Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.
smrt2run We just watched that movie Sat. I thought it was good. I like Helen Mirren and Anthony Hopkins both, and we love Scarlett Johannson. They did a good job. Yeah, Psycho's a classic. I think it's his most famous one. I prefer the others with Grace Kelly and Cary Grant. She was so beautiful and I love the era and her clothes.
Alfred was a strange guy, I think.
When you rent Netflix, do you do it by mail? I have Netflix over the computer only. We're not organized enough to plan ahead and order the movies by mail. How long does it take to get them? And you just pop them back in the envelope and put them in the mail? We usually try Redbox first because it's so cheap and there are lots of them around here, but they often don't have great picks. And the Netflix on line isn't so hot, either. But whatcha gonna do....? I love movies, but even though I'm not active, don't seem to watch so many anyhow.
 
What is Netflix and Redbox... Not terms we are familiar with here in Australia.. :)
 
Poppet Redbox is like a movie vending machine. You put your credit card in an rent a movie and they charge your card for how long you keep it. Netflix is both a way to watch movies online and dvds through the mail. They of course charge for the service but it's reasonable and actually really popular.

ByGosh I do both. The DVD's ship rather quickly, I get them in a day or two. I really want to cancel my instant because I don't use it as much but really want to see Arrested Development and House of Cards so I'll keep it.
 
smrt2run My son loved Arrested Development. They're both TV shows, right. I've been meaning to watch it myself. Thanks for the reminder..
 
Thanks for the explanation... Interesting :)
 
ByGosh Yes, they are both t.v. shows. Netflix is making new episodes only for their site. They must know I was thinking of canceling it.
 
What is Netflix and Redbox... Not terms we are familiar with here in Australia
We have had a redbox at out local shopping centre for about a year. Plus I think I saw one at Goulburn when I was there recently for a holiday.
 
ByGosh yes Henry is a lucky boy, our local pub is very dog friendly and even has a notice up outside that says, muddy boots and paws welcome!! It's won prestigious awards for it's beer and even has it's own micro brewery brewing a few beers so it's also very popular!

We have Netflix in the UK but I've not heard of Redbox.
 
Littlejem Redbox is very handy. It's a vending machine with DVD movies in it. You make your selection and swipe the credit card, and for a little over $1.00 per day, you get your movie. When you're finished with it, you can return it to any Redbox vending machine anywhere, doesn't have to be the original one where you got it.
You can look up the locations on line and see which Redbox has your movie. Very handy, but they don't have every new great movie out. Lots of them are movies I wouldn't be interested in - too violent or horror movies, etc. I'm more of a classic, or romantic comedy type. Nothing too stimulating - my nerves can't take it! :beg:

smrt2run Yeah, Netflix can read your mind. Better make a hat out of tinfoil and wear it, so they can't get your brain signals anymore! haha That's what the psychotic people believe, poor things.
I sometimes feel like my dogs are sending me signals when they stare at me with their big eyes boring a hole through my heart, wanting a walk or to be fed! They definately are sending me a message ---" take care of me, now!"
It works, too. I'm a softie. :puppysmooze: And they know it.
 
Bursitis in both of my trochanters is still here post-op, just as bad as pre-op. Icing and rest isn't doing the trick. Anyone else have this and what has worked for you?
 
ByGosh, just finished watching Hitchcock. Sure took me on a trip down Memory Lane. :)

I'll be interested to see what you find out about the bursitis. Lately I'm thinking I might be plagued with that. Typically I see people recommending injections. Trying to avoid that. Here's an article from the library about it:
Trochanteric bursitis with THR

Sharon
 
sharonslp Oh, the bursitis! It has plagued me for months now. I just tried warm wet compresses which provide some relief temporarily. I bet my OS recommends cortisone injections. I don't know if I'm too fresh post-op for it, though. Don't want to jeopardize the new hips.
I was treated with Iontophoresis last fall by the physio therapist and it helped. They use topical dexamethasone liquid and drive it into the tissues with electricity - not as bad as it sounds. Takes a number of times, but eventually works some. No side effects to it, not like systemic. Although the shots are very superficial and not into a joint, so they're not supposed to have the potential negative effects joint shots can have. We'll see.

Littlejem - Yes, easy does it on the nerves right about now. I've got all the stimulation I can handle!
 
Hello @ Littlejem My doggie is right here by my side, safe and sound, and letting me know he wants to go for a drive in the car or a walk! He's a little pip, and gets bored at home all day.


I decided to switch things up a bit and put a different picture up. I get bored at home all day, too!
 
They're such good company aren't they!! Are you able to walk him ok yet, I just about manage to take my boy across the road and let him have a run round the field. He's so big and strong I'd be worried to lead walk him, he has a few doggie friends that he would pull to get to say hello to and if he wanted to go I don't think I could hold him.
I know what you mean about being bored at home, it's quite nice for a few weeks but daytime TV is so boring after a while!! :sleep:
 
Littlejem I did walk the dogs a bit up the block and down again a week or so ago (I have two dogs, both smallish) until this groin pain started. No more now. I'm trying to lay low and see if this doesn't get better. I saw the OS assistant today who said the hip replacements are "perfect", meaning they're in the right places, etc., and she thinks the groin issue is soft tissue swelling, inflammation, stiffness, post op recovery stuff. She says a lot of bilateral hips still have pain and soreness @ 6 weeks. I don't know. I just know that I'm tired of it. I feel pretty good in the mornings, but by afternoon, I'm on the couch hurting. She said to use heat now to loosen it up because there's still stiffness there. The heat feels very soothing, I must say!
Oh well, whatcha gonna do? I have to just hang in and go with it. Have to go get some of those microwaveable heat packs this weekend. Now that'll be something to look forward to! LOL

So it's Friday... Having a little pub trip for a nip with ole Henry? Give the good boy a pickeled pigs foot on me. Have fun!
 
We have had a redbox at out local shopping centre for about a year. Plus I think I saw one at Goulburn when I was there recently for a holiday.

Haha... it is a vending machine for DVDs... Maybe I don't get out enough! or watch many DVDs! lol
 
ByGosh, are you doing any PT? I haven't started mine up again since my last surgery. I am still pretty sore and I hate to start irritating things yet.
 
ByGosh, just finished watching Hitchcock. Sure took me on a trip down Memory Lane. :)

I'll be interested to see what you find out about the bursitis. Lately I'm thinking I might be plagued with that. Typically I see people recommending injections. Trying to avoid that. Here's an article from the library about it:
Trochanteric bursitis with THR

Sharon

Hi there honey, couldn't find your own thread... need an update from you to reply :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom