• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kim22

supremo
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@Littlejem I am also trying to lose the post-op weight...we can give up sweets together:heehee:

@Kim22 your tendonitis is worse than mine, or I am medicating harder than you are. I can't tell you the names, but it is all along the front of the groin. As I posted (on my own thread maybe?), when I went for PT at about 6 months, she beat up on my (anterior) scar to get rid of the adhesions, which she said were located exactly where they would cause tendonitis a few inches towards crotch. There is more than one spot, but she cleared everything up with massage-- even worked on the other side as a bonus!-- and all was well for several weeks. Then I upped my activity level drastically and it started coming back again. I expect it's with me to stay.
Where is yours-- do I remember psoas? Have you had that injection yet, and if so how is it working? I want for all of us to have our good lives back, you know? :)

@ByGosh thinking of you every single day-- we are making a mess of your porch but I promise we will clean up:snow plough: (couldn't resist the new smiley, we will plow your porch clear of crumbs!)
Hi @zauberflöte You are correct in thinking that I have psoas tendinitis diagnosed by ultrasound in January and I have waited 5 months for a cortisone injection for which I have just received an appointment for the 12th June.I had a course of physio which consisted of exercise only ( no massage ) and it certainly improved things but just like you I found that the pain returned when I increased activity levels by just getting on with my life.I also believe that it is something I will just have to live with now but I need to exercise to keep up the strength and flexibility in the hip.My left hip is also deteriorating which is not helping.I rarely take painkillers now just a couple of paracetamol when I have to and don't take anti inflammatories any more. I am generally ok when resting.I should also mention that I didn't have an anterior.
It is great having you back on here Chris and wouldn't it be wonderful if @ByGosh could visit us on her own porch which looks neat and tidy again thanks to your scooper dooper crumb blower.How are the preparations for your son's wedding going ? There is so much to do but a lovely occasion for your family.My son just bought his first home and moved in yesterday so as you will appreciate I am exhausted this evening.

zauberflöte

alpha
Country
United States United States
@Kim22 Will be thinking of you on the 12th! My only experience of cortisone injection was a little one in my shoulder last fall, which provided instant relief. My GP did it-- I closed my eyes when he walked in the room and he apologized for taking so long-- "had to look it up on Youtube" LOL. So when he came at me I said, "I'm not looking!",a nd he shot right back without missing a beat, "Neither am I!".....gotta love a physician with a true sense of humor.:snork:

Wedding prep-- I really only have to find something to wear (bit of a panic now, I've tried two things that didn't work out...) and throw the rehearsal party, which will be a very casual cookout in our back yard. I'm looking forward to all the fairy lights I plan to hang among the trees. Wish I had the $$$ to buy a million lights! Say-- does your keyboard have a "pound sterling" sign where mine has a dollar sign, above the numeral 4?

Kim22

supremo
Country
@zauberflöte I use an I Pad my £ sign is on the first page of .?123 and the $ sign is on the next page beside the € sign? Is it customary in the USA for the groom's parents to host a rehearsal party as I recall Sandybeach doing the same thing for her son last year ?

Littlejem

post-grad
Country
The £ sign is above the number 3 and the $ sign is above the number 4!!
Wedding celbrations, how lovely, I hope you get your outfit sorted soon!! I've also heard about these rehearsal meals hosted by the grooms parents, are they usually sometime during the week before the wedding? It's not a custom we have here but I think it's a great idea especially as the brides parents are usually expected to pay for the wedding and I have 2 daughters!!

zauberflöte

alpha
Country
@Kim22 @Littlejem Ha! I would have to go into settings to change keyboard software to get anything but the $! I'm working on a Chromebook, but the keyboard layout is nearly identical to a Windows-type keyboard.

Yes, it is customary for the groom's parents to do "The Rehearsal Dinner"-- which often means, dinner after the wedding party does their run-through-- in our case, the night before. It is customary to invite the wedding party, the immediate family, and any out-of-town guests who have already arrived. They have folks from Korea and Norway!! YOu can rent a restaurant or a country club but we are not made of money so we are serving burgers and hot dogs:heehee: at our house. It is also, so I learned from my son, customary for the groom's parents to pay for the honeymoon:shocked:so we gave a cash wedding present and they can do with it what they like. So very different from my own homegrown wedding LOL.

My favorite part of this groom's parents' duties is that the father of the groom has to construct the cake stand for a 4-tier cake plus many cupcakes. We are still in the process of clearing out the old house to sell it, so hubby had to make a special trip to gather his saws etc. This could be quite interesting-- he is an architect and spends a long time designing a thing of beauty and utility, when compared to his actual job which doesn't involve much in the way of beauty!

Janet, I think you want to encourage your daughters to have well-paying jobs and pay for their own weddings:wink:

anniemg

senior
Country
Wedding prep-- I really only have to find something to wear (bit of a panic now, I've tried two things that didn't work out...) and throw the rehearsal party, which will be a very casual cookout in our back yard.
Hi @zauberflöte, Nice to see you around again.
Sorry you still have your tennis ball butt going on, but join the club. My right side finally quieted down, but my left side is still acting up.
Hope you find your wedding wear soon....then you will be able to enjoy the rest of the wedding preps.
The cost of weddings is outrageous. I have 1 daughter who paid for her own wedding and 2 boys who live in sin. Next time around, I'm gonna live in sin!
Missing @ByGosh, and @SeaSiren too. Hope they have both gotten past the worst of it.
Take care.
Annie

zauberflöte

alpha
Country
@anniemg I really was going to get to you-- one person at a time will take forever, but I aim to do it LOL. I love that you still have the same avatar!
This boy who's getting married has lived in sin for I think 4 years now-- they've dated for TEN years, since they were high school juniors! Apparently one of the conditions for mariage was a decent job-- which he finally found a year ago, whew!
So glad you've got both hips out of the way. What do people do who never find BS?

@SeaSiren has been missing for a very long time since she fell, unless she came back for a visit while I was gone so long? I miss her too! I have another hip sistah, same date as me and SS, but it's awful-- I can't remember who! Will have to trawl my own thread to find her!

Peaches

graduate
Country
So nice to see @ByGosh's porch is open for business and squatting. Sure hope ByGosh is okay and knows how much we care and miss her. It's very good to see all the old avatars and people and happy for all of you who have done so well with your new hips, taking trips, seeing the world. Sorry for all those with unresolved issues and other joints that are making noises. It just goes to show that for many, replacing one joint is not necessarily the end of the story. Osteoarthritis is a beast. But thanks to the wildly wonderful, wacky (in a good way) community of Bonesmart, we have each other to learn from, commiserate, compare notes, whine, shine, and engage our virtual imaginations "to get us through the night." Sometimes I don't come on here and post because I think, well it's been a year and what could I possibly have to offer to the new folks." And I'm not doing anything interesting to report like trips. Just regular life stuff. But, to quote that dopey line from that movie ... "I just can't quit ya." Bonesmart is one of a kind. I think of all of you so often and wish you the best. And hope for the best for you.

My contribution to the porch is a batch of Cape Codders: vodka and cranberry juice. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Mom's girl
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom