Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.
ByGosh, Kylesh and zauberflöte, I have to tell you.... I really hate splashing. I know it's silly to hate splashing when one is basically sitting IN the water, but.... so be it. I think I got conditioned from all my years of wearing contact lenses: I was afraid they'd get washed out of my eyes. I DO love to stop paddling and just run my hands in the water, though.....:heehee:
ByGosh, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one feeling overprotective of my kids at the moment! It's amazing Goshgirl was able to fly out, but.... I guess they were able to fly out of the storm or something?! I hope she's having a good time.
Our cats are 17 1/2 (both from the same litter) and not in tip-top shape, so... yes, that's a bit of a worry also.
So, Goshman might work, or (didn't ZF already recommend:) Mr Gosh, since you are "By" Gosh?
Also, I just wanted to reflect.... when I saw my OS at my 2 week appointment, he particularly cautioned me against overambitious PT folks, being encouraged by how I could move, might try to get me to do more. In particular he demonstrated a lunge and said to me, "do NOT do this!!" (From that moment forward I believe I "underachieved" in regard to leg lifts, etc when in the presence of the PT.)
One would hope that the PTs we get would be particularly trained in regard to hip issues, but I don't think that's always the case. What clued me in on this was when my mom had her hip replaced, about 3 1/2 years ago. The first day she was at the rehab place (a different one from where she is now) I was present as a staff member was going to transport her somewhere by wheelchair. The wheelchair happened not to have foot rests, so the attendant told her to cross her legs in order to keep her feet from dragging!! I let out a "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" and that was averted..... but I was really surprised they didn't know that leg-crossing might be a hip no-no.
It really pays to advocate for ourselves!
 
Songlady glynis Peaches zauberflöte sandybeach Littlejem Kim22 LeeApril26 Looks like we're playing the Name Game here...(Great song, by the way.) Well, so far the names for my GoshHusband are Mr. Gosh, Goshman and thanks to glynis, GoshDamnIt! :) He likes the GoshDamnIt best (of course). I think it sums up how he feels about this long, drawn out recovery I'm having. But our moderators might bleep it out! It may end up looking something like this -
GoshDa#@m*#%It! which is very effective and just about says it all! :rotfl:
Any other ideas for names out there?
 
Songlady glynis Peaches zauberflöte sandybeach Littlejem Kim22 LeeApril26
ByGosh yes, how about ByGolly? (I wasn't GoshMan, Songlady already has that one taken!) I could call Mr ZF "ZauberKlarinette" as he played clarinet in junior high....
I realllllly liked GoshGirlfriend!!!
Meg, it was my PT who demonstrated do Not Do the lunge! And when I said splashing, I really meant paddling about gently. I haven't been swimming in many years, so I really don't know what I'd do. Start looking for a kayak, most likely!
 
just posted the same suggestion for Mr ByGosh on Littlejem's thread. :heehee:​
sqwerlie With all of these threads going on, it's hard to keep up! But you're excused... this time, just don't let it happen again.....Ok? :rotfl: hahaha
Oh dear, I just realized that we may have another zauberflöte on our hands! Pray tell, how oh how will we manage that??:heehee: JKJKloveyouboth
 
I am hijacking your thread to ask a question...

Sometimes when I open the Bonesmart site I find a completely different set of threads. They all have about a million "views", but only a couple of replies. Have I stumbled on Bonesmart in a parallel universe here?

Has anyone else found these other threads? Ever wary of viruses and Internet scams of all kinds I have never opened any of them. Perhaps a clever moderator - like bottomshollow - might know what's going on?
 
I am hijacking your thread to ask a question...

Sometimes when I open the Bonesmart site I find a completely different set of threads. They all have about a million "views", but only a couple of replies. Have I stumbled on Bonesmart in a parallel universe here?

Has anyone else found these other threads? Ever wary of viruses and Internet scams of all kinds I have never opened any of them. Perhaps a clever moderator - like bottomshollow - might know what's going on?

Hi Glynis, try refreshing your cache, it should clear your history.. If not, post the problem in the technical bugs section and our techno will advise :)
 
zauberflöte, she tagged us both, right? And I am trying to spend more time on my DUFF today, so a Google search was right up my alley!
ByGosh, I am interested... you'd had an injection and it only helped for a day....? Songman is going for one on Thursday for this neck/disc issue, and I sure hope it helps for longer than that! We certainly would want to do some research before going for surgery for that, and if this would buy some relief, that would really help..... we'll see what the Pain relief Dr. says.
 
Songlady No, unfortunately, my steroid injection didn't help my hips. But my husband had a spinal injection for lower back pain (3 herniated discs) that was miraculous. He was better within 3 days, and it helped for a long time. I would think it would help Songman out, as his issue isn't wearing out of the joints, like mine was. It's probably more nerve related pain. I've heard of those shots being very effective for disc issues. It'd say it's worth a try. Good luck to him! I hope it helps.
glynis I've never had that problem with logging onto BoneSmart. And I have no idea what it means to refresh your cache. Hmmmmm - But I do know, per zauberflöte, that if you Google tatoos for THR scars, we come up! I think that's pretty interesting. Of course, it has nothing whatsoever to do with your issue....
 
ByGosh, thanks for your response! Wow, I am so encouraged by Mr Gosh's response to the injection! Yes, Songman's issue is a nerve thing, so... hopefully it will help. The orthopod said that if the injection helped, that would give them a clearer indication that surgery would help in his case. I have no clue. I've always prided myself on being a pretty good "Dr. Mom," but spines and discs aren't my specialty!
glynis, I haven't had that problem, either.... and I thought refreshing your cache was what you went to a spa for!?:rotfl: (Where IS the techie son when I need him....?)
 
Oh Songlady ! I forgot to thank you for looking up the" by gosh, by golly" lyric, which I meant to do but never got around to it. I was hearing that song in my head all last night, and knew it was a Christmas verse. Thank you for coming through for me. Awwwww you're a true friend....:friends:
 
glynis above the threads, there is a row of words. On the far right, above the names of the most recent contributors to each thread, it says "Last Message". There should be a down arrow after that. If there isn't, click there until the arrow appears. That should resort the threads correctly for you.
 
glynis I hope you're more clever than I am (and I have a sneaking suspicion that you are) because it took me a while to figure that out. But I did, and I clicked the arrow, even though I wasn't stuck in BoneSmart of the Past. Well...not that I know of, anyway.....hmmmm
 
For the last time, I am butting in on ByGosh's thread.

My friend Ruth is coming over here from Israel to a family wedding in London on June 23. She is coming up to Manchester before that, to spend a few days with us. She wants to show her boyfriend Michael the area where she grew up. Incidentally, Michael is Canadian, so I'll be scrutinising him carefully, thanks to this site. Soon after Ruth goes back we are off on a wildlife trip to Alaska, which sounds very exciting.

So, I reckon this is a good time for me to take my leave of Bonesmart. Thing is, I'm just pottering along more or less OK now - though I still can't bend down - and I don't really have anything much to contribute.

Thanks to all my special buddies who've been such good fun. Laughter surely is the best medicine, or a pretty good one, anyway.

I've been really saddened by those few members - Nanamac, BarbieJ, Natalie (over in Knees'R'Us) and others - who continue to suffer very real, intractable pain. Also for their family members, who have the exquisite sadness of watching their loved one suffer, and being unable to help. I've experienced that, and it's awful.

My sincere best wishes to everyone on your different roads to recovery, however long they may be.

Glynis

ps Oh gosh! Nearly forgot sqwerlie and Littlejem. I wish you all you wish yourself for your ops next week. To paraphrase the words of a lovely song by Peter Tosh: "You gotta pick yourself up, and dust yourself off, and start all over again."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom