Revision TKR Bruising 3 years out

Surgery has been scheduled for April 24th for yet another revision. I'm hoping this time its fixed right.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hope all goes well, keep us posted on how you are doing.
I assume you are getting a TKR and not a partial?
 
Which surgeon is doing this revision? And exactly what is he going to do? It's not just a spacer replacement is it?
Did you contact the doctors I gave you? You really, really must be in the hands of a good and experienced revision surgeon....someone who does this on a routine basis.
 
Please, please don't go back to the same OS for another try at it. Check out the OS Jamie has given you. There are only so many revisions you can have on your knee and you are too young to waste another attempt that may not go well.
 
I had a different surgeon for my 2nd surgery and I'm so glad I did. Even my original OS said the new guy was the one I wanted. Many docs won't or can't tell you to look elsewhere. I hate to see you go through another surgery that may not have a good outcome.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the ladies. Please, please go to another OS. Your doctor has already had 2 chances. Your knee's well-being is in jeopardy. We all care what happens to you and are praying for your correct decision.
 
I'll add to what the others have said: Your surgeon has had two goes at doing your knee and he hasn't got it right. He's had his turn. Time to get someone else, someone who knows all about how to do revisions properly, and won't muck it up this time.
 
@Pumpkln I already had a TKR last April by Dr Urbanzcyk. Then, in September i went to a new doctor, Dr Toulson, and he did a spacer replacement. Dr Toulson is doing the 3rd surgery and it's supposed to be yet another spacer replacement however he has me scheduled for 2 hours just in case the entire thing needs replaced which it probably does since the prosthesis is loose
 
Thanks for the update, glad you have another OS doing your revision, he sounds prepared for anything.
 
I appreciate your clarification as well. I took a look at Dr. Toulson and he appears to be an excellent choice for you. The fact that he's going to check out the loosening is right on target. I agree with you that you'll probably wake up to a completely new knee. And that wouldn't be a bad thing! Good luck!
 
Surgery was done this afternoon. Im in a great deal of pain, this hospital isnt managing my pain terribly well. Unfortunately the only thing done was a spacer replacement which means ill probably be looking at this surgery AGAIN in 6 months to a year and that alone makes me want to cry
 
Hang in there, @Xanaphia ! If a larger spacer was put in, it just might make a difference and will help your knee to feel more stable.

Keep on asking for pain medication until they get your pain controlled and you are on a regular regime of medications. That may require an adjustment of either the schedule or the drugs. Don't suffer in silence, and don't go home until your pain is well controlled.
 
I bet that larger spacer is going to work! As Celle said, keep asking for better pain control!
 
I think its worse this time. I only have an 80 degree bend.. way different than last time when i had 90 to 95 degrees :(
 
Your knee is probably really swollen. You know the routine. Ice, elevate, meds and lots of rest. Please don't fret. Your knee right now is not where it's gonna be! Give it the time and the BS recovery way it needs.
 
Is it normal to hear fluid squishing around your kneecap after revision?
 
I'm not sure what you mean about hearing fluid squishing. Is there actually any drainage? Does it have any color? How swollen is your knee?
 
Theres very little swelling this time around. My nurse said the noise is normal due to them flushing out the joint and the little bit of pus i seen was all ive seen.
Seems this time around things are gping much better, i have fantastic pain relief at home, good home health, very minimal pain, and much better mobility. I do believe my knee was actually fixed properly this time around. Even PT doesnt hurt like it did last time, at least not as bad
 
Don't let PT hurt you! And don't you hurt you! You know the Bonesmart way works if you follow the guidelines.

What good news that your swelling and pain is much less than last time! It sounds like it's going to be a very good knee!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom