Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your good wishes glynis, sorry to see you go but glad you are doing so well and have no longer any need for us, in a nice, really good way of course!! :) Enjoy your trip, sounds like it's going to be a good one x:friends:
 
Awwww glynis What a wonderfully sweet but very sad goodbye.....and you do have lots to contribute, by the way. But, I'm so happy that you will be seeing your good friend, and carrying on with your life of travel hither and yon. We will all miss your fun and unique way of looking at the world.
Please do poke your head in and visit us anytime, no matter how brief. I'd love to hear of your travels, or anything else you've got to say.
Goodbye, dear glynis, thank you for all of your contributions. I hope that you have lots of good times, and then some for me, too!
 
Hello my lovely bi-hip buddy ByGosh... sorry I've been among the missing - it's good to be back :SUNsmile: been catching up on your progress with the pool... I'm still a good 3 weeks before they'll let me do any water therapy... I got some good tips from you... hope you're feeling good today! It's a lot to catch up on here when you've been gone awhile!!! Busy place :rolleyes:
 
Hi Songlady, my fellow Conn- dweller. Thank you for asking about my appt. hon. Well, the OS visit was this week, but unfortunately it was cancelled, for some reason that wasn't explained to me. I'm waiting for a reschedule date at the moment. I was feeling a little better and very encouraged that I could go to the pool again. I probably need to figure out a schedule for the pool that is enough but not too much, as today I felt that old nagging groin stuff creeping back. I went too many days in 1 week, I think. It's simply because I felt better after I swam, and I'm tired of not doing anything! So I'll just rest for a day or two, and see how I feel and then go less frequently.
I'll keep you posted on all of that.
Oh, and SongGirl returned from her Disney trip, soooo exhausted, but she had a great time! They got very little sleep, because there was just too much to do. 4 teenage girls to a room, the parks are open til all hours, their curfew check-in was 1am (a little late, I think..) so of course, they were out and about nearly every minute of every day. She said that "Disney is not the place to go for a relaxing vacation - there's just too much to do!" She met the Disney princesses, which was fun, since she loves them just like every other girl, and she went on lots of rides, including Thunder Mountain, and another big roller coaster that once she was on, realized she wanted to get off! Ooops, too late for that! But she did fine. And loved every minute of it.
Tonight they're having the Big Green Pizza Truck for Senior dinner. Then it's graduation on Friday! So I am resting up for sure, as I will definately not miss that! She's my last to go and my heart is bursting with pride, but breaking a little bit, too. You know what I mean.
How are you and your family? How's your Mom? I'll drop by your thread for a visit soon.

SeaSiren So glad your back. I posted over at your place. Don't disappear on us again, OK? I was worried about my bilateral sister, so I'm happy you're ok.
 
ByGosh, the whole challenge right now for any of us is "how to do ourselves some good without doing too much" - each of us at different levels, but I'm sure the question is the same! And that level of "too much" seems to move, for me, with how well I've slept the night before, what I've done in the previous 48 hours, oh, I don't know, how brightly the sun is shining, whether the peonies are blooming, whether I've had jam on my toast, what my horoscope has been, whether the morning paper has come on time....:loll:
Oh, goodness, I remember that sense of a mixture of sweetness, pride, nostalgia and sadness of the end of the kids' Senior years! Precious days for you!
 
Thanks soooo much for your wonderful post over at my thread ByGosh:SUNsmile:... Fun reading about your daughter's Disney trip... and your last dove is graduating... ahhh bittersweetness.
As for the TENS... I was prescibed one in December following a car accident - whiplash :boohoo:. I basically think of it as a non-narcotic pain reliever... You can buy one online for about $50 - your OS could likely prescribe it -- or a PT. Mine is called EMPI Select TENS. I've seen several types and most have settings specific for body parts as well as settings for 'continuous', modulate' etc... I play around and experiment and found the setting for shoulder works best on my hips!?? There's no side effects or risk of hurting yourself... there is precaution for heart issues. The intent is tricking/confusing your brain to sidestep nerve pain at least temporarily. I'd love to think it would really help you! Also there's good charts for settings/positioning online. You should go for it! Wouldnt be surprised if there is a return policy if you don't like it???... OK I'm off for my big climb up the stairs to zzzz-land :zzz:. Get lots of rest so you can celebrate the graduation Fri!!
 
Hi, ByGosh ... oh, yes, do rest up for the big graduation on Friday! Can't wait to hear all about it. Am sorry to hear that maybe the swimming was done a little too frequently, but now that you know that, you can modify it. I know you must be chomping at the bit for your appointment with the new (second opinion?) OS about that blankety blank groin pains! And how is your hub's back doing since his horrible NYC trip?
I have been meaning to ask you to remind me ... are you a former nurse? Did I read that somewhere or am I dreaming it???
Take care ...
 
Thanks SeaSiren And thanks for your response here - I really appreciate the information on the TENS! I'll look yours up on the i-net and see if they have it. TennisNut's cost $300, so I guess there's a wide range in pricing. Gee, I wonder if I need a prescription for it? I think I'll call my ins. co. and see if it may be covered, or partly. (Doubt it)
Well, honey child, get a good night's sleep. You need all the rest you can get, because your body is busy healing and growing new attachments to those million dollar hips of yours (and I don't just mean emotional attachments, although that happens, too, I hear, especially since you named yours.) :)

Songlady hahaha Oh, how right you are. There seems to be some kind of a puzzle with this hip activity thing that I don't have all of the pieces to - yet. But I think I may be having more days that are on the better side, than on the worse side, little little little, slowly slowly slowly, hardly noticeable, but sometimes a bit better, fingers crosssed.
 
More good days than bad ones, ByGosh?? That's a great thing! That reminds me .... this coworker of mine years ago told me (when I was complaining but conflicted about a job ... one day wanting to quit, the next day not) to keep a simple journal and note every day if it was a good day at work or a really bad day. Then I could go back over a p eriod of time and add up the goods and the bads and see the trend. I was thinking that would help us here, too.
 
Hello dear Peaches Thanks for asking about my husband, how considerate you are - his back is improving, very slowly, but at least it's not getting worse. Still not 100%, but he thinks it'll get there.
And the Graduation! It's usually about 2-3 hrs. long - I'm a bit nervous about sitting there for that length of time, especially in the evening, when I'm not as good as in the morning. But I'll sit where I can get up and walk, maybe bring some ice, and secretly use it somewhere, I don't know, I'll think of something. It's the guest speakers that take up so much time. I really just want to see the kids get their diplomas this year - I don't have as much patience as I used to.
And yes, I am a nurse. I'm currently on medical leave, and hope to be able to go back to work at some point!
I hope your work week is going smoothly for you and you're not too tired out this week. Get plenty of rest when you're at home each night. Simple meals, no fuss with the housework, etc. It's rough working full-time anyhow, never mind after major surgery. You're a strong and brave lady, doing it by yourself. Thankfully you had your lovely cousin who helped a short time when you really needed it.
 
glynis Happy travels. It all sounds wonderful. Thank you for your posts, which have been helpful and informative. Enjoy.
 
glynis I must confess I am leaking a little over your heartfelt farewell. I will miss you; some of your posts made me laugh till I cried. Happy Trails my funny friend :)

Then it's graduation on Friday! So I am resting up for sure, as I will definately not miss that! She's my last to go and my heart is bursting with pride, but breaking a little bit, too. You know what I mean.
Oh my yes, what an occasion! I'm glad she had fun at Disney, and I know she's glowing with energy over what the future may bring. Her mama has brought her up well, and she will do beautifully :) Is she getting any awards that she doesn't know about?

And I have no idea what it means to refresh your cache

heh heh heh CLEAR your cache, CLEAR it! your browser probably has someplace on the controls up top that allows you to do that. I use CCleaner to do it, a free utility that you can download.
 
ByGosh. Graduation Day tomorrow! Congratulations. Bring tissues. Very moving especially the youngest and last H. S. graduation. Sounds like she had a blast at Disney. They have such energy. I don't miss the emotional ups and downs from then but I sure mss the energy.
My husband mentioned seeing portable instant ice packs in the pharmacy-you twist the pack and it gets cold. Sorry I don't know the name but it might help to have one in your bag tomorrow. Have a wonderful day.
 
zauberflöte Thank you for the compliment about my daughter - she is a very sweet and charming girl. She received several awards during her Thespian dinner a few weeks ago. They don't do awards at graduation, so I believe that's it. And yes, she is quite excited about her future.
Peaches - Thank you for your idea - I do keep a journal, but I would have to re-read each day to see if it were good or bad. I should probably make some type of symbol or mark, so it would be easier to keep track! Maybe a happy face or sad face? :) or :sad:
 
Thanks LeeApril26 That's a great idea about the instant ice packs. I may have a few hanging around here from first aid kits. I'll see if I can find them. It would be a lot easier to have one of those than to try to keep a regular one cold. Good idea!
Let's hope the rain stops by then. It's supposed to be outside.
 
ByGosh, I sure hope the rain lets up. It has not gone quite the way I'd thought, from the predictions I'd heard... starting up harder again now. Hmm. I hope it moves on through!
I had not even heard of instant ice packs! So thanks, and also Lenora LeeApril26! They might be handy for our big road trip to see the inlaws in July, "just in case!"
I like the idea Peaches had, about some kind of journal. About the best I might do is make a notation in my calendar..... and I can picture myself, seeing all things in shades of gray as I do, to indicate :) +:) - , or maybe :sad: +, or (you get the idea...)
Or, since you're in the field, how about the ol' pain rating numbers....?
I'll be watching tomorrow's weather for you! It will be wonderful, no natter what. When Songboy graduated 2 years ago, it was raining, so they had it in the school gym. We got there in time to get floor-level seats. It wasn't as lovely and scenic as my older son's had been, on a glorious June evening in a lush green field, but that didn't matter to the kids!
 
ByGosh - !! I look forward to the Graduation report! It turned lovely and sunny for most of the afternoon, and then right at 5:30 - RAIN!! Now, 5:45, the sky is blueish again (with some clouds) so.... I want you to know I'm thinking about you and wondering whether the ceremony is inside or out!
 
ByGosh me too thinking of you and "babyGoshette".

I can picture myself, seeing all things in shades of gray as I do, to indicate :) +:) - , or maybe :sad: +
oh boy Songlady you and me, the "always gray" thinkers!! I used to track my jogging, how far, how long, heart rate, and mood, with little pencil notations in my calendar. And they were just like what you drew up there!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom