Guest viewing is limited

MUA CATSMUM's new road to recovery

Pleased to hear that yesterday was just a minor blip. Saw the forecast for your area - lots of rain today! Sounds good re the fit note. I'm signed off until 17 Aug and so sadly may be starting to work from home next week..... Depends what the OS says on Sat and how I feel in a week's time. Enjoy a lazy day resting and watching the rain.
 
Knee still quite sore after my exploits on Sunday. Spent most of yesterday elevating and icing. I've got Physio today so will get her to check it out properly. Then I'm off to the dentist for a quick check of a tooth that l think needs to be filed down as my tongue keeps finding it!! Will report back after I've had my Physio session. Feel that I'm back at about week 6 rather than almost 10 weeks out!
 
Hope physio goes well, looking forward to hearing how it goes. Try not to be too down, you may get positive news later. Sending a hug. :friends:
 
Thanks @Raffs, I'm just a little disappointed that I put myself back as l really felt as if I was on the up, guess I'll have to be patient. Was just reading your previous post. If you don't feel you're fit enough to wfh next week then ask for a continuation fit note, only you know how you really feel, that's why l asked for 5 weeks to take account of the 2 weeks I've put myself back.
 
Oh I would be devastated. You seem to be dealing with it much better than I would. I'm going to do an update to my thread later, I think, about work and other stuff. As with most things, it's a bit complicated! Chin up. Say hi to Fergus from me.
 
@Raffs look forward to reading your update in due course.

Had a good physio session this morning, had a few minutes on the bike, couple of minutes on the cross trainer, couple of minutes on the balancing machine and a little bit of work with the gym ball. Physio also confirmed that l have only dented my confidence and nothing else after my little accidents. My ROM is better than a couple of weeks ago too, which is marvellous considering my accidents. Told her about some grinding ml have in my knee which she says is more an likely the tissues rubbing against things, hopefully, that will dissipate as the swelling lessens. Got another session in a couple of weeks and then my knee class which I'm looking forward to, also found out that my Physio will be taking one of the weekly sessions, so I'm really chuffed about that. :yay:
 
I hope you are doing better today. Odic, seems like we all joined over the weekend! I have noticed with me that in the morning, after walking out the stiffness, my knee is the best. Must be all of the rest? By day's end, it does not hurt but is stiff and ready for elevation and ice! Is that what you find too?
 
@tigwy11 Doing much better today, you're right looks like we all were doing things over the weekend that might have been just beyond our current capabilities, lol. My stiffness, like yours, is first thing in the morning and loosens up gradually during the day with very little pain in the evening. I ice and elevate as much as l can, have completely cut out codeine now and only take paracetamol and naproxen.
 
Great report from the physio. You must be very pleased? So good to hear that you haven't done anything much to slow your progress. How you feeling?
 
I'm very pleased, so relieved that all is progressing well. Feeling as if that light at the end of the tunnel is starting to appear albeit that it might be some distance away. :)

Physio also told me to continue with what I've been doing, which isn't a lot!
 
Slept really well last night, couldn't quite believe it! Knee still a little stiff but is moving a little easier, probably after the Physio session yesterday. Walked almost a mile in total this morning to the GP to pick up my fitnote and also a quick visit to the local shops! Didn't use my cane either, although it did appear to take a little longer to walk there and back without it! Just had a lovely bacon bap at home for brekkie and now icing my knee. Feeling more positive today. Sunny at the moment but l believe we're expecting a maelstrom tomorrow and Friday!
 
Great to hear all this! A mile without a cane is really good. Yep, forecast for tomorrow and Friday is not good! Glad you're feeling positive and having a good day.
 
Must admit that my speed did drop significantly on the way back, but it is improvement and that's the main thing.
 
Morning. Batten down the hatches today!! No outside walks for us, I guess?! Hope all ok.
 
@Raffs morning, you're up bright and early, saying that I've been awake so nice 4.40 when l got up to let Fergus in! Not raining here at the moment but it's on it's way, so no walking today! Had to moisturise my scar today as it appeared quite dry, think l forgot to do it yesterday! Apart from that, so far so good.
 
Latest picture of my healing scar, still tender at the top and it has got a little wider unfortunately.
[Bonesmart.org] CATSMUM's new road to recovery
 
No cat flap?? Not sure I'd take kindly to 4.40am requests!! I usually wake up when hubby get up and starts crashing around at about 7am.

I've been moisturising my knee and rubbing a couple of drops of bio oil into the scar. I like massaging the scar, is that weird!?

Your scar looks good as does your knee. You look a little swollen in the same area as I am - around the numb area - or is it a trick of the light?

No rain here yet.....
 
We do have a flap but he was at the front door and always looks up at the window, makes me feel guilty because l just peek out if the curtains to see if he's there and he is!
Not a trick of the light, the swelling is the itb band that the Physio massaged for me, it's a little more swollen due to the slip. It feels very uncomfortable sometimes to the point that l don't want to walk on it. It's because its tight and needs massage.
Can't use bio oil as I'm really allergic to it :nah:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom