Guest viewing is limited

THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

Oh my stars...Cassidy...new hip and how many new grey hairs?
Hoping for uneventful weekend for you and hubby.
Glad he has made it home so you can worry yourself sick!?:unsure:
You have all the good mojo I can conjure up going your way!
Rest!
 
My goodness @Cassidy, you have been running a virtual marathon. Amazing that you have managed so well. Hats off to you! So glad your hubby is home, although a bit nerve wracking. I hope you have the cell phones set up for easy communication if needed in the middle of the night. Most of all I hope you are both managing to get some much needed and well earned rest. You are amazing in all that you have been through this summer! Wishing you and hubby a restful and healing weekend.
:flwrysmile:
 
Hope you and hubby are having a peaceful weekend together.
No drama, no interruptions, maybe even a nap :yawn: :sleep:
Take care and let us know how you're doing when you're able.
Hope you have a nice Sunday!
@Cassidy
 
Hopefully your week is going okay, Cassidy.
We haven't heard from you in a bit. I hope hubby is doing well at home.
I can't recall when, but I know you were planning to phase back into work soon.
Wishing you the best as you do that. Have a great weekend!
@Cassidy
 
Thanks for enquiring @Layla. Husband is recovering slowly - he still looks pale and tires quickly, but is pleased to be home. I did laugh when the cardiac rehabilitation nurse suggested that he might be better off with my home cooking though; I think the hospital food may have been better! He needs to ship my mother up to cook him rice pudding and hearty stews, as her home cooking is far superior to mine!

My daughter helps to run an adventure camp/music festival this weekend (www.campwildfire.co.uk) and hubby has always provided a retro radio shack as part of the camp. Obviously he's been stymied this year, but he's trying to help to organise it from his armchair, which I think is doing him good. My daughter and I usually run the merch stall and, again, I'm having to take a step back (but no falling, I know!), but am still helping from the sidelines. I think it's doing us both good, if only by taking our minds off hospitals and operations.

I hope you have a good weekend too. I go back to work part-time part-time on Tuesday, but I met with my boss this week and he's agreed that for the first two weeks I start after the rush hour and finish when I've had enough. He's not a bad egg really (is that too English too. along with my walking stick?!).
 
Hi friend.
Good to hear you and hubby are hanging in there.
Lots of drama going with my DH health right now so I know the extra stress it is in the day to day activities.
You have been so strong and gracious through all of this...
Wishing you some very good times to come!
 
Hi @Cassidy.....just catching up on your journey.....wow, good job you couldn't foresee all of this beforehand, you'd have run screaming!! Recovery for you is pretty exhausting, and I know how tiring it is looking after a convalescent husband, so take care of yourself and try not to overdo it (totally useless advice, I know, but we feel we have to trot out the mantras, just in case!) Glad you've got an understanding boss (he is indeed a good egg, some years since I've heard that phrase :)), hope all goes well on Tuesday. If nothing else it'll give you something to talk about with your husband (mine is home all the time now and new topics of conversation are getting hard to find!)....all the best to you both :flwrysmile:
 
@Cassidy Wishing you a peaceful weekend and to both you and your DH, continued positive healing.
Good luck with the going back to work next week. Wonderful that your boss is a “good egg”! I’m sure a lot of that kindness reflects on the quality of employee he wants back in the office as well, what ever she is able to do :wink:
 
@Cassidy
Things seem to be on the up for both of you and I am sure that you are right about the festival taking your minds off of your problems.
You will probably be glad to get back to work for some normality but don't forget to listen to your body.
 
Hi there,
Glad you and hubby are doing okay.
I'm happy to hear your boss will be easy on you, allowing you to phase back into your job.
I hope you have a peaceful weekend before returning to work.
@Cassidy
 
Hi Cassidy. It sounds like things are settling a bit after all the additional stress you've had. I'm sending good vibes and energy to you for the next steps in your journey!:flwrysmile:
 
I'm not sure I've ever been called gracious @Mojo333! Almost sounds a bit too demure for me - I don't get the impression that's you either! I am a bit keep calm and carry on-ish - but not without the stress alongside it.

That's partly why I keep working @anny - I worry that when we're both at home all day together we'll drive each other batty! I also like the routine of getting up, getting dressed and getting out there with all younger people. Many of my friends don't understand why I don't retire when I can, but I'm hoping I've still got plenty of time to take up new hobbies; if I haven't I won't know anything about it anyway.

Compared with your experiences, @clodaghcov, my recovery has been remarkably straightforward - just a shame that my husband chose to sideline me (he would say he didn't choose to, but I'm not so sure - I think the nursing role was getting him down, even after two weeks!).

I haven't worn my TED's since week 3, @Apricot. A couple of days after my husband was admitted to hospital I rang the PT and said I was more likely to die from heat exhaustion than a blood clot, given that the temperature at the time was + 35 degrees, I was on blood thinners and having to walk thousands of steps around the hospital. She said that if there was nobody at home to help me on with them, then I couldn't put them on could I - a sort of non-committal go ahead to leave them off. I don't think she wanted to be quoted by the OS, but was sort of giving her approval. So, no, I don't miss them one little bit!!

The festival went very well and I survived! I sat down when I could, but still stood and walked a lot - but without any ill effects so far. I do sometimes forget that I have a new hip, but must remind myself not to bend too far for a few more weeks. I seem to have got over the post-op energy drain (although I'm not telling my boss that for a couple of weeks!). Thanks everybody for your encouragement during all of this; hubby is slowly gaining strength, but I rather think he's forgotten that I still need a bit of special treatment - so basically everything's pretty well getting back to normal!
 
Not quite two months...I think you're doing exceptionally well.
So glad your hip replacement recovery has gone well and you were able to manage the festival.
You do need some extra time and TLC right now..so you will have to make sure you are the one that gives it to yourself.
Gotta do what we gotta do right ?
Hope all continues to get better and better. Thanks for the update...:loveshwr:
I don't get the impression that's you either!
:whistle:
 
@Cassidy - I understand your feeling that you need some pampering after all you've been through with your surgery followed by hubby's surgery! I agree with Mojo333 that sometimes we just have to give the TLC to ourselves! Your hubs is using his energy for his healing just as you are. It's frustrating, I know. My hubs is very caring and strives to be a good caregiver but has energy drain challenges due to post-concussion syndrome that manifests with too much stress or lack of rest. (He's a former downhill skiier, wore a helmet, but over the years has had a couple of falls so has quit skiing). There's no real cognitive issues but I see that he needs more rest over the years than before and my waking and tossing the past year or so and post-surgery did impact him. I have to keep that in mind and not have expectations that he can't fulfill when he's fatigued. Invisible injuries challenge our compassion sometimes and the fact I worked in brain injury raises expectations that I should be more aware. So, we have to give ourselves that extra hug!:friends:Here's one from me!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:giggle:
I must admit I was trying to make you giggle when I reminded you about the TEDs. Sorry.
 
I giggle when I think about my ploy to escape them @Apricot!! Don't apologise - it's surprising how quickly you forget these things once they're over - I did hate them with a vengeance at the time though!
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom