Bilateral TKR BTKR ~~ May 13, 2013 ~~ Post-Op

Status
Not open for further replies.
puffin ... You are absolutely right, it had become more annoying and I feel I’m doing better at home already. Hope all is well with you!
:flwrysmile:
 
bottomshollow ... True, true, true – I did feel 100% better just getting home. I will follow the mantra and be patient with these new baby knees. I don’t want to push them too hard and mess this up.
:thankyou:
 
Grammy59 ... How are you? Hope all is well. I’m at home, trying to keep the pain under control with the meds and feel much better. I know what you mean about visual aids – it does make it easier. Your surgery date is fast approaching. I will be thinking of you and keeping tabs on you. Are you getting everything prepared? As so many others told me, the waiting is the hardest part. Once the surgery is over and you are in recovery, you will be so much happier. It is true. Here’s a big TN hug coming right back to you …
:friends:
 
but as Josephine has been so great to point out to us
bev I can’t tell you how much I appreciate your tagging Josephine
Izzie, honey - you are more than welcome to tag me any time you need some advice or any other input from me but I'd be extremely grateful if you would not do it just because you've mentioned my name in the course of conversation. I generally get about 20 or more tags every day and it takes up my precious time to go to a post I've been tagged in only to find it was just a passing comment. I already average about 6 hours a day on here as it is. Thanks muchly!

Glad you doing okay though. Keep up the good work!
 
Hello, @Izzy with you having both knees done and me only one, it is all the "stuff" of recovery that makes the two of us similar. I have said it before anyone having BTKR is a hero in my book..... Glad you are home, glad there were no clots and glad that you are doing so well. We actually got home the same day, Wednesday, and last night was my first full night of good sleep. :spin: :yes!: :console2: :sleep:
I read in your post about keeping your pain meds on a schedule, and I stole from a different Bone Smartie, to use my smart phone, I set an alarm every 4 hours, and will change that to every 6 today.

Enjoy the nice long weekend, but those of us in recovery we will enjoy even more time....

:friends:
 
Hello Izzie,
I am so happy you are in your nice,cozy home :) Walking outside & getting around inside
with out any assistance :egypdance:Your son is doing a good job watching out for you, don't make him to
nervous :heehee: There are so many June Sunbeams :SUNsmile: having BTKR, it has to be the way to go.
I am not to proud to say that when you feel good it warms my heart :friends:
Have a wonderful week end !
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Welcome home Izzie, I know how wonderful it feels to sleep in your own bed! I've always felt that when you start being irritated by the hospital routine, it's time to check out. It's almost 3 weeks for me post op and it's still slow and easy steps. Sleep whenever you get sleepy, I'm not worrying about days and nights, I just rest or sleep regardless of the time of day. I find that I don't have much appetite and have to make myself eat. I do enjoy fruit and protein shakes, I take 2 Colace every day and have not been constipated even tho I've increased my pain meds. Hope you are progressing each day and will update us soon.
 
Good morning! I was so glad to see you are doing well at home . As well as can be expected anyway. At least now you won't be on anyone's schedule. Mrs. A at 10, Mr.B at 11.....I think this is one problem with hospitals, no matter how you are feeling at your scheduled time you are pushed to perform. At home you work when your body says you can work and rest when you have to, not when it is convenient. Wow! It's amazing how I'm getting this all figured out! If I watch a few BTKR's maybe I could just get my son who is a carpentry supervisor to do the surgery.:rotfl:
I hope you have a great day and don't over do it.:SUNsmile: I did that yesterday! I had the house to myself and got bored. Not a good thing for me. I had taken some pain killers and didn't feel too bad so I went on what started out to be a small,one room cleaning. Somehow it didn't stop there. Won't do that again :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: until the next time I get bored :whistle:
 
so I went on what started out to be a small,one room cleaning. Somehow it didn't stop there. Won't do that again :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: until the next time I get bored :whistle:

It's a very wise woman who knows her own weaknesses. And most of us are or have been guilty of just this kind of thing---we always think we'll know when to stop the next time.
 
Hi Midwest knees … You are so right about everything! Being home makes a huge difference in the way I feel – on my own schedule for exercise, in control of my pain meds, and sleeping without doors slamming and people in and out of the room. I am not eating much either, but I'm not losing weight either :groan: I think it’s the pain medication. I've gained quite a bit over the last few years, so I'm looking forward to getting back into better shape.

Like you, I’m making myself a protein shake every morning. We need protein to heal, and apparently my blood work showed that I’m extremely low in protein. Each day in hospital, I was given an extra protein drink or bar. I had no idea I was low in protein – I’m not vegetarian and was previously eating protein at each meal. Next time I go to the doc, I will ask them to check my blood to see if my protein level has improved. I’ve been using MiraLax to make sure the pain meds don’t make me constipated. I have never taken a laxative before, but I really like this one. I can mix it in anything (my protein shake, orange juice, etc.) – it doesn’t have any texture or taste, it just disappears. It draws water into the colon which helps move everything along. Interesting conversation :rotfl:

Sounds like you are doing everything just right, don’t worry about anything except healing your body.
:flwrysmile:
 
Hi My way !!! You are so smart and you do have it figured out!!! I know you are going to do extremely well with your surgery and recovery. Being on my own schedule has definitely made a big, big difference. Let me know if your son decides to do some BTNR’s on the side! I'm sure we can get him some business :loll:

Ouch, ouch, ouch is all I can say when I read about your day yesterday! I know exactly how that happens – take the pain med, feeling better, wanting to be productive and then it snowballs. My guess is you were moaning and groaning in pain last night. :gaah: Next time you get bored, start writing a book about your experience with BTKR - it will be a best seller! :happydance:
 
Hi,
I want you to go to bed with a smile on your face so.... If you had a down day and I really hope you didn't, you have to read inspojo's thread? :rotfl: You really need to check it out, it's hilarious.

I was moaning and groaning last night and this morning it was even worse when I first got up! As the day went on it did improve. Why don't we ever learn?
 
Hi Izzie,
Did you read Inspojo's thread? It will put a smile on your face :rotfl:I forgot to ask about your :puppysmooze:
& :kittykiss:. I'm sure they missed you & are happy you are home.
Go easy & at your own pace........you know what you need to do.
Take Care,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
So where is Inspojo's thread? I need a laugh too.
 
Hello Izzie,
I hope you are doing well ! :)I had my first melt-down because I had to stop mowing the lawn.
I can't take any Advil or Aleve :tantrum:& tylenol doesn't work for me. I did finish the lawn, I hope I don't have a pain storm like Josephine's sister :beg:
Wishing you my best,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Being home makes a huge difference in the way I feel – on my own schedule for exercise, in control of my pain meds, and sleeping without doors slamming and people in and out of the room.
Being back home is a great psychological boost!

I am not eating much either,
Pain meds have a strange effect on our sense of taste--I celebrated Thanksgiving soon after my BTKR, and it was, without a doubt, the wort Thanksgiving that I ever have experienced---all of the food that I love so much had no taste and I slept through the entire day---in fact, my family went to my parents' home to celebrate, and i ate my meal later the day. Bland taste and blah food---all of which I normally loved!
 
Good morning Izzie, You seem to be missing again! I hope everything is fine and I'll check back when I get home from work.:)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom