Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

Status
Not open for further replies.
zauberflöte hahaha Where did I write zauberblote???? That is too funny. I've always been thinking how your screen name of zauberflote could so easily be changed to zauberflatus, but I never had the heart to do it. I guess my brain just had it's own little Freudian slip all by itself.... So sorry, dear...you know I would never mean to offend.....:heehee:
 
Poppet That massage sounds heavenly. It must make you feel heavenly, too, don't you think zauberblote? And zauberflöte No one can blame you for not having the oomph to bake a cake. You're only 3 weeks post-op, you should be resting rather than on your feet in the kitchen. The cake has plenty of time to get baked. Mr. ZB will understand, I know he will.​
heh heh he heh you were on a roll and didn't even realize. You never offend!!! :) Zauberflatus is too much, and reminds one of what they call the bassoon when the bassoons are not doing well, or particularly the contra bassoon-- the farting bedpost!!:rotfl:
 
ByGosh - yum, Modern! I hope it is yummy! and the cake looks wonderful! Songboy, who is quite a cook, is helping me grill a steak for dinner, while I make a salad with our farmshare greens. What a wonderful, celebrative weekend your family has had!
zauberflöte - :heehee: :loll: :rotfl: I have an organ stop that sounds like a ZauberBlote! And I actually used it this morning at the end of the hymn based on "Ode to Joy." Songboy and another kid, a graduating high school Senior, played trumpets for me, and I wrote up a descant for Songboy for that hymn, and kicked up the organ a few notches (using this sound, a 32 foot contra bassoon.) SB said his part sounded like part of a mariachi band, but he managed to play it with a straight face!
I played BOTH services for the first time today and didn't hurt at all until I had to sit for, well, I admit; it only hurt after I had to sit for the sermon!:wink:
 
Songlady I know that stop well..... LOL. I'm happy for you-- played 2 services, playing didn't hurt! Your arrangement sounds like fun, I know the congregation enjoyed it too :)
Dad is fixing supper, but maybe I'll do the zucchini for him. yum!
 
Hi zauberflöte, yes, I had entirely too much fun playing music this morning! :loll: And I do have a few aches, but I think they are muscle/tendon/etc, not the hip itself. And I played fewer wrong notes with my left foot this morning! Whew, because I have a wedding to play for next weekend!
 
Peaches LeeApril26 Kim22 Songlady zauberflöte Littlejem octopus Hello! Thanks for the all of the well wishes. The day was very nice and easy on Mr ByGosh, which was the best. All of our GoshGroup was here and we enjoyed the specialty pizzas. Not surprising, though. And of course, the cake was a hit. So yummy, and luckily there's enough left for dessert all week.
Thanks, @Peahces, I've always liked the name, Paige, too. And good for you Songlady to play for 2 services today, and Songboy could play with you, too, with his friend. How nice! You do have to get ready for your wedding next weekend and be all 'tuned up'. What a joyous occasion to play for. I have no doubt you'll be superb.
zauberflöte blote, flatus. Boy! I'm sure giving you a run for your money (unintentionally) today! And I know you've got all the prunes you'll ever need, too! :heehee: What's going on here with me? Too much cake or something.
 
Must be the chocolate (she says wistfully......) :whistle:
Glad it was such a lovely occasion! With the whole Gosh family! The whole Song family hasn't been together since Christmas Day, but older Songboy will be coming down in a few weeks. :egypdance: He's on board for the trip to North Carolina, Land of the Hard Mattresses!
I'm glad you had such a nice family time!
 
ByGosh Mmnn. Pizza and chocolate cake-you had all the best food groups covered. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, and it's lovely to have the family together. And, I think we were so lucky with weather in the NE today. My son is coming in on 6/29 with his bride, and we are having an extended family gathering on 6/30, as the wedding was in CA and hard for some to make it. It will be fun, and luckily we decided to do it in a restaurant, as I sure am glad I won't be cooking for so many people.
Songlady The music you made today sounds wonderful: trumpets, bassoon-sounds and mariachi! Terrific, and even better that you could do two services without pain.
 
I can't think of a better name for your thread. I thought someone else might have an idea. I do think you need a new title. Something that meshes with the "By Gosh, By Golly!" theme maybe ...
 
ByGosh - you asked about Songman's spinal injection. It was in a spot about 2 or 3 inches down from his neck. Doc had an image-guided thing going and injected numbing stuff and then the medication. I didn't go into that room with Mr Song, so I still have questions. Doc did not use a steroid. I thought Mr S said something like "synvisc" but later did not remember saying anything at all about whatever was used. :gaah: However, the Doc said that often it takes 2 injections to really fix this, so another is scheduled for 3 weeks from that one. Some folks find it doesn't work at all, others find this works for YEARS.! (I am going IN with him next time......)
He feels that it has helped 50% or maybe a bit more - that pain was positional, so it's a little hard to tell how much better it is (maybe he just hasn't been ding those things?) But he thinks it's bothering him less at night.
 
Hello Everyone! Songlady Synvisic - hmm, isn't that sort of a lubricant/fluid that is used alot for knee OA? Perhaps it's helpful with discs as well. I've heard that when it works, it can work for a long time. But maybe Songman got it wrong, and it was the numbing med with a steroid. That's the usual injection. Yes, you'll have to be there next time, so be sure exactly what he was given. Can you call and ask? Is he scheduled again? It's great that it may be helping already, though. That's exactly what you want!

LeeApril26 How nice that your son and his new wife are coming to visit, and have everyone get together for an 'after wedding party'. The celebration continues.... I love when that happens. It spreads out the joy. And of course having it at a restaurant makes absolute sense. Why cook when you can have someone else do all of the work? And it is a lot of work entertaining for a group.

zauberflöte Zaubergang is funny - translation 'Magic Gang' . Hmmm has a certain ring to it. Maybe you can perform magic shows on the side...!
What shall I rename my thread? ByGosh's Two For One or ByGosh has Two New Hips, ByGolly...I'm still thinking on it alexthecat . I'll see if the GoshKids can come up with something GoshDarnClever tonight at the dinner table!:)
 
ByGosh. What you're going through sounds awful. These soft tissue injuries are so scary. An injury to my piriformis is what started my THR journey. By the time it healed my muscles were no longer supporting my arthritic hip, so here I am. We all have to walk this fine line, and every time I am given another PT exercise I wonder if this will be the time. I am in no way near your level of pain, but I have pain on my entire right side, from five months of using the cane and probably some level of atrophy in my good hip. It is very discouraging.

I'm sure you have followed every avenue and every suggestion. What finally solved my piriformis issue was a good acupuncturist. This after three months of PT. have no idea if this would help groin pain.
 
Hi LeeApril26 Yes, I've considered acupunture, but I don't know of any here that are reputable. There are probably many more in the city. And I wonder if it's ok to use it with replacements? I'm just very much afraid of any type of infectious risk, although those needles are sterile. If this soft tissue inflammation doesn't resolve after some Prednisone, I'll be up for trying any number of things to be functional again. It's unacceptable to me that I would go through this difficult surgery and recovery, and be worse than I was pre-op.
I'm sorry that you have right sided pain. You're probably right about the cane contributing to it, and the wear and tear on your unoperated hip from taking the burden during recovery. Perhaps when your recovery is further along, the right side won't have to work so hard, and the pain will ease up. It is very discouraging, I know. I never knew pain until this started last March 2012. I just want what we all want - my life back.
 
ByGosh - Definitely By Gosh, By Golly, Bionic! That's great, alexthecat ! Unless the Gosh Dinner Table came up with something else.
After this day of Mother Moving, car repairs in traffic, and other delights, I almost outright rebelled at putting together a salad supper for Songman and me, LeeApril26. I went ahead and did it because I couldn't think of anything else I wanted to eat ! lol
And yes, ByGosh, I'll ask about the injection, may even call (although, HIPPA and all, they might not tell me....) sigh.
I've also been dealing with a new computer. I got it in winter, and - it died, something in it fried, so it got fixed under warrantee, but then my surgery came along, and the old one worked even if it was slow.....anyway, I'm tackling the new one.
Time for serious zzzzzzzzzzzzzsss...
 
ByGosh. You make a good point about infection. I know my acupuncturist uses sterile, disposable needles and the penetration is not deep, but you would have to be sure. I found mine from a previous physical therapist. For knee pain she taped little metal balls in my ears for two weeks. It worked. I was pretty desperate at the time. The other thing I was wondering is if you have ever tried the spice turmeric? I am sending for some pills, to see if it reduces the inflammation in my hand. Doesn't seem risky.

Here is the store locator for the Lynco orthotics.

broken link removed: https://www.aetrex.com/pages/Store-Locator.html
 
SeaSiren Songlady alexthecat Yes, I do like the sound of that, too: ByGosh ByGolly Bionic !! or ByGosh ByGolly Bilateral! (I'm not feeling so bionic yet, as in "invincible" , but it does have a nice ring to it)
There was only 1 Goshette at dinner tonight, so I couldn't get a majority vote - they have other GoshLives and go out and live them frequently....sigh...I wish kids lived for us like we lived for them! No, not really - that's not what they're here for, I know, I know...but gee, they add so much...

LeeApril26 Thank you for the websit store locator. Let's see what they have in Conn....
Thanks SeaSiren for the graduation wishes. How are you fairing these days? Almost 4 weeks now? Wow, that went fast, it seems. I'll have to come visit your thread and catch up soon! I hope you're doing well.

Oh, and by the way, do you think it was TENS that my PT would use on me? It was a machine and had sticky patches that would go in two places on either side of the pain, and he'd dial it up to a number, and I'd feel a tingling, almost stinging sensation? And if it went up too high, my muscles would twitch? He'd use it for about 12-13 mins. only and put a hot pack over it while it was running? He called it "Stim". It didn't seem to do much, if that's what it was, but perhaps if I had my own, I could use it longer or adjust it for me more accurately. I'm just wondering if that's what he used. Does it sound like it?

Songlady Sounds like you had a heck of a day. I'd better hop on over and read all about it. Get some sleep tonight. Sounds like your 'plum' tuckered out. :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom