Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ummmm..... Thanks, Kim 22! I cooked in the following fashion (which I recommend!!)
1) take cell phone out of pocket during rehearsal and find speed dial for pizza place.
2) Dial, place order, and be happy that Husband will pick up the order, set the table, etc.
3) Enter home with guests and uncork wine.
4) Serve ice cream bars for dessert! :egypdance:

Audball... no fair at all!
 
@ Audball Ohhhh your husband's a fresh one! (You must make a good pair. :heehee: LOL) Now what if you got that TENS machine out and put it on him someplace that would jiggle?? Not sayin' where, just sayin'.....How would he like it? I bet he wouldn't! :) Just tell him "no pain, no gain"! LOL

Songlady You are too funny. Thank you for that tutorial on cooking dinner for company. I loved it. Now all I have to do is find the pizza place's number and put it on speed dial..I believe the wine is already uncorked..:)
 
ByGosh I too am glad that you are even a little better, and I hope if I get in your situation I can keep even half your poise and equanimity :) I want so much for you to be all better Right Now, you know?
Audball yes, Mr Himself needs paybacks... just sayin'....
Songlady that's a great way to entertain! I'm sure it included paper plates and napkins and cups too:heehee:
 
Hi ByGosh,Kim22,Elosarabrab,LeeApril26 - I also got an e-mail from Gregor at Elmore Oil. I told them that Elmore Oil was being favourably discussed on the Bone Smart site so maybe we'll get a big, free bottle each to thank us for all the publicity. When I looked for it on the net I saw that it was sold on Amazon then found out that the postage (£23.00) was as much as the oil! I spent all day yesterday at my husband's allotment. I knelt on my little stool contraption to do the weeding and to plant seeds but boy, am I stiff today. All muscular I'm sure but I slept like a log last night. At last, we have a warm, sunny day in the UK. Lots of reports here re the heatwave in the US. It's either all or nothing. ByGosh I really smiled when you said about the orzo and shrimp salad. I've seen Ina Garten make that lots of times on the Food Network channel here in the UK. I love Ina. I also love where she lives, her house, kitchen, garden and convertible BMW! Her husband Jeffrey is very nice too. Seriously, I really do love her programmes to the extent my husband says, 'Oh no, not Ina again. How many more times are you going to watch her make chocolate brownies.' Only thing is she seems to put half a salt mine in her recipes and I can never work out the measurements as they are totally different to the UK. And what is 'all purpose flour'? We have plain flour (no raising agent added) and self-raising-flour. Anyway, I'm off to sit in the garden with the two old cats. :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: x Ros
 
Nylsor. I am not an expert, but All Purpose Flour is for general baking-bread, biscuits, cookies. The other is Cake flour, which is finer. I have heard of self-rising, but never used it. I think there are more experienced bakers who will chime in. Ina Garten's recipes seem delicious, but since my husband has had a heart attack I adapt all recipes to make them healthier. But, all that butter and salt sure look tasty.

I was weeding yesterday, too, but foolishly bent from the waist. The muscles on my outer thighs are screaming? Why did I buy that kneeler/seat if I wasn't going to use it????
 
Dear, wonderful ByGosh ... I am behind in posting, but think of you and hoped you got to go to your nursing luncheons and it sounds like you did. It wasn't pain-free, but worth it, I take it? In the words of wonderful zauberflöte:

I too am glad that you are even a little better, and I hope if I get in your situation I can keep even half your poise and equanimity :) I want so much for you to be all better Right Now, you know?

I echo this a thousand times!
 
Purchased my Elmore Oil yesterday at a little health shop in Kittery, Maine... tried it last night - quite nice and soothing! It was $16.50 + tax... I'm sure they would ship it very reasonably? Or I could have Sweet-T pick some up and mail you a bottle ... ByGosh (or anyone) send me a private msg if you want & we can arrange it!

Had to share this great cuppa capucchino that was served at a cafe here in NH! So cute - wouldn't want to drink!
[Bonesmart.org] ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral
    kitty-foam.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 112
SeaSiren Nylsor LeeApril26 zauberflöte Peaches Awww That cuppa is adorable! I wouldn't blame the customer for not wanting to drink it. How clever of them, and very artistic. I bet it keeps customers coming back just to see what they'd do next. Even the fishies are cute. :)
And so very nice of you to offer to mail people the Elmore Oil SeaSiren but you'd have to pay for the shipping, too. Maybe Gregor from the company would give us a break on the postage, if we all mention BoneSmart in our orders. I spoke to him Fri. and he is originally from Aussie, and owns the US company, and is very keen on expanding. The company in Australia is now owned by the son of the inventor.
I meantioned a few stores in Conn., especially near me, that I'd like him to try to get the product into and he seemed interested. I think gyms would be a great place and also health food and GNC stores. I do feel that the name of the oil needs to be changed - it just doesn't say anything to me. Something trendier (although I'm not really a trendy person - I still own a stupidphone, as zauberflöte calls it ) But a name that would 'catch' people. SmartOil or OilSmart (after BoneSmart) copyright violation? Nah, that's not so clever. Peaches You're the clever inventor - how about a new name for Elmore Oil that's in keeping with the times? EOil? (like email?) It has part of the original name.....

Nylsor Is allotment a garden plot that you have the right to use someplace? It seems like you did a lot of work there. I'm sure that wonderful hubby of yours highly appreciated it. And he'd probably massage whatever hurt, too!

I don't get the FoodNetwook on my TV channels, because we have the most basic cable service. I do really enjoy those types of shows, though. Did you see the movie Julie and Julia, with Meryl Streep and Amy Adams? It's about Julia Childs and I enjoyed it. I love Meryl Streep and Amy Adams, too. It was all about cooking and then writing about it on a blog. You'll get hungry, though, just warning you...:)
You're right about half a salt mine in the foods Nylsor and LeeApril26 -- butter, too! I couldn't eat that kind of cooking - of course everyone would love it, because it would taste so good!


At the nurse's party last week, someone brought cannoli chips that she bought at the supermarket, and her own homemake filling. I thought that was brilliant. So I got the filling recipe, had GoshHubby get some mini cannoli shells, and I made the filling - yummy, and so easy. I picked the very easy filling recipe with just ricotta, vanilla and powdered sugar with mini chocolate chips- no heavy cream - and it was quite good enough!

Thank you so much for your kind words zauberflöte and Peaches ! I wish I was all better right now, too! It's been too long, I'm tired of it, I want my life back, I'm getting anxious because work is less than 2 months away...etc,etc,etc.... I had a bad night Friday, most likely from my luncheons, as I hurt after each one, worse after the second in a row, and doing 1 errand of bringing my pooch to the vet, so I rested yesterday. I have to get to the bottom of this, and I'm hoping there is a bottom - or a light at the end of the tunnel!

zauberflöte Nice artsy avatar, there! Very colorful! Goes perfectly with your musical and I assume artsy nature - right brain, I learned from Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor's book.
Peaches Yours is very cute, too - very "in" and retro.
SeaSiren ! Yours is perfect for you, because you're blonde, too. I love it.
 
ByGosh. I could not find cannoli cylinders pre made so I used sugar cones. pretty good, and very easy.

I am exhausted from hosting a party for 67 people today, at a restaurant-an East Coast party for family that couldn't attend my son's wedding. Stood up greeting people and visiting for way too long.. My so called good hip is really sore. Feeling like I will be doing this again soon. I hope the Elmore oil arrives soon. You are so right about the name. I was wondering if Elmore is their last name? It is so nondescript.

I loved the Julia Child movie. Loved Meryl Streep and Amy Adams in it. Also really liked JC's cook books. The good old days when I cooked with butter!
 
ByGosh and LeeApril26 first off, what are cannoli cylinders and sugar cones, they sound very interesting?? I agree bygosh that you need to get to the bottom of what your problem is and how to fix it, no one has really given you a definite answer have they, it's been 'well we think it may be this' and what you now need is facts! After all you've been through you want or no actually 'need' to now be well and 'fit for purpose' isn't that what they say about goods you have bought, that they should be 'fit for purpose' or you can get a refund!! :heehee: Well you don't want the refund, you want the goods, whose purpose are to make you fit!! Where are you with the situation and what happens next? Take care x
 
Hi ByGosh - yes, an allotment is a plot of land that you don't own (ever) but that you pay a small annual rent to cultivate. Retired / unemployed people usually pay what is known as a concession rent - my husband pays about £40 per year. The allotments come in different sizes and the rents vary according to the size. The plots of land are usually owned by the local council / authority in the area in which you live and are on what is known as an allotment site. They are extremely popular here in the UK and there is usually a waiting list to get one. They cannot be used by commercial growers or for personal financial gain. My husband has had one for three years and his allotment measures 40 yards long by 7 yards wide. He / we grow potatoes, beetroot, white and red onions, shallots, spring onions ( Ina calls them scallions), garlic, french beans, broad beans, runner beans, courgettes, rhubarb, strawberries ( in season right now and we have a glut of them - I made 6 pounds of strawberry jam last week and we are currently eating them at every meal and giving them away to our neighbours) raspberries, leeks, cabbages, brussel sprouts (not very successfully) ditto with cauliflowers, three or four different varieties of lettuce, swede, purple sprouting broccolli, spinach, carrots and parsnips. Not all at once obviously, but each in their season. Last year we had a glut of courgettes and I made about thirty jars of chutney and also pickled the same amount of jars of beetroot. We give most of it away and also lots of the fresh veg / salad stuff as we would never eat it all. Allotment sites are very sociable places as gardeners usually chat to each other, exchange seeds and usually share produce. They also keep you healthy as lots of manual labour is involved. They also make you very stiff if you have just had a THR as you use muscles that you haven't used for a long time! But we love to spend time at the allotment. We take a picnic with us and have a happy, productive time. I think I just overdid it on Saturday. And yes, I did see Julie and Julia. I love all Meryl Streep's movies.
I'm so sorry you're still in pain ByGosh but I really don't know how you have coped with bilateral THR's. You're a very brave woman and I pray that you will soon experience great improvement. I seemed to come to a complete halt some weeks ago but have picked up again recently. I still feel as if I'm sitting on a brick and hubby has to give me a massage now and again. Our daughter is a qualified vet ( although she changed professions so we still have to pay big vet bills) and she has given me long and detailed reasons why all this pain occurs - the cutting of muscles, bruising of nerves, etc. Doesn't help with pain though. Never mind - onwards and upwards :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: x Ros
 
ByGosh I've been lazy on here the pst few days, but I just saw your post someplace else about how you were doing badly, perhaps as a result of the two luncheons. I echo everything Littlejem said in her "fit for purpose" post. Is there anybody you need smacked upside the head with my cane? Health care professionals should be tripping over themselves trying to get this sorted out. As I said before, All Better Right Now is what I wish for you :)
 
Littlejem. What I meant by cannoli cylinders are the pre made crispy shells that you stuff with filling. Sugar cones are hard, crispy dark brown ice cream cones with pointy bottoms.

Nylsor. In NYC we have community gardens. We had one before our son moved to LA, and we grew lots of vegetables and raspberries. He biked over frequently to water it, and my daughter and I did the planting and weeding. We paid a small fee, but it was about ten miles away, near the shore. Really nice though.
 
ByGosh -- so sorry that the luncheons wiped you out. I sure wish they would find an answer for you soon. I just returned from my OS because of the on going knee issue. I have been told by the PT that is was an IT issue. The OS thinks I have just stained the knee because of relearning to walk without favoring the hip. He gave me a steroid shot in the knee to make it more comfortable to work it out. If it works, I don't need to see him for a year. So here's hoping he has a nice new year before I see him again.
 
They look really yummy, I thought at first they were like a shortbread dough but then I noticed that they're fried, I've not seen anything like them before, don't think we have them here.........or maybe I've missed them!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom