Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.
ByGosh I am delighted that you have made the second luncheon and I hope you had or are having another nice day.It will be lovely spending time with your old friends and catching up

Which website did you order the Elmore oil from ? I decided to make my own according to Poppets recipe but would like to try the ready made one too.lets hope it helps our soft tissue inflammation

The caravan is situated on a Holiday Park known as Seafields and yes there are other caravans on the site.It is very well kept and has a lovely indoor pool, gym, spa and beauty centre as well as a coffee shop. Our caravan is situated next to a duck pond and we love sitting on the decking watching the wildlife especially the ducklings at this time of year.
 
Kim22 Thanks so much for the explanation. It sounds like loads of fun, but you're right-it might be too soon to swirl around, and possibly be knocked over by someone with a few too many beers. Hopefully you'll get another chance in the not too distant future.
Nylsor The trip sounds wonderful, and gives me hope that I can resume normal activities. Sorry about the pile of ironing!
ByGosh Thanks for not charging rent for your thread. Hope you made it to the second lunch. I am way behind reading threads as I had a two-hour PT session and then my annual eye-exam. Picture me stumbling home blinded by eye drops, and sore from PT. The sidewalk was dazzling in the blazing sun.
 
sqwerlie Yeah, the dreamy Canadian PT will chart about the loopy lady on the "funny farm"! Gee,
how is it that you get the hunky PT guy, and I had a woman PT come to my house? And then my out-patient PT was older than me, just about as tall as me (short), very serious, and married??!! You're lucking out with everything. You must have some how or other paid your dues with 7 kids, homeschooling them, being a nurse, and a generally great person! (although a little "sqwerlie") So you deserve it, and don't feel guilty.
I'm glad that things are going smoothly with you for your hip! And I hope your Mr. Hunky Canadian PT brings you some strawberries and cream, and you get to have a nice dessert with him. Like I said, the rest of us here could use a little spice in our lives. You can write your own novel "50 Shades of PT"! :heehee:
 
FANTABULOUS , awesome, bang-up, banner, crackerjack, dynamite, great, groovy, keen, marvelous, nifty, peachy, peachy keen, phat, sensational, superb and wonderful
Kylesh Thank you, merci, gracias, grazi, danke- that's the extent of my foreign language, but you get the picture. Great adjectives, by the way.
Nylsor Yay!:yay: I'm so happy for you and hubby. What a fantabulous, awesome, bang-up, banner, crackerjack, dynamite, great, groovy, keen, marvelous, nifty, peachy, peachy keen, phat, sensational, superb and wonderful holiday you had! (sorry for copy catting, I couldn't resist):)
You must be really happy that you were able to do that amount of exercise, every day. And to do it at a place you've been to before and love, and see the ocean, and be at the beach, pain-free! That's really just the way things should be for you, and I"m glad they are! Dressing up in your nice shoes and going out at night...I'll bet hubby was so pleased for you. Congratulations! It really gives me encouragement that maybe someday I'll be able to do that again. Thank you for posting it so we all could enjoy your achievements. Spain sounds beautiful, especially where you were. Nice and sunny and warm, exactly what you needed and deserved. Good for you!

Littlejem LeeApril26 sqwerlie Nylsor Kylesh Elosarabrab Kim22 zauberflöte Peaches TeeEm
and whoever else I so rudely missed - I was in alot of pain last night, unfortunately, after my 2 hrs. of sitting at the restaurant. So I rested and iced, took a pain pill and a shower, and went to bed with ice and a book. Today I wasn't as bad as I thought I'd be, thank goodness. I managed to 'swim' early, then had to take my dog to the vet because he was limping (now he's on Prednisone, must be sympathy pain), and I went to my other School Nurse's luncheon. It was at the house of one of the nurses, and it was very nice! I stayed about 2 hrs., tried to sit as much as I could, managed to talk to everyone, had a really good time re-connecting, and loved the food - all summer salads, fresh fruit salads, green salads, chicken salad, shrimp and rice salad, pasta salad - yummy, really.
Of course now I'm sore, but I took a pain pill on the way home, hoping the pain wouldn't hit me so hard like last night, so we'll see. Ice now, legs up, fan on (no A/C in the downstairs yet), but I'll be ok.
So, I'm glad I was able to go, glad this morning wasn't too bad, but wished I could do these activities, which aren't really very vigorous, without being hit with pain afterward. Hopefully, it won't last forever...and I'll be able to function more normally someday soon! I want to go back to my job in the fall.
 
LeeApril26 2 hours of PT, wow, that's going to help build up your legs nicely.
Littlejem Kim22 Elosarabrab Audball and any other UK friends. The Elmore cream came from the Elmore
oil website in the USA. It was broken link removed: https://www.elmoreoilusa.com.
But I just called them and the gentleman, named Gregor, said to go on this website if you're from the UK:
www.elmore-oil.com and here is his direct phone # if you want to call him 1-775-250-3030. He said he'll call you right back if it's too expensive for you to talk. But you can order the free sample on-line.
Good luck!
 
ByGosh Did you order the elmore oil? I bought some yesterday and tried it as soon as I got home I really feel so far that it does work. After my shower last night put some on my knees, some on my scar and massaged it really well and what was left on my hand rubbed over my fingers. 24 hours later everything still feels pretty good no achyness.
 
ByGosh what a day! Your poor puppydog (ok I do know he's not a youngster...) I am really convinced that for me, sitting in the wrong chair for even 2 minutes can set off chain reaction of undesirable aches and pains. So, for me, it need not be strenuous activity to cause pain. I really really hope that you won't have left-over pain tomorrow :)

And all that food! I'm imagining the groaning festive board, loaded with summer produce LOL. Glad you got to re-connect with everybody :)
 
ByGosh So happy you made it to the second luncheon, the pool, the vet. That's a busy day. Hope the ice helps.
Thanks for the elmore oil website. Will try to sign up for a sample.
I did not exercise for two hours. They apply heat for 15 minutes. I exercised for an hour, then about a half hour massage around the incision and range of motion stretches, then 15 minutes of ice. Tiring, but not two hours.:):)

Hope you are comfortable tomorrow, and that the ice has done its job!
 
ByGosh, you really had a busy day! So glad you made it to the second luncheon though and had a great time. Mr. Canadian PT did come this morning, alas, no strawberries and cream. He did escort me for a short walk outside though. Afterwards I retreated to my room and basked in the air conditioning for the rest of the day. Off to bed now :sleep:
 
ByGosh Thank you for the information on Elmore Oil.I will try to order a sample now.I made my own oil yesterday and have used it twice but I haven't noticed any difference yet but of course it is early days so I must give it a chance to work. I would be very interested in trying the ready made oil.Do you intend to continue with the Arnica ?

Your luncheon sounds really lovely but it was a very busy day for you so I hope you are having a good nights sleep and can rest today with ice.Us Brits get jealous when we hear about your heat wave as it is chilly and dull here again.A hot water bottle is more appropriate than ice at the moment.We always live in hope for the sun to make another appearance but we haven't seen much of it over the past few years.
I forgot to answer your question about the distance between our home and the caravan its about 60miles and takes us one and a half hours to get there.

zauberflöte I so agree with you about getting aches and pains from wrong chairs.I can no longer use our PC because after any more than 5 minutes my upper thighs really object and I am in agony when I get up.This started a while before my operation and my husband bought me an I Pad which has been my lifeline. It's probably a combination of the chair plus the action f leaning towards the screen and keyboard.
 
ByGosh I'm so glad you were able to get back out yesterday and what a busy day, I hope your pooch is ok. The lunch sounds like it went off well and the food sounds really yummy, good job you did the swimming in the morning to burn off a few calories beforehand!!
Thanks for the info on the Elmore Oil, I've been onto the site and ordered my free sample. The only problem I had was that the 'request for free sample' form insists you enter a State and of course I'm in the UK so I put my request in on their contact form, hope it works! Liveringer it's interesting to hear you have used it in lots of areas and are impressed with it, looks like they might be going to get a lot of business from us!! I tried Poppets own recipe last night and I'd have to say I do feel better my back hasn't been aching as much and I slept much better last night!
 
Littlejem I have had the same problem re entering a US state so have done the same thing as you. It's great news about your back I tried Poppets recipe oil last night and again this morning and the jury is still out.You are right this site could be the company's international marketing dream.
 
ByGosh I'm so pleased you had such a happy time with your friends and the luncheon sounds just wonderful. The kind of food I love - moreish! Do you use that term in the US? Means you want more! Poor doggie. I think I'll have to take one of my old cats, Ollie, to the vets as he has all the signs of arthritis. I watched him settle on the bottom of our bed this morning and he did so very slowly and very carefully and he also limps now and again - I know just how he feels. We have two cats, the other one's called Whiskey, litter brothers, and they'll be 18 years in August. Both on bonus time now and when we go away I pay a lady to come in and look after them - she's done this for 12 years since our daughter stopped living at home. I'll be heartbroken when it's time for them to go:cry: This THR is a funny old thing to recover from. I felt so good on holiday but yesterday I felt really grim by the evening. My back ached, my THR leg felt like lead and I generally felt very much below par. I think it was the result of all the travelling and doing the laundry yesterday. I didn't manage to finish the ironing so I'll have another go at that today as I don't feel too bad right now. I've got to apply for our ESTA forms today as we need them when we enter Alaska in September. They're the travel authorisation forms you need to enter the US. They used to be free but not anymore. Never mind. At least I'm able to travel and that's a blessing in itself. We ought to have a fantasy lunch - all the regulars on your thread ByGosh. We could decide where to have the lunch and what food we'd each bring. You never know - it might become reality one day :flwrysmile: Ros x
 
The only problem I had was that the 'request for free sample' form insists you enter a State and of course I'm in the UK so I put my request in on their contact form
I never thought of doing that. I emailed them instead to ask how to get the sample.
ByGosh I am glad you managed to get out and meet up with your friends. It is good for you despite the aches and pains afterwards. Hope your dog is Ok. I think we worry about our pets as much as our kids.
 
Liveringer Hi there! Good to hear from you and I'm really glad to hear that the Elmore Oil worked for you! I did order the free sample and can't wait to try it! The man on the phone from Elmore said they have a lot of stores that sell it in upstate NY, but none in Conn. You found a store, didn't you?
How have you been? Are you out of work now for the summer? Planning to horseshoe anytime soon?

LeeApril26 Your PT actually sounds soothing with the heat and massage and ice. You must feel better when your finished - loosened up? My PT would take an hour and a half, but some of that was spent waiting for him to go tend to other patients, in between seeing me. I hope we get our Elmore Oil soon, I can't wait to try it. How is your new and lovely haircut?

sqwerlie I'm glad you have your bedroom A/C installed now. I finally got the big downstairs one put in last night, so it's up and running today, which is another hot and humid day, although not so bad as it's been. I don't like feeling hot and sticky.
By the way tell your Canadian PT we say hello! :)

zauberflöte and everyone - I'm so glad I got to see my school nurse friends, but I'm hurting alot today, unfortunately. I didn't do much, some standing, mostly sitting, but I guess it was more than usual. How am I ever going to go back to work at the end of August???? I'll be very disappointed if I have to give up my job!:sad:

Littlejem I'm really glad you slept better last night, and if it's the new oil you've made, that's great! Anything that helps sounds good to me. You definately need your sleep, otherwise you can feel like you're dragging the next day, and that's not good with post-op healing and energy drain on top of it! Didn't Poppet use heat after she applied the oil and felt it worked really good? I forget whose thread she was on - maybe zauberflöte 's?

Kim22 Elosarabrab Littlejem I hope you get your free sample in the mail! The gentleman on the phone sounded very accommodating (and no, he wasn't Canadian - sounded more like British, or Aussie - I couldn't tell, but probably Aussie because that's where the company is located, although this fellow was in the states.)
The actual Elmore is quite pricey. It's on Facebook if anyone is interested. If it works, I'm ordering it.

Kim22 I can't seem to tolerate a lot of actual sitting. It's the hip flexion that hurts me. Gee, I can't sit much, can't walk far, can't stand for long --- yikes! I'll have to find a job where I can lay down with ice!
Maybe I'll look for a job in the grocery store cooler, putting yogurt on the shelf! No, too much turning probably!
 
Hi ByGosh I have just had an E mail from Gregor and he is going to send me a sample so thank you. He also mentioned that they have amended the application form to include the UK and Canada.I have used my homemade oil and it seems to help a little but the effects don't last so it will be interesting to compare the sample with my oil and if its better I will splash out the £30 + as it would be worth it.The homemade oil is very economical and easy to make.

I am sorry you are hurting today but hopefully after a good rest today with the ice you will feel better tomorrow I think that is how the recovery seems to work.I use heat on the legs after I have massaged the oil as Poppet recommended. The heat will probably help the oil to be absorbed.

Most of the people I have spoken to seemed to have had good outcomes from their THRs and I don't like it when people imply that I should be no longer having pain.I think a lot of the people who have had the op are older than we are and have lower expectations so they are delighted to be able to walk to the shops without pain for example.The younger ones like us want to be a lot more active which is why we had the surgery in the first place.I really hope that you get back to work for the start of the new term.When were you last at work ? Do you still have PT ?
 
ByGosh. Sorry you are hurting today. Hopefully you will continue to Improve and be much better by August. Any luck with a prescription for the TENS machine? Will your job make some accommodations if you are still having some pain?
I ordered the free sample. Hope it helps my knees some. The massage at PT is really deep and not especially pleasant while it's happening, but when she's done, my leg feels great. She has recently started massaging the front of the leg, mid-thigh, and she releases something that I didn't even know was tight. Makes walking easier.
I am very pleased to have had a haircut-kind of short and choppy. Stopped in Marshall's afterward and they has the Easy Spirit slides that I think Peaches mentioned, and I bought a pair in beige. Have to stop buying shoes. The big news is that I took the subway into Manhattan. I stood on the corner where I usually can hail a taxi and there were no empty ones, so after ten minutes walked to the station and took the train. It wasn't bad as it was not rush hour. I was tired after the haircut and shopping, so took a taxi home. Don't think I could have done the subway both ways. Now sore and icing. Tomorrow should be interesting.
 
Nylsor We don't use the term moreish in the US, but I really like it. It's very descriptive and would be a compliment to the chef. That food yesterday was definatley moreish - I got to take some home, as the hostess can't eat shrimp. So I brought the shrimp and orzo salad back and fed it to my husband and son. They loved it. They wanted moreish!

It's too bad you became sore and tired after your lovely vacation. You're probably right about it being the traveling and then doing laundry. I'm glad you feel better today, but hope you don't overdo it. I use a chair when I iron, and I lower the ironing board, so I don't have to stand. It doesn't give me as good leverage to press out the wrinkles, but good enough! Not much ironing now a days, anyway. My hubby will do his own work shirts, thank goodness, and the kids wear things that don't usually need ironing. I iron any of my clothes that get at all wrinkled, especially if I'm working. When we were children, almost everything was ironed. My mother even did all of the pillowcases! That must have been from the day when bed linens were really linen material and used to get very wrinkley.

Your old kitties probably do have arthritis. Do cats typically live til 18? That's a nice long time to have a pet be a part of your family. I noticed some time ago that my oldest 16 1/2 year old dog was walking sort of like me - like her hips hurt! So I brought her to the vet and he put her on a dog antiflammatory. I think it helps her. I also dread the day when her time comes.:sad: I keep praying it isn't until I can better deal with it. I get upset when something happens to the dogs because I worry that I can't physically deal with it. I was very relieved that I could bring mine to the vet yesterday!
 
The actual Elmore is quite pricey.​
I paid $16.99 (pricey) for a 50m roll on bottle. I still feel it is this product that is working and worth the money all day long in my opinion.

The man on the phone from Elmore said they have a lot of stores that sell it in upstate NY, but none in Conn. You found a store, didn't you? How have you been? Are you out of work now for the summer? Planning to horseshoe anytime soon?​
ByGosh Yes I found it at a health food store not far from me. I have been pretty good will update my milestone for the day on my thread shortly. Yes first week out of work, I don't miss the hot kitchen but miss working. In fact, next weekend July 6th, will be my first tournament it is a Pro Tour event not as many horseshoes will be thrown as in a regular tournament but that is alright just starting back at tournaments. I'm excited about pitching in it.

I am glad you had a great outting with you nursing friends but sorry to hear you are paying for it. Hopefully one day soon that will pass for you.
 
Kim22 I find it very interesting that you received an email from Gregor.:) He was very nice and eager to help on the phone, and even gave his personal phone #. I told him there were many joint patients who were very interested in the oil and no doubt he'd get a lot of business from us. That seemed to make him happy.

looks like they might be going to get a lot of business from us!!
It does seem that way Littlejem! Maybe Gregor will get a promotion!

Kim22 I understand what you say about people expecting you to no longer have pain. I haven't seemed to encounter that too much, maybe because the women were all nurses and I haven't really been out and about that much. I said that I have a soft tissue inflammation. I tried to explain that maybe it was the type of surgery I had (anterior, minimally invasive, small incision) where the muscles weren't cut but were stretched, and it probably injured the tissues or something. They appeared to understand.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom