THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

:wowspring:Oh Cassidy. I'm so glad everything is going well for you and DH.
Singing and playing the piano...so much joy for you and for those who get to part of it.
I will always think of your harrowing recovery story...hubby's bad timing and your steadfastness and determination to get through it all....sort of remarkable as you were kind of a pre-op worry wart like me!:heehee:
ONE OF MY HEROS, for sure.:friends:
Pop in from time to time and let us know how life is treating you, please.:yes:
 
Congratulations on a well played journey @Cassidy! You were put to some hard tests and managed to move through it all with grace ...and just one fall! Glad it didn't impact the new body part. Wishing you and your hubby a wonderful peaceful time ahead to enjoy new found health and mobility! Hugs!!
 
@Cassidy I've been thinking of you in the last week, as I progress to the end of week two post op tomorrow. I continue to be amazed at what life handed you so early in your recovery, and how you coped so amazingly well!
Wonderful to read how things have settled and that you are getting back to the life you enjoy.Wishing you and your husband health and happiness on your journey!:)
 
@Cassidy
It's lovely to read such a positive report. Long may it continue for both you and your husband.
I too went back to singing, going to a new group yesterday evening. It was great to be out and I really enjoyed the evening. I will be going back next week.
Best wishes to you both
 
So glad things are getting better @Cassidy - it certainly has been a long haul for you. Lovely to hear how many people sing, dance, play piano etc x
 
@Cassidy .....so good to read of your steady progress :) You're doing so well after a difficult and worrying early recovery period....really glad your husband is doing well too. Now your challenge is to find the balance of getting back to normal life and not overdoing it....I'm sure you'll manage that brilliantly! Take care :flwrysmile:
 
Thank you everybody, for your kind words, but I honestly don't think I did anything that the rest of you wouldn't have done - it's surprising how we find the resources to cope in difficult situations when pushed. It's also easier with support from family and friends, and my Bonesmart friends certainly helped my side of it all; there were many sleepless nights when I found reading other people's stories gave me comfort - and in some cases a few laughs! Having to think about my husband's problems made me focus less on my own, although I will admit to finding the tiredness overwhelming at times - it wasn't normal tiredness, but that all consuming post-op weariness that doesn't necessarily lead to sleep. The worst point in my own recovery was probably my fall a couple of weeks ago which, apart from being painful, convinced me that I'd jeopardised the chances of my non-cemented hip healing well or, at worst, having dislodged/fractured it. I assume I'd have felt that by now, though, so hopefully all is well on that front. Anyway, I will continue to visit the site and contribute now and again, sympathise when needed and laugh when appropriate! :shrug::bawl::loll:
 
Glad your fall did not cause issues. I think you have been amazing! How is the walking going?
 
My walking is mostly fine @SurreyGirl, in fact my creaky knees are almost more of a problem. I do notice that the incision gets a bit sore sometimes - I think I need to up the icing, as it can get a bit raised and still has a small knot at one end - but it's all gradually improving. My muscles need a lot of exercise though, and I get out of breath sooner than I should; too long without moving properly.
 
@Cassidy good to know that you are getting on ok. I understand the knee problem too. The OS said I would need a knee replacement but since it has had to do the brunt of the work it's really bad :-(
Hope yours is more manageable and that hubby is ok too
 
You're about the same stage as me @Bionic - is all going well apart from the knee?
 
@Cassidy
The hip replacement is coming along nicely. I am just very disappointed about the knee because can't do what I would like with the hip.
Ah well, that's life
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
I hope you and hubby are doing well and life is falling back into place for you both.
A great week to you! :)
@Cassidy
 
Glad to hear things are settling down a bit for you and your husband, Cassidy -
 
Great to hear from you and that things are settling, except for that troublesome knee @Cassidy About two weeks post op, I joined the ODIC club with major energy drain from doing a wee bit too much. I thought of you immediately and was again in awe of how you coped with your husband's cardiac problems. I really am pleased for you both in that things are calmer.
 
I haven't posted recently, although I do read others posts and comment occasionally, but mostly I'm back to being busy with work and family "things". I can sleep on either side now - and do! - and walk without noticing anything amiss (in fact I forget that I've had the op most of the time). I went away with the family last week and was able to walk around the grounds of the hotel without wondering whether I'd make it - only downside was I caught a cold - and it's lovely just being back to "normal". I have to remind myself not to do anything silly, and sometimes the scar is a bit sore - especially after a long day of moving around - but that's getting less from day to day. I hope anybody about to have the op/just having had the op, can take comfort from my experience - and I had the hindrance of a husband having heart bypass surgery, so I wasn't exactly lying around convalescing!

I know recoveries differ, but I imagine mine was an average one - not totally smooth, but bearable, and the worst bit over quickly. I also know that I won't be properly recovered for several months, or even a year, but so far, so good.

Husband is also much better now, by the way! (I have to try not to be irritated by friends who ask after him and forget to ask after me.)

I hope everybody has a restful weekend.
 
@Cassidy so nice to hear from you. You have been in my thoughts but I assumed you had so much on your plate with Hubby's surgery.

So glad you are already seeing the benefits of this amazing surgery. Yes, you will continue to recover - for up to 12 months. But you have been through the worst part and dealt with so much more than THR recovery during that time. Well done!
 
:wave:

How is your husband?:heehee:

Just kidding...glad he is well.
So happy to hear you are hippy happy except for the regular still recovering hippy stuff.
Take care of yourself...and pop in as I was so happy to see an update!:loveshwr:
 
Last edited:

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom