Bilateral TKR BTKR ~~ May 13, 2013 ~~ Post-Op

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering where she went myself.. Hey Izzie, we're looking for you today. Hope all is well.
 
Hi Izzie - finally caught up with your thread, and glad you're home and feeling better! You sound good, and seem to be up and around quite a bit already. Keep up the good work with recovery, we know it's a long and winding road, but every day brings a bit more progress, and closer to that light at the end of the tunnel!!

Big hugs ~ :friends:
 
Hi Izzie,
I hope you are just laying low & doing your P.T :) On June 3rd I'll be on the "other-side"
maybe I'll come looking for you :ok:
You're always in my thoughts, wishing you well !!!! :friends:
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Maybe her internet or computer is down. I'm sure she would have checked in by now if she could.
 
Hi Izzie, Just dropping by to say hello. We all hope you can soon drop a line or two.:friends:
 
I'm concerned about her also. I hope she didn't get an infection or blood clot and is in the hospital. I've been hoping that its just her internet or computer problems.
 
My computer has been having trouble again. Fortunately, my son got a loaner for me to use until mine us up and running again. I feel like I've missed a lot and will definitely spend some time getting caught up.

All is well - tomorrow will be 3 weeks since my surgery. Most days are quite good. My staples were removed on Wednesday, May 29th -- my OS said everything looked very good, he told me that I was doing better than average and he'd see me in a month. I am following Bonesmart's advice and mantra, staying on schedule with my meds, elevating and icing, and doing my exercises. Out-patient PT begins June 7th. I'm using my cane and have been out for several shopping trips - to Costco and the market -- I've gotten in lots of good walking with the shopping cart. Walking seems like the best thing for me. I have a tendency to push myself too hard, so I've been trying to keep myself in check. So far, I'm extremely pleased with my progress. It's just remarkable what this surgery has done for me. And (no surprise here) I wish I'd had this done ten years ago! There is still some pain here and there, to be expected -- the swelling I had in my feet, ankles, and legs has almost disappeared. I'm just so happy to be on the recovery side and getting my life back!!! :happydance:

Big, big hugs to everyone !!! :friends:
 
Thank goodness your absence was only a computer problem. My mind was starting to run amok.:heehee:
 
Welcome back!:happydance:Now don't do that again.:scare:You did miss a lot! You need to read "June sunbeams front and center" in the pre op forum! Diana really out did herself this time!:rotfl:
 
Well, as you can see you were missed by all. I'm so happy you are doing so well :SUNsmile: Going to Costco ! That's an ordeal for me pre op! As you may have seen Diana and Puffin have their ops today and we are all waiting to hear from them but I guess it may be tomorrow. Have you had a chance to catch up with all the news and the goings on at Diana's party? You must also meet Inspojo. He's a new member in the post op forum and his posts will surely make you smile. It's so good to have you back. :friends:
 
Hi scaredinCA - My way - Janet2012 - Hopper !! Thank you all so much for your concern. I'm trying to get caught up. I hope all of you are doing well. I know Diana and Puffin had their surgeries today - I'm hoping everything went really well and we will all hear from them soon. My days are pretty good, really can't complain. I think I'm starting to feel the effect of all the pain meds - making me a bit nauseous - hopefully it won't be too long before I can start taking a little less each week. Thank you all again for your messages!!!
 
Nice to know you are ok and doing well. The dreaded nausea is horrid - but like you say it's not for ever.
Keep on smiling! :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom