Bilateral TKR BTKR ~~ May 13, 2013 ~~ Post-Op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Gyll! I'm so encouraged by you!!! Walking 1/3 of a mile is outstanding! And ... working in the yard too! You are doing so great! I'm doing my best and can't wait to have the progress that you and so many others have had. I'm excited to have these new knees and can't wait to have full use of them. Thanks for checking in on me!
:flwrysmile:
 
And I'm very encouraged by both of you, Gyll and Izzie. You are hero's in my eyes, if not in yours.:)
 
Hello Izzie,
Just checking in ! I planted 3 gardens today, yes 3. I am in my count down to surgery
( 2 wks to go ) :ok: I still have 1 more garden to plant & paint my laundry room. I start with all pre-op
stuff May 22. I really am not afraid :scare:I just want to get ride of this pain. I hope you are doing well,
did you receive your little " present " yet :rotfl: I hope you have a peaceful :sleep:and as always, my best to you!
Take Care,
Diana :flwrysmile: :friends:
 
scaredinCA -- Thank You! Honestly, this is much better than I anticipated. I'm not saying it's easy, but it's very, very doable! Hope all is well with you!!!
:flwrysmile:
 
Diana only two weeks to go! Sorry you are in pain. How on earth are you able to paint and garden with that pain? I can barely stand up because of it. I'm so happy that you are not afraid like me. :heehee:
 
Diana, Diana, Diana!!! 3 Gardens -- Oh my goodness, I know they will be gorgeous! Planting and painting are so much fun! Being in pain takes some of that away, but I'm so glad you are getting it done. Your pain will soon be gone and you will be so happy! I'm doing okay. Today was not my best, but I'm doing all that I can. My little present arrived today after a lot of sitting in prayer on the potty!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: My gift was not as great as I'd have liked, but I'm hoping tomorrow there will be a really big surprise for me!:loll::heehee: Lunesta helped me get some sleep last night and will be doing the same thing tonight. Thanks for checking in on me! Hugs!
:friends:
 
Izzie,
I laughed out loud when I read your post :rofsign:You know what they say "Good things come
in small packages" :heehee: The reason I can get so much done is because only 1 knee is a problem. I hope you have a better day tomorrow :) :)
:sleep:,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Izzie! Checking on you to see how sleep went last nite..and to see if you had any luck with the bathroom situation..glad to hear you had some success with both!:dancy: Sounds like you're worn out tonite..hope you get another night of sleep...seems like you can deal with things so much better when you are rested..praying for your healing each day...looking forward to your post tomorrow...
 
Day 6-- Post-Op

Lunesta helped me get some much needed sleep, Miralax (in orange juice) helped deliver a small gift for me today - :yay: I was hoping for a much larger package. At this moment, am drinking more Miralax = maybe tomorrow i will receive the particular gift I've been hoping for. :loll:


Wanting to straighten out the sleep problems, meds and bathroom issues are top of my list at the moment! This morning I really had no energy and felt more pain than usual. My fault. The nurse brought in meds very early, thought I was sound asleep and didn't want to disturb me. I was sleeping lightly, but when she left the room, I didn't bother calling her back - I wish I had. My day began with weakness and nausea. OT was first, I took a shower all by myself! The OT stood a few feet away in case I got light headed or felll. I got dressed, put on my socks and shoes. OT did more upper body strengthing and we did my laundry :yay: During PT, I was light headed and nauseous. The PT pushed me, but not too hard. I liked him because he was gentle and explained everything very well.

I have 2 docs that are in charge of this Unit. They both came to see me today. My questions about the blood thinner drugs were answered and I received the injection right away. Also, one doc said it would be a good idea to keep the TED hose on because my legs and feet are still quite swollen. So, back on they went. I don't mind them at all and am grateful for the compression. While lying in bed, I do lots of ankle pumps, extension presses, etc. I feel more restricted by the recliner we are given. It's extremely uncomfortable. I'm going to bring it up in my next doctor meeting.

Want to post a bit more, but the Lunesta is working on me and my pain meds have finally kicked in. Hoping for a much better day tomorrow!

Hugs! :friends:
 
Hi Izzie! Boy they keep you busy there! Glad you got some sleep. Even with my ambien I still have broken up sleep...but the aid does help. The a achy leg I referred to is my previous (right) leg. I suppose it is holding me up without help from the left leg so it gets tired. My swelling is going down a bit, but much more bruising on this leg, I didn't have bruising on my rt ankle at all.

Sleep well! Glad you have a quiet day tomorrow!
 
Hi there, I do hope your big present has arrived.There is nothing worse than sitting and waiting for for something wonderful to arrive.:snork: I see you are doing very well but, I hope they are not keeping you too busy. By now I guess you are looking forward to going home and I imagine that will be soon. Did you manage to talk them into a pedicure? Oh yea, I've been meaning to ask, did you get any "gauze panties" or find out what they are?:rotfl:
 
Not necessarily nice - but I can tell you (after searching for remedies from codeine for 2½ years) that ready to eat prunes are good for presents - 4 of them 3 times a day. Some types are horrid but SunSweet are edible and remind me of fruitcake. Much better than the alternative enema....:yikes:

Hope you have a good day and can keep on top of your pain meds
 
I should get lots of presents! I love prunes.:rotfl:
 
Izzie, I did the prunes, and the prune juice everyday, it does help a lot..also when sitting on the john, drape a towel accross you legs to lean on...that is probably more then most people want to hear, but it does really help.
 
Hey Izzie, it sounds like you have hit some of the yuckiness in the recovery period, but handling very well. I hope you get to go home soon. I go in tomorrow with my surgery time at 1:30 PM, so it will be a long day.

Keep up the good work and I will post on my recovery thread as soon as my brain allows me too. :shocked:
 
Hi Jimbojunk, Busy here, but it's good. Sleep was very nice, but, like you I wake several times. Hope your swelling continues to go down - that makes everything difficult. When do you go in for your check up with your OS? I'm supposed to make an appointment for 2 weeks from the date of surgery. Hope you are doing well otherwise. Sleep is important, so I hope you continue to get some rest. Thanks for checking in on me!
 
Ellen, you may not have time to read this before your surgery. Just know that I'll be thinking of you, sending you lots of healing light and prayers. You are surrounded by people who care and want the best for you. Whenever you feel like it, post something - we'll be waiting. Congratulations! Big Hugs!!!
:friends: :friends: :friends:
 
My way, the arrival of my big present made my day! I think I may have hurt myself in the last few days because I was trying so hard to "help" the gift along. :yikes: I'm doing okay. Not as well as some, but we all get there eventually. The schedule here is very nice, I like that we go from one therapy to the other. Hoping they will keep me as long as insurance will allow. I want to go home, but not before I'm ready. Not able to talk anyone into a pedicure, but it would be a good business to be in. A nail tech could make a few extra $$ if the hospital would allow. No gauze panties, in fact, no panties at all !!:rotfl:
 
Thanks, Puffin, I will stay on top of it. Tomorrow, I'll be taking hydrocodone with breakfast and then again with lunch. That way, it will be in my system for the morning therapies and again for the afternoon therapies. The remainder of the day, I'll be on tramadol. If that doesn't work, we'll try something else. I've got more prunes arriving with breakfast in the morning :heehee:
 
Hello Izzie,
I'm just checking in on you, I hope you are feeling better today :console2:My Way is :rofsign: :rotfl:
she will be getting lots of " presents" :loll:I am sure by now you are tired of talking about BM & pain meds
& such :sick: So allow me to visualize your recovery for you.....sit back & close your eyes.
You're on a beach in Hawaii, a gentle breeze blows through your hair. The :SUNsmile: glistens on the white sand. A young
cabana boy asks what would you like to drink :martini: You tell him "I'll have a strawberry Daiquiri" with
whipped cream & a cherry.
While he gets your drink you decide to take a dip in the crystal clear water. You realize you have no pain
at all, you are "pain Free" :egypdance:You think " life is good" :yahoo:& it is........
Hugs & good thoughts coming your way :friends:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom