TKR Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"?

@Wanttobebiking and @Thesoutherncook - The exercise my PT gave me is to stand on a stair with the operated knee and using a rail (or something to hold on to.. like a pole), put your weight on your operated knee while hanging the foot of your non-operated knee off the stair.. Start small, but bend the operated knee down and up a couple inches or so.. (10 reps to start). As you progress in growing strength in the knee, you should build to the point where you can eventually go down the stairs.. (Hope that makes sense.. ) I'll let you know how it works.. :)
 
I'm with you, @Braunzie, I don't know what I would have done without this site. I would have no idea about how to make Physio work for me and what to expect as each recovery week goes by. After working for 4 hours today I think I'll be able to start back full time next week. It's funny how easily things fall back into place. The only problem I had today was not being able to remember the key code for the washroom! That may have been menopause brain!

We go back to work knowing that we are not completely recovered but with the knowledge we have gleaned from the advisors, moderators and other bone smarties that have gone before us, we are better prepared to cope than we ever would have been without it.
 
I'm still not a stair pro, but what I find strange is everyone says 'up' is easier than 'down'... it's been the other way around for me.

That exercise is a very good exercise for strengthening the thigh muscles!
 
Well..... got my release to work from my OS today. He seemed really happy with my progress, especially my measurements, and wants to see me back in 3 months. So, tomorrow, back to the grind, just like none of this ever happened, right? :loll: ....Is it Friday yet? :heehee:

(I did ask him for an extension on my disabled parking permit - got it for another 6 months - just in case I really need it sometime. Not a problem. :))
 
Have a good work day, stop when you have had enough.
The permit will come in handy when you need close parking.
 
Have a great first day back at work. I find that moving my focus from my knee to my job is a welcome thing. You will be tired tomorrow night. Take good care of yourself and do not push too hard. It gets easier. I will be lolling around, so am glad you are picking up the slack!:heehee:
 
Thinking of you as you start back to work. I just contributed about $100 to your employer, just in case they want to give you a raise. Went in to get a couple of things. I have no idea how all those things ended up in my cart at checkout. Honest. They must have flown off the shelves when I wasn't looking. Always the case at Costco and Trader Joe's, isn't it?
 
Hi Braunzie, Congrats on passing your 3 month. I don't have my three month until October 22, which will be 15 weeks. But I see my PA for a snvisc injection in my non-TKR knee this afternoon.

Where do you work? I agree that work is a nice diversion. In fact my knee was not the first thing I thought of today upon waking it was WORK (think Maynard)! Good luck today!
 
@Braunzie, thinking of you today! Congrats on your doctor visit. I know your coworkers will be happy to see you, just don't let them put too much on your plate:ok:.
 
Good Luck heading back to work. I'm right behind you ! I just got cleared to go back Monday. Light Duty for a while, which is 90% of my job. 4 tens, then TGIF
 
So. What a piece of cake work was today!!! Funny.. got to my desk and read a note from the Admin.. "Welcome back! To celebrate, Kathy (my boss) is on vacation, Carrie and Greg are out sick (Manager and staff who sits close by), I (the admin) am out taking my son to the doctor and I don't know if Mike (one of my managers) will be in today.".... hahahaha! That with a vase of flowers and a really nice welcome back note from my management team... ) :loveshwr:

I was ready.. and it was nice to see everyone (who were (was?) actually AT work).. Spent most of the day telling the tales of my recovery and how I feel.. (that in itself took patience!!! told the story a number of times, but really appreciated the heartfelt care and concern of others.. :yes: ) Knee did well. I was limping a bit by the end of the day, but really tried to balance the walking with the sitting at my desk. (Didn't have to use any of the instant ice packs I brought in today .. just in case... ) That being said, SOO glad tomorrow is FRIDAY!!! Thanks everyone, for your support and encouragement for today..

@SarahJane - keep the contributions coming.. it lends to job security for me!!! :heehee: If it makes you feel any better, I contribute myself on a weekly basis.. :egypdance:

@Wanttobebiking - I work at the Costco Corporate offices.. I'm the Director of Enterprise Quality Assurance in their IT department.. Yes.. as I tell my managers.. It's NEVER boring! :heehee: Hope your injection went well today.. Are you back to work? (And where is that?)

Funny story (I think!).. So, being the first day back, I was a bit careful last night to make sure the alarm was set so I wouldn't oversleep getting back to work today. (Since I've been "living the life of Riley":snork:, I am not conditioned any more the way I have been for YEARS. ) My husband leaves the house at a Gawd-awful time, so I always set a second alarm for me.. This am, I got up, was getting dressed, found some clothes in the closet that I forgot I had, put them on, was pleased that they fit (was lookin' pretty good!!:yes!:).... was ready to go and remembered I got sidetracked before I finished putting on all my makeup. Went to do that .. and THEN MY ALARM WENT OFF!!!! :rotfl: I had dreamt all that!!! Once I realized it, I was a bit disappointed that I hadn't even taken my shower yet and had to start ALL OVER!!!! :rofsign: (I didn't find any magical clothing in closet that made me look awesome, BTW)... That is JUST WRONG!!!!! You have to wonder how the mind really works!!!!!

Good news .. got to work just a bit early.. Bad news.. it didn't even really matter.. I could have been about an hour and a half later, and no one would have cared!!! :rotfl:

Tomorrow is another day! :yay:
 
Love your update! I had to laugh over your dream! You must have been disappointed when you realized you had it all to do over! :rotfl: So glad your day went well. I thought about you several times and sent good wishes your way. TGIF! BTW, we do our part to keep you in business also, even though we have to drive to Atlanta to shop!

We are getting the torrential rains here in the mtns which makes me happy not to HAVE to get out today! One more good thing about retirement! :happydance:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yay....great first day back to work. Thanks for the update. So funny about your dream. I wake up so many times trying to figure out if I was dreaming or if these things really happened.
 
@Braunzie - Sounds like one of my oxy-induced fantasies. You are becoming our resident Joker, with a Knew Knee, of course. :yes:

Keep it up, kid. You earned it.
 
Back
Top Bottom