Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

Have my first follow up tomorrow. Hopefully he will keep me on the stronger pain meds for now as I'm not quite ready to be off them yet. I am however already walking with a cane and able to do straight leg lifts which is something that I couldn't do for at least a month after the previous two surgeries. I really believe I'm fixed right this time and am keeping my fingers crossed for another ten years before I have to face a surgery like this again :)

Fingers crossed for you check-up tomorrow :fingersx:, and hoping all goes well.. Do let us know, won't you?

I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. Make sure you don't do too much and bring the pain levels up.

Implants are lasting 20+ years now, so you have more than time than you think to be surgery free!

Implant looks great and the doctor said my progress is wonderful. They lowered my pain meds yay no more morphine lol I start outpatient therapy in a few days. I'm walking almost normal already and am very very optimistic this time. Thank you to all you wonderful ladies for all your encouragement and for cheering me when I just wanted to give up and thanks for the amazing advice I've received from all of you
:roseshwr::loveshwr:

We are all like family on here and when one hurts, we want to help in any way we can. I'm so glad you got a good report and that this knee is the one!! You've been through a lot and now you are blessed that you're on the road to complete recovery!

Great news about your visit to the surgeon! :yes!: :yay: :happydance:
I'm really glad everything is going so much better this time.

Happy things are going so much better for you now. Settled in Texas?

I got my life back!!!!!! I went hiking for the first time in a year and made it a mile and a half!!!
I am so happy I hugged my doctor. I am so optimistic about my future now and I smile alot. The pain is tolerable and the swelling almost no existant. I haven't felt this great in so long :)

You have finally got a good knee! Bless your heart. You sure did go through it, didn't you? I'm thrilled to hear of your positive outcome! A doctor finally listened to you.

I'm so glad for you! You certainly deserve your knee to be good at last. :yes!: :friends:

Happy to hear you are able to start resuming your active life.

Ugh. Is it normal to still feel so tired after 4 months? I do still have moderate pain here and there that comes and goes but the fatigue... Ugh lol

Yes, it takes a while to get your stamina back. I wondered if I would ever walk fast again---but I do so often!! Just allow yourself to rest when you are fatigued and your body will heal itself.

At 5+ months I'm just starting to get some of my stamina back. I'm not as tired during the day but at night I'm exhausted. Unfortunately that doesn't always translate to a good nights sleep. That can still be quite elusive :yawn:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • mendogal
    Staff member since November 10, 2023

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
All2Gd88