Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

I'm very sorry to hear that you are still experiencing problems with your knee. You might want to contact the OS again since you are having so much instability.
 
Oh no, I thought you were doing well. I will pray for your recovery.
 
Theres a sharp object under the skin that feels like a screw and it moves and is very painful.
I hope my doctor checks this out.
I dont know how much more i can take
 
There's a sharp object under the skin that feels like a screw and it moves and is very painful.
I get sharp shooting pains in my knee that radiate down into my foot and its gotten worse since I saw him last.
Is this the same as the sharp pain mentioned above?

Can you tell me where this pain is using this chart?

[Bonesmart.org] Bruising 3 years out
[Bonesmart.org] Bruising 3 years out


My knee doctor has already confirmed that it is loose but didn't seem like he wanted to do anything about it at my last visit.
If it's loose, he can't NOT do something about it. It won't get better on its own.
 
@Josephine this sharp pain is different. It's a throbbing/stabbing pain and feels like I'm being stabbed from the inside by something sharp. The spot is located around CLF3 and is painful to touch. There is something small and round about the size of a screw sticking out and it moves. When I bend my leg I can feel THR top moving and the bottom can be physically moved.

The last doctors appointment I had, the doctor was able to move it confirming that it is loose and even said there was still some instability but said he couldn't do anything other than send me to pain management. I see him again on the 2nd as I've already fallen once because of the instability (thankfully didn't fall on my knee).

I am going to insist that he do a CT scan and if it is loose i will tell him to either fix it or refer me to someone that will. My quality of life is suffering horribly because of this.

@KarriB I had a full TKR in April that was by the original doctor and then a partial revision in September. Its been a hellish year :/
 
Well, if they know it's loose then they need to do something about it. That's just not on to refer you to pain management! And I bet it does feel sharp!

Can you not find a revision surgeon for yourself? If it were me, I really wouldn't trust him not to just refer to one of his buddies which might do no good at all.
 
I agree with Josephine. If your knee implant is loose, the surgeon who did it made some mistakes. I wouldn't trust him to recommend anyone.

You deserve better than this!

Try to find an experienced knee revision surgeon yourself. @Jamie may be able to help, if you give her your post code.
 
Please, please don't go back to this surgeon. It is inexcusable that he would just fluff you off to pain management if he knows the implant is loose. Please tell me your zip code and how far you would be willing to drive. I see you're in Texas, so if you're not near a major city, you'll need to travel. Also, I need to know who your surgeon was so that I can be sure we steer clear of his medical partners. You can PM me with any information you are uncomfortable putting on the public forum. If you post info here in your thread, be sure to tag me so I see the post quickly.
 
I've been following your thread for a few days. I would not go back to this surgeon. It is not ok that you are living with this sort of pain. By him ignoring your situation, I feel like he is trying to cover his tracks. He will have to file a new report with the insurance and they will start asking questions too.
 
@Jamie my zip code is 75020. The doctor that did my first surgery (TKR) Was Dr. Urbanzcyk. The doctor i see now that did the partial revision (there was instability before the revison its worse now) is Dr. Toulson.
 
I see the two surgeons you mentioned are fairly close to you. My suggestion is that you travel on to Dallas and have a consultation with one or both of these surgeons:

Dr Huo

Southwestern Medical Center
Patient and Physician Referral Services
6363 Forest Park Road,
Tower 2, Suite 200
Dallas,
Texas 75390-8848
Phone: 214-645-8300
Fax: 214-645-7999


broken link removed: https://dallaslimbrestoration.com/providers/buch.php - Primary and revision knee and hip surgery
The Dallas Limb Restoration Center
4001 West 15th Street, Suite 290
Plano, TX 75093
Phone (469) 443-0924
 
wow, you've been thru the wringer. I hadn't seen any posting for a bit from you, thought all your problems had been overcome.
Will pray that you get some good solid advice and medical help.
Sorry to hear your having issues.
 
went back and read some of your threads a bit back, so you had a time period that you felt ok for awhile and then it's like something came loose??
I agree with the others to seek out someone other than you've been currently doctoring with for some answers. You def don't have to go thru another long waiting period like you did prior to your revision.
 
@zzevi ive had problems pretty much the entire time. I was on morphine during physical therapy so i didnt feel much of anything, but the prosthetic has slowly came loose since the original surgery in april
 
I saw the doctor yesterday and he wants to do yet another revision. He said I have way to much instability and so he's putting in a bigger spacer. So I'm scheduled for April 5th to go under the knife for the 3rd time in a year. *sad panda* :(
 
@Xanaphia Hang in there it's sounds like Dr. Toulson has it under control. TKA is literally a game of milimeters, even the best Dr.'s in the world have to decide during surgery how tight to fit the spacer. They use all kinds of special tools and measuring devices to fit your prosthesis.

He corrected your knee cap/button and knows your leg now.

Good job with your complaint, nobody wants to hurt a Dr. but they did not treat you right.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom