Bilateral TKR BTKR ~~ May 13, 2013 ~~ Post-Op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Izzie,
Congratulations on moving into the re-hab section of the hospital :happydance:Your hospital
sounds wonderful, good food, excellent care, good view. Now maybe, just maybe, if you are a very
good girl :angel:They would be honored to give you a pedicure, while you are elevating :rotfl: :wink:
Pick your color !!!
Honestly, you are doing wonderfully :friends:Thoughts & Hugs coming your way,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Cathy (Maddoxsmama) … Yes, that nausea thing is horrible! So sorry you had to go through so much of it. UCK! Are you taking Percocet? After the first 24 hours of being on Percocet, I knew it was the drug that was making me so queezy. I don’t know what I would do if I was still feeling that way. Happy almost One Month Anniversary! Aren’t those boys in our lives just wonderful! :yes:
 
Roy … You are too funny! :heehee: I’m just lucky to be in this hospital and have this experience. The food is very good!
 
Hopper … You hit the nail on the head, the nausea is the worst part. If the staff doesn’t realize what is going on, they can’t do anything about it. Unfortunately, during that time, you suffer. Getting better every day sounds good to me. Those boys! I know you loved having them near. Mine have been here every day –always love to see them. How are you feeling now? -- doing well I hope.
:friends:
 
Hi Lee! Wow – you are just over two weeks post surgery! You sound like you’re doing well, are you getting around without your walker a little bit? Ahh yes, the sleeping thing. Seems like so many have had a problem with that. I haven’t slept since the surgery on Monday, an hour here and there, but not really even a good nap. Maybe tonight! :sleep: Hope you get a little rest and hugs to you! :friends:
 
Hi pdx … Not to worry, no being a hero here! And definitely no marathons, especially on Saturday!! :rotfl:
 
I wanna go where you are and I wanna go now:tantrum: How was your day today? I imagine it was busy and you are are tired. It sounds like a great place! Don't get so comfy that you want to stay.:whistle:
 
Hello Sweet Shellbelle … I kind of wish I’d been able to stay a couple of days longer in the Joint Unit of the hospital, the inpatient rehab has many other types of patients to deal with. They are full of patients, and not fully staffed. Percocet YIKES! That is what made me so nauseous. After changing to Hydrocodone, I’ve had no problems with nausea at all. Makes a huge difference. It’s still a narcodic, gives me results, and no nausea. By the way, “woozy” is a medical term. I know you will love having your first official outside walking. Enjoy! Big hugs!! :friends:
 
Hi Barb … Congratulations! One month anniversary tomorrow!!! Hope you are doing well and still getting good care. Thank you for thinking of me and your sweet words about my boys!! I will continue updating. Hugs coming your way too! :friends:
 
Hi Liddie … So great that you are back home. I am not always clear headed, but I’ve been doing pretty well in that department. I laughed when I heard about your niece calling your name, etc. Janet2012 was trying to write, but said she kept falling asleep with food in her mouth. So glad you didn’t have to deal with any nausea, that makes everything better. It’s wonderful that you’ve had support. Let your friends take care of you , and your husband, for a while. People really do want to help one another. Take care of yourself, you must come first at this time.
:friends:
 
Hi Diana … Yes it is good to be in re-hab this soon, and the hospital really does have many good benefits. … Now about that pedicure :rotfl: I would like hot pink please!
Hope all is well, hugs to you! :friends:
 
Hi Myway!
I wish you could come here!!! It’s a very nice program for joint replacement. Today was busy, OT twice, PT twice, several docs coming in. I’m still having a problem getting rest though. Maybe it will be better tonight. I want to get better fast so I can go home. It’s nice here, but I don’t want to stay any longer than I have to. No date on your surgery yet? :groan:
 
Hi, Izzie, WOW, sounds like you are doing fantastic!! I'm so encouraged by that-praying that my recovery goes as well as yours! I know your boys have been wonderful, aren't you so proud of them? So, how long will you be in the Rehab Hilton Marriott? I'd hate to have to say goodbye to that good food!! Glad you're in such a great rehab facility. Thanks for updating us, I look forward to seeing how you are doing. Hope you continue to improve a little each day, you'll be without your walker before you know it. Take care, hugs to you, friend.
 
Hi Deb, You will do great - probably much better than you anticipate. There are many great things about this hospital, but it's not home. I am so proud of my boys. They are really showing me how wonderful they are. Big hugs back to you! :friends:
 
Day 4-- Post-Op
I'm a bit tired so forgive me the mistakes that might be in this post. Today was the first full day of impatient rehab. Still no sleep last night. Keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the night for some restful sleep.

I've stayed on schedule with my pain meds, every 4 hours. 4am blood was drawn, 6 am OS came to visit, said that everything looked good to him and he is pleased with my progress. Feel like I got a Gold Star! He is the sweetest guy, so happy to have had him do my surgery.

OT came in to get me in the shower and show me how to maneuver everything. I put on my shoes, which was a big deal. That whole process took a while. PT came to get me - worked me hard but good. Then lunch time.

OT again followed by PT. My legs were having more pain than they'd had before. I did stairs, the short ones - up and down, road the NewStep which is like a recumbent elliptical machine, toe raises and baby squats, walked around the floor then headed back to my room to elevate and ice. My boys came to visit, brought me a few things from home. With the pain I had, I wondered if I'd be able to do PT tomorrow. I called for help to go to the restroom and to my surprise, I walked effortlessly (with my walker). Very pleasant surprise! Going to bed early hoping for some much needed sleep.

I think I'm doing well at this time. Hope these little daily posts help someone. I know I've said it before, but you all have inspired me and I just love the support I've received! Thank you all you wonderful, amazing people!!!
 
Izzie, so happy to see you are doing well.. It a village to get through this, isn't it.... I have officially added you to my HERO list, I think that no one that can have both of their knees done, is brave. I can hardly handle the thought of one.... :shocked:

4 more get ups for me, it has been so stressful this week, I just want this behind me....

Keep up the great progress!!!
 
Busy Izzie! Keep up the good work!

Hopefully you are sleeping soundly. Can you ask for a sleep aid? It's the only way I can get any straight hours of sleep, otherwise it's just little naps.
 
Izzie, you are a Wonder Woman in progress! I can't believe how GREAT you're doing! SO happy to hear it!
 
Hello Izzie,
You are more busy than I am in my own life. :heehee: I really hope from all your activities you
do get some much needed :sleep: I hope you don't mind I directed a few people having BTKR to your
posts from the pre-op side. :ok:
Have a wonderful weekend !
You'll be home before you know it :kittykiss:
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Izzie- Your posts are absolutely helpful. It's really helpful to have an idea of what the post BTKR is like just in terms of therapy, fatigue etc. It's great to read how well you are doing and makes me slightly less anxious about my own surgery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom