Guest viewing is limited

Bilateral TKR BTKR ~~ May 13, 2013 ~~ Post-Op

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Izzie on your two new shiny knees! :yay: :happydance: Wishing you a speedy recovery and keep us posted on how you are going! :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Welcome to the "other side"!! Pardon the pun, but you have taken big steps in reclaiming your life and taking back the activity and the lifestyle that arthritis stole from you!

You sound like you are doing well---please keep us updated when you are able to and let us know how things are going for you!
 
Izzie! Congratulations on getting to the recovery side! I hope everything goes well over the next few days. It will get harder before it gets better, but then it gets a LOT better! I'm leaving in the morning for Colorado, so may it may be a few days before I get caught up with you again! Next year, you'll feel like you can do anything compared to before!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] BTKR ~~ May 13, 2013 ~~ Post-Op
    image-3197695097.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 129
Bravo, Izzie! Rest and recover! We will be working that together!
 
Day 1 - Surgery
So much last minute preparation - I did the best I could do. Took a hot bath at 1:30 this morning, got into bed at 2:30, and woke up on my own at 5:30 with terrible pain in my knees. As instructed, took a shower using the special antibacterial soap all over. There were a few last minute items I put in ziploc baggies and I was packed. We were a few minutes late arriving at the hospital. The minute I walked through the door, the tears began. I feel so sorry for everyone I came in contact with, but they reassured me I would be just fine. Several people had the most wonderful things to say about my surgeon. After getting the IV started, the Anesthesiologist talked with me about his preferred method. I had a spinal with a pump which continues delivering medication until tomorrow morning. It comes out around 5AM and they have me up getting ready for my morning PT. I know the pain will be there, but I've told everyone that I want to stay on schedule with the meds - another thing I learned here. I'm going to try and get some rest for my big day tomorrow.

There are not enough words to describe how much the support I've been given here means to me. This forum truly has such amazing, giving and compassionate people. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Hugs to everyone!
:friends: :friends: :friends:
 
Well done Izzie, see I told you that those surgeon's were pretty good!!!! :happydance: I am so happy to see your post and hear you are doing so well.

Keep us post... :dancy:

Ellen :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Izzie! Great to see your posting! I've thought of you all day. And prayed for your safe journey through surgery..just rest as much as you can in the days ahead..Will be looking forward to your future posts!
:)
 
Hi Izzie:flwrysmile: , hoping all went well, just take each day one by one, they will be all different especially in hospital, I had some good days and bad, but 4 days after op it does get better, enjoy the being taken care of and rest up.
Hugs to you
Lee:friends:
 
Hi Izzie! And ate your veggies too. Extra points. Hope things are well, pain is controlled and you have had your maiden voyage on your knees without passing out like I did!! Just something to laugh about now. BP is slowly going back to normal. I have cut back on Percocet by adding Tramadol and so far along with the icing and tylenol pain is ok. Just sneaks thru once in a while. PT today, and that always leaves me with a twinge or two during the night. Flexion was an east 93 today which is an increase of the easy 88 it was on Friday so I am happy with that. The PT today would not let me push past discomfort one little bit so that was fine. My leg lifts get easier every day and I can hold the leg in the air easier and longer too. Amazing watching everything come back to life. You will be amazed every day. I have not cried once yet, just one day of feeling a bit down. And that wasn't even bad. Today while on my cpm machine I was actually a bit bored!
Hope you have a good night's sleep and you can rest despite everyone pestering you what seems like all the time!!

Love and hugs :friends:
 
Congrats on your surgery and new life. It is exciting to read of another bonesmartie doing so well after surgery. Looks like I'll be doing the BTKR also, so will be watching your thread even closer. I might learn something.
 
Izzie, so impressed that you can post updates already. I was in la-la land the first day. OK, the first and second day. I had general anesthetic (long story) and I won't do that again. I hope. Good luck on PT tomorrow. Remember, no kicking the PT person. Bad form.
 
Yay izzie!!! You made it...I'm definitely drawing strength from you, I have to say I'm pretty nervous! It sounds like you are doing great so far! Since you have a spinal with a pump do you have a catheter? I hope you are snoozing away & your body is busy restoring itself. Hugs, Min
 
Hi, welcome to the other side. Please pick one of these:

1. Izzie, now is the time to remember so many things your brain will frazzle, particularly as you are taking medications

2. Izzie, now is the time to remember just one thing; your new knees are in charge, relax and let them run the show.

:)
 
So glad that you are over here now - hope that you are keeping up with the meds and following the Bonesmart mantra
take good care of yourself
xxx
:flwrysmile:
 
Good Morning Izzie,
I know you have a busy day ahead of you ( standing on 2 brand new knees ) :egypdance:
I just wanted to tell you, I will be thinking of you today :) Your posts are so clear-headed, I'm impressed.
Before you were a novice, but now you are an inspiration to all of us ! :friends:Remember Ice, elevate,
pain meds. on time.
Talk Soon,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Izzie, just dropping in to check on you and send you a :SUNsmile:. I know it must have been a long day today with lots of things to sort out so don't feel you have to reply. Get some rest and we'll hear from you when you are feeling better. :friends:
 
Well done Izzie you are doing so well and inspiring so many people waiting their turn! :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom