THR Cassidy's hopalong recovery<

All good news, Cassidy!
So nice to hear it. You did have an unusual beginning to recovery with hubby's health crisis.
I'm happy to read you're both doing well. Awesome!
Enjoy the weekend :)
@Cassidy
 
So great to have an uplifting update! Glad you are doing so well and I wish all the best and a very lovely Christmas for you and your husband ( hope I can say that now we are in November?) x
 
@Cassidy
As the others have said it's great to read that you are getting on ok despite the tough times you had to go through. I hope they are almost a distant memory for you and your husband now.
Best wishes to both of you
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary! A flower for your special day :flwrysmile:
Hope you're having a good week, Cassidy.
Take care and stop by when you're able.
@Cassidy
 
Hope all is well with you and hubby...five months out now.

Wishing your holiday season to be joyful and happy!:dancing:
 
Hi Cassidy,
I hope all is well for you and hubby too.
Wishing you both a lovely holiday season and a happy, healthy 2019!
@Cassidy
:merry christmas:
 
Thank you both @Mojo333 and @Layla - for your Christmas wishes and my five month anniversary wishes. I really don't know where the time has gone to. The first three months or so seemed to drag a bit, but the last couple of months have flown by! A friend of mine had her hip replaced last week, with virtually the same incision (although she tells me she has stitches whereas mine was glued), and I could honestly say to her that she'd soon be over it and forgetting she'd ever had the bad hip! So thank you again for your help along the way, and a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all. I will continue to read others' progress with interest, and butt in if I think I've got anything worth saying though. :reindeerlights:
 
@Cassidy
Glad you continue to get on well and your replacement will soon be a distant memory.
Merry Christmas and happy new year to you :reindeerlights:
 
Good to hear you are doing well and supporting and inspiring your friend through her hippy experience. Happy Holidays!
 
Hi @Cassidy....I don't get on the forum very often these days but thought I'd do a quick update on as many of my friends as I can before Christmas. Glad to hear you're toddling along reasonably well, sympathise with you and everyone else whose knee is lining up for their moment in the spotlight....as Bionic said, once you've had your hip done you don't want your knee getting in the way of it recovering! My March hip is pretty good, but the September one is slow and setting back March a bit....add in now wonky knees and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm just going to work thro all my joints "2 by 2" :umm::heehee: I suppose life would be boring without the ups and downs! Give my love to Kent.....I lived just outside Whitstable in the early 80s, and loved it there. Have a great Christmas :tree2;
 
:merryx: @Cassidy
Hope all is well with you and yours!:angel:
 
Hey Cassidy :wave:
I hope you had a nice Christmas.
Wondering how you and hubby are doing these days?
I can't believe you're six months post op already.
Those pre-op days filled with apprehension don't feel that far away.
You've been through a lot.
I hope both your and hubs health is good and I'm wishing you both a very Happy New Year!
@Cassidy
 
Thank you @Layla. I haven't looked at the forum for a while, what with Christmas and New Year, but come back now and again to see what's happening to my peers (in hip replacement that is), so thank you for your best wishes, and I hope you had a good Christmas and a Happy 2019. My husband and I are both progressing well (although his blood pressure is still up and down), and things are pretty well back to normal - whatever that may be! My hip is worryingly good (in that I have to stop myself doing silly things with it), and the operation itself is long forgotten - I can't believe it's over six months ago. (The scar sometimes gets a bit sore, but I'm sure will be fine in a few months time.) I'm now advising friends to go for it when I see them hobbling around, and offering to lend grabbers, etc. So for anybody wondering whether to go for it - do!!
 
My hip is worryingly good (in that I have to stop myself doing silly things with it), and the operation itself is long forgotten -

If only we knew then, what we know now (pre-op / post-op)
Great update! And to think that at six months into recovery, there's still room for improvement :happydance:
It was nice to hear from you, please don't be a stranger.
Enjoy the weekend :)
@Cassidy
 
I think you're right about the room for improvement, @Layla - my ROM is gradually improving. Still a way to go with that. I went back to Scottish dancing for the first time in a couple of years thus evening, and it was so good not to feel pain at every turn.
 
So glad to hear you are doing well @Cassidy
Hope the New Year brings much happiness!
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom