MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

That story is amazing but sounds almost too good to be true!! Surely he'd still have some pain from the soft tissues etc? Great if it is possible though. Did you spot the kitty hiding behind him in the photo where he is standing up??
 
Good afternoon Mrs Griswold! Sitting with your leg bent for ages definitely makes it stiff and sore. Mine was bad last week after sitting in the pub for a couple of hours. Don't be annoyed at yourself, things happen and it's only a small setback along the way. You'll have forgotten all about it by the time you're unpacking the first box of Christmas decorations!! It must be hard when you're onto your second knee, it's got to be impossible not to compare one to the other. @Kansas Teacher TKR sounds like a good excuse for fish and chips, not that I'd ever need an excuse!!
 
Thanks for the link! Quite an amazing recovery. I especially liked the fact he didn't have to fast prior to the procedure. :)
 
@Raffs It is an amazing story and l guess we'll have to wait to see what the eventual outcome is. It does sound almost too good to be true, but here's hoping that this is the future for tkrs. I did see the moggy, so he must be a good fella if he's a cat owner! It's still annoying though that l can't sit with my knee bent for a normal amount of time, oh well, guess I've had to learn the hard way! Takes so long to unpack the first few boxes of decs! Quite often I've forgotten that I've bought things in the sales that I've hidden away and not told hubby about, so they always come as a lovely surprise! It is hard not to compare as my leg knee recovered a lot faster than this one! As the old Gloria Gaynor song goes 'I will survive'!

@tigz You're welcome. This new procedure does sound promising, I will be asking my OS what he knows/thinks about it.
 
@Raffs , I'm with you on the fish and chips but we're going to have to head to the UK for that. I haven't had really good fish and chips since I was in the London area some years back. As a matter of fact, those sound really good.

But I'm kind of with the rest of you. It does sound a big too good to be true but I hope for his sake that it is!

Roxie
 
Well, we're coming to the UK either later this fall or the next to see an exchange student and his family we had many years ago. He lives in the Croydon area. You'll both have to let me know the hot spots!

Roxie
 
As l live near Bath, I'm not au fait with London and the surrounding areas that's @Raffs domain, but if you're coming down this let me know.
 
That would be great for future knee replacement I am sure I will need! Yes please post a link. I wish I was more patient. Today, I am sore after PT yesterday but just had a lime-a-Rita and ES Tylenol, leg up and some ice!
 
Knee appears to be settling down today. The swelling at the side of my knee going to bottom of knee looks like it's going down, don't want to tempt fate so going to rest up today!

Fergus the cat is using his flap to exit the house but has not yet used it to get into the house. Hubby is currently building a step so that it's easier for him (and me, although I'll not be using the flap!) to get into the house. It's quite a step up from the path to get through the door and l must admit l don't feel that confident stepping down from the utility room onto the path, so it will be much better for me and, hopefully, my furry friend :catbutterfly:
 
Well of course you won't be using the flap. You haven't gotten your microchip installed yet. Glad to hear you're getting a step installed to make ingress/egress easier.


Jean

LTKR (Stryker Triathlon): 21 April 2015
Right Knee Arthroscopy: 25 July 2006
Left Knee Arthroscopy: 10 February 2005
 
@PolarBear60 now that made me laugh :heehee:, must make an appointment with my GP to have one fitted! Hubby has now finished the step and it's now drying in the rain!! Will make me feel so much more confident now it's done, won't have such a fear of tripping.
 
Good to hear your knee is feeling better again. How much exercise (walking and physio) do you do each day?

It took Patti a while to be comfortable using the flap to get into the house but she soon got the hang of it. Hunger or rain will help speed things along!!
 
Must admit that l don't do too much, leg raises, ankle slides, extension exercises and walking a little when it's not raining. Got quite good ROM now but my extension is still not at zero. Decided against baths for the moment as it was causing too much of a strain having to bend my knee to get out!
 
So your PT hasn't given you any strengthening exercises to do at home? I have 5 exercises I'm supposed to do but only do 4 of them plus some raises, slides, clamshells and an IT band stretch.
 
Only the exercises l had when l was in hospital which are mentioned above. DifFerent exercises when l have Physio in the gym, gym ball squats (x3), gym ball bounces coming into squat position (x3), static bike on low resistance (3 mins) cross trainer (3 mins) and balance machine (3 mins).
 
Oh, so they don't get you doing all that in the gym and then give you lunges, sit/stands etc to do at home in between gym sessions? That sounds great! I struggle knowing if what I'm doing at home is too much. I try to hit a balance between what the PT tells me to do and what BS advise. Not sure I often succeed!!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom