Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ByGosh groin pain is just so wearing isn't it, I get it in my unoperated hip from time to time and it just drags me down. Although I never had it in my operated hip, pre op, I have had a little in the last couple of weeks. You are right to rest and give your hips a little more recovery time and I imagine that those heat pad would feel really nice and soothing.
:puppysmooze:
Yes we went down to the pub last night and Henry came to, he had his favourite, crunchy roasted pigs ear, yuck, but he loves them!! I'm working my way through their list of specialty gins, on the happy hour, last nights was infused with orange and coriander, very nice but then they all are!! :martini: Janet
 
Littlejem Hello there. The gin sounds like just what the doctor ordered! I used to love a good gin and tonic with lime 'back in the day". I think you've gotten yourself a good little hobby going on there - tasting all of those specialty gins. Then when you're finished, you can start over. Or move onto to the flavored vodkas, maybe. (hic) :) I think it's wonderful how you and the family can get out and enjoy yourselves once a week. And I bet Henry thinks so, too. Good boy, he is. :puppysmooze:
 
sandybeach To answer your question about PT Yes, I've had PT since day 1 in the hospital. Then I had an in-home PT for 2 1/2 weeks, then started to go to out-patient PT when I was 3 weeks post-op. I do feel it was too much at times. Now the surgeons PA said to change the PT - no more strengthening, just range of motion and some pain relief measures - heat, etc. We'll see how that goes, as I'm back to having pain again, which is very discouraging.
 
ByGosh I'm so sorry to her you've got pain again, is there any thing you can think of that could be causing it? Exercising is meant to be good for you but not if it's making things worse and causing you pain. Did you get the heat pads and are they giving you any relief?
 
Hello Littlejem Thanks for asking. The pain gets worse the more I'm on my feet throughout the day. The hot pack helps some. I also still use ice. I think it's either I did too much at weeks 4-5 with my MD appoints. for that red toe I had, etc., or maybe it is rheumatoid arthritis and that's causing pain to still be there in and around the joint. I don't really know yet.
The PA for my Ortho Surgeon said they can't treat for rheum arthritis til 12 weeks post op anyhow, so I have no choice but to wait it out. In the meantime, I'm trying to take it easy and see if it is soft tissue inflammation from over doing it. If it doesn't get better, then I'll have to see the rheum MD and see what he says.
Otherwise, it was a nice day here in New England. Coolish in the 50s but bright and sunny. My hubby and I took the dogs for a drive to a nice park where I didn't have to walk much to get a bench to sit on. Loved it!
How's the weather for you in the UK?
 
Sorry I'd forgotten about the RA you were talking about earlier in the thread, I really hope that it's all just sorted with rest and relaxing.
Sounds like you had a lovely day getting out in the fresh air and sunshine with the dogs and hubby, I'm glad you enjoyed it. We've also had a really nice weekend, yesterday was so lovely we got to sit out in the garden and I even did a bit of rose pruning! :)
 
ByGosh Bilateral Hips in March .... you are only 6 weeks out. I have learned the hard way that it really is a good idea to slow down and take it easy. Are you or can you take NSAIDs ......OS started me back on them last week and it has made a big difference in my pain level. This ordeal has brought me back to the simple things in life....like going for a car ride just to ride and not have an agenda....it reminds me of when I was a kid and the whole family would pile into the car on sunday night...go for a ride and maybe if we were lucky we ended up at the dairy queen for an ice cream cone.!
 
ByGosh
How are you doing with the pain? Is it easing at all? Glad you got to at least go out to a park with hubby and watch the doggies - that must have lifted your spirits. I'm amazed they had you doing outpatient PT at 3 weeks. It's funny how there is so much of a difference with all the OS's. Mine wouldn't let me go to outpatient PT until 5 weeks and even then, once they cleared me at my 4 wk appointment, I couldn't get an appointment until almost my 6 week post op anniversary. Hope you are feeling better!
 
Quee-Knee Hi, yes I did alot weeks 4-5 with MD appts. and such, like I said to someone earlier in my thread. I do hope it's just that and nothing worse. I am on NSAIDS - meloxicam - and have been since 3 weeks post op. I'm sure it's helping. I'll have to sit this one out awhile before I can tell what's going on.
I remember those Sunday outings! That was the big thing for us, too, all piling in the car for an afternoon drive. My dad would take us into poor neighborhoods in a city sometimes so that we could see how other people lived. It sounds odd, but it broadened our outlook, gave us a different perspective on our lives.
 
Teacat Hi there and thanks for asking. Today I seemed to be a little better than yesterday. I'm just trying to go easy now, not do too much and see if this improves. That seems to be what's recommended. The 6 week post op xrays were fine, thankfully and the PA felt it was soft tissue pain. Hope she's right.
Well, I do feel there was a big emphasis from the in-home PT on getting mobile quickly and doing more and more, even though I had post op pain. My out-patient PT is better, takes it easier. You're probably lucky to have time to heal before you start PT. I wish now I had more time to let my body mend before it was stressed.
Hope you're doing well. How's the incision doing?
 
I remember those rides on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Me and my 4 siblings used to say "Daddy try and get us lost" he would do just that. We lived in the country but he would go even deeper in the country with rolling hills and farmland for miles. We just loved it! "THOSE WERE THE DAYS":thumb:
 
Liveringer Yes, those were the days, Archie! LOL I have many fond memories of 'way back when'. But even more of when my kids were little. Those were the days for me. Loved having the babies around. Lots of hard work, but it was the best. I always felt needed and loved, never felt lonely. I still have the big babies here, but it's not the same as when they really need you. Now they come and go, mostly go and are off doing their own thing- work, school, etc. Oh well. That's life...
 
whew ByGosh I have finally figured out how not to miss the fun! All these weeks I've been following my alerts, when I should have been following watched threads. So. I'm WAY behind on everybody!! :(
Couple years ago i was dx with "bursitis" not specified that i remember, and last Christmas time my PT used "laser therapy", cold laser, little hand held thingies that you put where it hurts and just let it do its thing. Can't feel anything, but abouit 7 treatments and the pain was very very much less, and as long as I stay off the treadmill, is mostly not there at all :) You could ask for that?
Yeah, I sorta mis the little babies days, but they were killer tired. I've never caught up! haha....
 
zauberflöte I don't believe my PT has laser treatments, but I'll ask. If it works, I'd like to try it.
As far as how to navigate everything and everyone here, I'm still figureing it all out. I try to bookmark who I'm communicting with, but there must be a better way. I try the watched threads, when I can remember how to get to them. I still find it hard to find people's threads, unless you know the title. But it gives me something to do at least!
 
ByGosh & zauberflöte A few days ago I started following members not sure if that is about even with watching the threads. But you are right has to be a better way!
 
ByGosh I hope you are feeling better with less pain soon. I haven't pushed myself at all since my second surgery. I spend a lot of time on the couch sleeping and icing. I walk around in the house. Yesterday is the first time I've left home and that was for my OS appt. I will set up my beginning PT for next week, that will give me 2 weeks of healing before I start stretching and moving muscles again. You mentioned the happier times was when the kids were young because now they are gone with their own lives....just want to let you know it's just me and my husband now too. It gets lonely and we miss not seeing them more often. I hope someday that changes but for now we have our pets to baby.
 
Poppet I believe I remember you mentioning Arnica Cream as a topical anti inflammatory. I'm sorry to say that I still have groin pain, even though I've been icing and resting. Just when I feel better and do anything, like walk up the block, do an errand, etc. it comes back. I intend to stop all activity now even if it feels ok. My OS mentioned soft tissue inflammation. I wanted to ask you if Arnica Cream would be safe to apply to the groin area (no open wounds) and if it can be used if I'm also on an oral anti inflammatory called Meloxican? I'd appreciate any information that you have about it. Thank you! :)
 
Hi ByGosh, I guess we're neighbors! I am between New Haven and Bridgeport!
I hope you have some relief from your pain soon. I cannot even begin to imagine having two hips done at once - wow! I am so impressed that you did that!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom