Guest viewing is limited

TKR Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"?

[Bonesmart.org] Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"? That I'd share a couple pics from my weekend.. I miss my photography!!! But, I'll get back in full force, one day....
[Bonesmart.org] Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"?
 
My job took me to Port Angeles a couple of years ago - took the ferry over and drove up, through Sequim area. The Pacific northwest in general is beautiful, but that area especially was gorgeous, think I could live there. Of course, anything other than the flat, somewhat treeless landscape of the Plains is beautiful to me.
 
Oops... Thought I was posting this on my thread.. no wonder I thought it disappeared.. - Sorry, @bdink21!! ... :whistle:
@Braunzie
I asked for it to be done and Judy (bottomshollow) moved your photo into your own thread, so it's where it belongs now.
Lovely photo, by the way!.
 
@Braunzie, thank you for posting. So nice to see another part of the country while I'm confined to a recliner and ice machine :heehee:. So nice to get my mind off the knees for a breather.

Your photos are beautiful.

Love those elk!
 
Nice report! I have never been to that part of the world. Can't imagine seeing elk!

I think you may be surprised by how quickly you adapt to being back at work. You are doing so well it will be fine. I am always surprised when I stand up from my desk and my knee reminds me that it is still recovering. I get so busy that I totally forget about it. Beautiful photo, btw. God did the work. But you framed and dialed the shot.
 
Thanks, @Slainte :) - Going back to work will be interesting.. It will definitely make the days go faster.. I feel I "should be" doing more these days.. but.. I'm glad I had all the time I did, rather than feeling I was going back too early.. Time will tell.. :yes:
 
11 weeks today. Had my last official PT appointment. Measured 133 / 0. Therapist was very happy with that. As was I. :yes!: (Not sad about the end of PT, BTW.. in case anyone was wondering.. :rotfl: ) - Coincidentally, my therapist is moving on to another place anyway.. I would miss her, otherwise.

I will be going back to work on Thursday.. Two more days of "rest" and taking it easy.. or at least being able to take a break when I want. If the truth be known, I wish I could just retire.. but.. I'm told, 4 years will "go quickly". I do think time will go more quickly once back at work.

Spent yesterday doing some "spring cleaning" in Fall.. Focused on the master bedroom closet. Husband helped and between the two of us, we spent about 3 hours culling out the clothes that we will never ever wear.. (Time to get rid of those blouses with shoulder pads??? ) Ok.. it's been a while since we did this!!! He finally acquiesced to the idea that he will NEVER spend the time learning to play the trumpet or the saxophone that he traded out services for years ago.. so they are now on Craigslist!! :heehee: I have a number of "old" cameras (one that takes 110 film!) that I don't even think anyone will be interested in (they are now on Craigslist too) , but either way.. they are out of my closet! Most of the 3 hours was spent standing... I finally got the point where I HAD to sit down.. Iced for a bit, but really, knee didn't feel any more stiff or painful afterwards that it "normally" does.

I actually slept last night WITHOUT a pillow between my knees! I was amazed, as I think I fell asleep watching TV and didn't think about the pillow. This is MAJOR progress! Woke up a couple times (while sleeping on my sides!!), but was able to turn and go back to sleep. Knee still hurt this AM - stiff, as usual, but I did some stretching and got up.. I have just resigned myself to dealing with the stiffness.. "It is what it is.."

Still need to work on stairs. Can go up with heavy reliance on the rail, but still have pain trying to go down.. PT gave me an exercise to work on that.

Have an appointment with my OS on Wednesday to get my release to work. Don't really have any major concerns. Still needing to work on patience, but I think I'm doing OK. Not riding 10 miles on a bike (@Wanttobebiking :yay:), but I can't really complain with where I am.. Well.. I could.. hahaha!. but only if I had unreal expectations.. And I have to give credit to this site that I think my "expectations" at this point have benefited from all the good folks and the administrators who have shared their experiences and chimed with solid support.. You ALL are awesome! I'm so better off where I am now because of you.. so THANK YOU!!! Here's to all of you!!! :cheers:
 
@Braunzie sounds like you are doing great! Congratulations. Cleaning my closet is something I haven't done in years. I bet it felt great. I have the same issue with stairs. Is the PT exercise the step down? Would love to hear what it is because it might help me, too :reading: Lately I have reverted to the down with the bad method. :sad:
 
Smart to go back to work on a Thursday. The weekend will come really quickly! And you will appreciate it.

I now have 3 years and 11 months until I can retire, but who's counting? :rotfl:
 
Back
Top Bottom