Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.
ByGosh I hope you are having a lovely day for your youngest daughters graduation.You must be so proud of her.Does this mean that she is off to university/ college / in the autumn ? I am so glad that your husbands back is improving now.I really hope that your hip (especially the groin) behaves well for you today and that the weather is good.
 
ByGosh. Read your post at Peaches thread. I'm so glad that the graduation went well and that you are not wiped out. That's great. You may have to prop up Goshette after all the parties, and the lack of sleep at Disney. Will she be around for the summer? It's such a poignant age. Enjoy the sunshine.
 
Hello Poppet If you can find any clues to my ongoing bilateral groin pain, I'm all ears.

Kim22 LeeApril26 Songlady Littlejem zauberflöte octopus and whoever else happens by - The weather was perfect for my 18 year old daughter's outdoor High School graduation last night! It was wonderful, and a lovely time. I took many, many nice pictures, and my daughter was beautiful and beaming. It was fine, I sat alot, and everything went well. We'll be having a nice family day tomorrow in honor of Father's Day and her graduation. The children are treating their Dad to his "favorite" meal - pizza! :) (He's easy to please.) So we ordered from one of his and New Haven's all time favorite, famous places. It'll be a nice, simple, relaxed, informal day - just right after all of the hub-bub of her graduation parties and sleep-overs, my husband's NYC trip and bad back, my son's busy end of school year/starting a summer job schedule, my other daughter's busy work schedule, and my on-going hip saga. Just relaxing. I ordered a scrumptious cake, which I'll try to post a picture of. We love it and it's delicious.
So thank you all for the well-wishes for graduation. It was just great. Happy Father's Day to any of those hubbies out there who are so wonderful to their wives during all of our THR recoveries.
More later...
Oh by the way alexthecat I'm all for a new title to my thread. ONE WEEK POST-OP was a long time ago. Maybe something along the lines of ByGosh Two For One... or ByGosh's Doubles...or....I don't know. Maybe someone will come along with something clever-er...
 
Oh ByGosh, I wish I could honey, I have put mine down to soft tissue slow healing, but I also think that lack of exercise, especially my NordicWalking.. I miss it very much.. We are hoping to have a little walk today when it warms up.

But had a bad night, so am still hanging around in bed, but must get up and have some brekkie:)
 
Oh, ByGosh, last evening was SO wonderful except that in Stratford we had a few showers! I am so glad they missed you!!! And... I need to know.... I am a Pepe's fan, my brother swears by Sally's, and my mother loves Modern. (Mom grew up right near that neighborhood, and actually, my parents lived at her dad's home when I was born, so I'm a native of New Haven!) Since you are getting cake, I guess no Libby's for you for dessert......!
I am so glad you got through the graduation without damage!! I have been thinking of two sets of folks today: you and the graduation, and the folks in my town at the dedication at the new Sandy/Sandy Hook memorial playground.
 
ByGosh Your graduation/Father's Day celebration sounds lovely. We should have sunshine for most of the day. Hope your husband's back is improving. Will look forward to a photo of the cake.
Poppet Hope your day is better than last night.
 
[Bonesmart.org] ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral
Let's see if the cake uploads as good as it tastes... Ta da! It worked, but looks better in person. Tastes better, too!:)

Songlady Well, it's Modern for us! We think it's the best New Haven pizza, except for Bar, which is scrumptious but so thin, you'd have to eat a whole one yourself. Have you ever had their mashed potato and bacon pizza from Bar? Really delicious.
Thanks for your thoughts about us, how sweet you are!
There were people from your area who went to the Sandy/Sandy Hook Memorial playground dedication in Westport? What a good thing to do. They plan on building 26 of them in NY, NJ, and Conn. for the Hurricane Sandy diaster and the Sandy Hook tragedy. Very good way to memorialize the events, especially for the children.
LeeApril26 I'm glad tomorrow will be mostly sunshine. And yes, his back is improving, but he went swimming last week, first time since it started, and it re-activated it a little bit. I totally understand with how that can happen. He must twist somehow when he turns to take a breath, and it aggravates his back. So no more swimming until it's completely gone. But it is much better, thanks for asking. As I hope yours is soon, too.
Poppet - I'm so sorry you had a bad night. I hope you get better sleep tonight and feel perkier tomorrow. My OS feels my pain is soft tissue inflammation, and will get better. I started taking the Prednisone that he prescribed to see if it will improve. I'm desperate at this point - nearly 15 weeks.
 
ByGosh I'm so glad all went well for the lovely Goshette's graduation. Sleepover, parties, she's responsible for herself on those LOL. And yes, your Father's Day sounds great! I usually make a chocolate cake, but it seems I can't get up the oomph to do it.
Poppet it's noon by you, I hope your night has retreated and you're doing better :):friends:
 
ByGosh, "My OS feels my pain is soft tissue inflammation, .. this is exactly what I think mine is, but here I am at 19 months and still getting it.. although to qualify that, it is about once a week now.. So yes, I think it will take time.. and hopefully for both of us, will recede!

zauberflöte, managed to get about six hours sleep, long phone call with a friend, late brunch, now multi tasking watching a movie, washing on, dishes in the dish washer, and checking on my peeps :) - then hubby has promised me a full body Effleurage massage.. No thereapeutic, no remedial... Just, a technique in massage in which long, light, or firm strokes are used, usually over soft tissue ... for me it will be light, I have to keep reminding hubby... Remember our baby massage unit... That's the state of my soft tissue!

This might be an alternative option for you zauberflöte ??
 
Poppet That massage sounds heavenly. It must make you feel heavenly, too, don't you think zauberblote?

And zauberflöte No one can blame you for not having the oomph to bake a cake. You're only 3 weeks post-op, you should be resting rather than on your feet in the kitchen. The cake has plenty of time to get baked. Mr. ZB will understand, I know he will.
 
ByGosh I'm so glad the graduation went well and that you were feeling good and able to enjoy it. It's such an important thing in their life and it would have been horrible for you if you'd not been able to relax and and enjoy it and even worse not been there. The cake looks wonderful, she's a very lucky girl. :)
 
ByGosh, all this talk of pizza and cake is making me hungry! Oh well, too late, I'm in bed.

Poppet, the massage sounds lovely, you are so spoilt, but you deserve it. Now where can I find a man like that? A friend and I have booked a massage and a facial in a couple of weeks time. I'm hoping they have good heating!
 
Hello, ByGosh! What a luscious cake! (FYI: Paige is one of my favorite names.) How nice of you to share it with us. I am so glad you got to attend your daughter's graduation day. You sound so up and happy. Sounds like a perfect, perfect day. And am glad Mr.Gosh is able to get in the water. (I still cringe when I think of how horrible his visit to my city was.) I have only been to New Haven one time, years and years ago, but had probably the best slice I've ever had in a little place right near the campus. Anyway ... I'm very happy you and your family had such a glorious day. Here is to a wonderful Father's Day for Mr.BG (and all BoneSmartonian fathers) today!
 
Hi ByGosh The cake is gorgeous and sounds delicious.I am so glad that you all had such a wonderful Graduation day and that your hip behaved itself Have a great Fathers Day too and enjoy the cake and the pizzas
 
don't you think zauberblote?
Oh that's me all right ByGosh:rotfl: :rotfl: Bloted [sic] Flute:rotfl: And, I don't know HOW i missed the cake pic, but I hope you saved a piece for ZauberGosh!

ust, a technique in massage in which long, light, or firm strokes are used, usually over soft tissue ... for me it will be light, I have to keep reminding hubby... Remember our baby massage unit... That's the state of my soft tissue! This might be an alternative option for you zauberflöte ??
@Poppet mmmm I hope you relaxed 1,000%! This sounds very like petting a cat-- is that right? It might be just the ticket! It's not something I've ever considered (out of ignorance). What I do know feels really good is deep massage, almost digging into the places it hurts. The one massage therapist I ever used would NOT do this, or didn't know what I meant. She sort of played pattycake all over me, gentle and civilized, when I was craving for somebody else to wreck their hands going deep LOL. I may be describing trigger point release-- have had some of that and it felt soooo good!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom