MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

He's messing with you!!! Typical manipulative cat, gotta love em!

That's interesting as that is where I am swollen too. I will keep massaging my IT band and stretching it out. Mine was very tight after the arthroscopy in Feb so I did exercises which helped it. It's possible that it's tighten up again. My physios don't seem to offer massage, they're all about exercises.

Does yours tighten up all down the side of your leg?
 
It certainly does, the itb band runs from thigh to just under the knee and has caused me a problem for he last couple of years after last fell down the stairs (which started this all off)!

My Physio at the BMI is excellent and massages my knee if she thinks it needs it. She spent a longtime in the beginning of my recovery massaging the fluid away, also sorted out the muscle that was in spasm at the back of my knee. In fact she's so good, if even consider paying to see her if necessary.
 
That sounds great, the guy I saw this week said I could try massaging it myself......!!
 
Thank you. It's good to hear that other bonesmarties think it looks ok, l do worry that it doesn't!
 
Just returned from my first longish shopping trip (only Waitrose! A fairly good supermarket in the UK). Had coffee and a pastry with my sister and then a bit of shopping! Got a few bargains, lol, which we ate for lunch, lol. :egypdance:
Knee is feeling a little stiff, so am now icing and elevating. Managed to buy some cases cocoa butter formula vit e cream too, so will also try that on my scar.
 
I think it looks really good. Posted a pic of mine earlier. Well done on the Waitrose trip (there's an M&S Simply Food 2 mins walk from my house - its dangerous!). Did you go without your cane? People swear by cocoa butter and also by coconut oil.
 
@Raffs took my cane with me as wanted people to stay out of my way!! I saw your picture, mine looked looked that when l was about the same time out as you are now. If l lived where you are, I'd always be in there, lol.
I'd been using E45 cream but had never used Cocoa Butter so thought l would get some after reading about it on here.
 
Good plan, it's a great warning system. We are always in M&S!! It's too tempting and too close! Let me know which cream you think is best, I'd like to try various things. Bio Oil seems to be working ok though.
 
@Raffs will do, noticed that E45 was making my knee a little red so not sure if l was rubbing it too hard! Have just put some cocoa butter on so will report back to you. Was thinking about the knee class I'm doing next month, I know that some BMI hospitals run them independently and you can pay to take them (£165 for 10 classes, £95 for 5) don't know if you have any local BMI hospitals near you but you could check with them if you were interested as l think anyone can join them.
 
Yes, I do. Two, I fact. I had my arthroscopy at one of them and physio earlier in the year at another. I might just do that....thanks!
 
If they do run them, it doesn't matter if you've recovered from surgery or are recovering, l know of one chap that did the same course 3 times!
 
Wondered why my scar was a little hard and tender this morning, turns out that another part of a dissolvable stitch (that didn't dissolve) has just decided to work it's way out! Just as well I've got some iodine to put on that area, thankfully, it's literally superficial and was like a scab falling off, will keep an eye on it over the next couple of days. Hopefully that's all the stitch out now!
 
Those dissolvable stitches are giving you lots of grief! Hopefully this one won't result in a trip to see the nurse.
 
They really are, it's the same one that the nurse snipped about 4 weeks ago, I'm really hoping that it was the end that came out this time.

Think l overdid it shopping as knee is now hot and burning!
 
I think it's this humid weather as my knee is also hot and burning!!
 
I'm glad I'm not the only one then, hadn't thought about the weather causing the knee pain today.
 
My PT told me that some folks are real stitch spitters! Your body knows how to deal with unwanted intruders.
 
That would be me! One caused a blood blister that I had to go to the OS to take care of. He actually called me a 'stitch spitter', made me laugh. I lost count of how many 'came up for air'. :)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom