Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for goodness sake, don't get Jo going on the subject of screws!
 
You should start this type of thread in the Social Room.. More members could join in :)
 
Ha zauberflöte you are right when you're 'in lumber' you're in trouble. Another UK word change you have learnt!! Thought it fitting that if he was asking a celeb for her number he would land in lumber!! I really envy you if you do have have an enormous wood pile, wood is so expensive to buy here and we have a log burner!!

Ok @smrt2run @Weezi @zauberflöte @BarbaraR @ByGosh and @bottomshollow great you're joining us!!
1.My shed has a woodpile enormous!
2. But my husband now has to be cautious
 
Ok @smrt2run @Weezi @zauberflöte @BarbaraR ByGosh bottomshollow smrt2run Littlejem Poppet
As Poppet says, let's move to the social room! Going over there now, will call it "In the land of Limerick"

1.My shed has a woodpile enormous!
2. But my husband now has to be cautious

Janet, we do ahve a woodpile, but not enormous nor in the shed. Hub's mother keeps haveing dead trees cut down, and sometimes the logs get split, so we get to reap the benefits! :)
 
ByGosh here we are in alternate universes again LOL Poppet suggestred we move the limericks over to Social, so I did. But.... you want it, you got it!
1.My shed has a woodpile enormous!
2. But my husband now has to be cautious
3. Becuz when he picks up the ax
4.all the spiders he whacks (I seem to have a thing about spiders in the woodpile....)
 
zauberflöte You have a nice new sunshiney picture. Lovely.

1.My shed has a woodpile enormous!
2. But my husband now has to be cautious
3. Becuz when he picks up the ax
4.all the spiders he whacks
5.Will bite and make him feel nauseous! :sick:

Weezi smrt2run Littlejem BarbaraR @Everyone Here's our "last" limerick before relocating to the Land of Limericks. Not bad.
 
zauberflöte
Beautiful place. Where is it? Looks so relaxing and peaceful. You have something really nice to look forward to! :yes:
 
ByGosh Woods Hole, MA on Cape Cod :) It's wonderful. I hope the water is warm enough to get the kayak out, but usually in May it's pretty chilly. There are three occupations we have there (besides eating LOL...) : water activities (I think I can still get into that kayak), biking the bike path, all 13 miles of it one way(definitely NOT) and "walking into town", which was not fun last September. We shall see. it's peaceful, quiet, i can read all I want, sit out on the porch with that view so long as it's warm enough...watch a movie every night on Netflix,... the ideal vacation. And best of all, no adult child in tow. Just the two of us, first time in 20+ yrs and maybe last chance in a long time, too. :)
 
Oh wow zauberflöte you're 'holiday' place looks so beautiful and it sounds like an idyllic place to be. I hope you have a lovely relaxing time on your preop time away, it will be nice to get away and just what you need to relax you both.
  • Hi ByGosh how are you doing, are things getting any easier for you and are you moving around a little better? :)
 
sqwerlie well then! You probably saw my not-yet-husband every summer-- a favored activity is getting ice cream at Jimmy's and watching the ferries!! I only started going there 35 yrs ago, which would mean you'd already gone away to school. Small world! Have you been back recently? The bike path has been under construction for several years. And of course you remember the Road Race when it was a lottery system...and you probably went to high school with some of dh's cousins! Does the name Egloff ring any bells?
Littlejem you are exactly right. Idyllic, we all agree.
 
zauberflöte....went back last year for a little bit, my family is still all there. Don't remember any Egloffs in high school though...I graduated in 1979, so it's been 34 years. Maybe we saw each other one day and now we're reunited :heehee:
 
Hi Littlejem zauberflöte!
Hi Ladies! How are you all doing? Sorry that I haven't been posting, but I've been preoccupied with a swollen, red toe, not painful. It started a couple of weeks ago, didn't go away, so last Mon. saw the foot MD, who didn't give much of a diagnosis, no fracture. There were also a few red dots on the bottoms of various toes, too. So I was still worried and went to my primary, who was wondering if it was an arthritic toe (there's a question if I have sero-negative rheumatoid arthritis), so he had me go to the rheumatologist, who wondered if it was some type of embolism, and sent me to a vascular MD. He said it wasn't serious, probably because I was walking like Frankenstein post op and may've stubbed it, put extra stress on the toes, etc. No treatment needed, just watch and wait, and it seems to be getting slowly better.
So I saw 5 people about this toe last week, plus Physio 3 times! Yikes! When I was in the midst of all this, I wasn't posting. No time, really.
Anyhow - I'm OK, thanks for checking in. Hips seem to be doing pretty good. I'm walking without a cane, able to run simple errands, clean the house a little, do light laundry. Of course, with all of this activity, I can't say that I'm painfree. The incision sites get sore, the thighs, knee and lower legs can all ache a bit. But my walking is good, I've even gone to the pool and paddled around some. Of course, the more I do, the more the aches come. 5 weeks post op today!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom