Guest viewing is limited

TKR Braunzie's Journey on "The Other Side"?

@Braunzie What WONDERFUl news! Soooo glad you have gotten relief for your back pain! :yahoo:
Your numbers are great! And it sounds like you did Ok on your outing. Fingers crossed that PT will helpful and not "pain & torture"! I hope that you will sleep like a baby tonight - no, better than a baby!
I've had a long 3 days and pushed activity to the limit, so icing, elevating and resting this evening right along with you... Pass the cookies, please!
Hugs from the Blue Ridge Mtns of the Deep South!
 
I am so happy for you. I'm glad the chiropractor could help and congratulations on your PT. Have a drink on me to celebrate. When I saw the OS this week I found out that a chiropractor can work wonders and 2 weeks after my surgery he recommended that I see one for foot cramps and hips. Maybe he can make me taller and not waddle like a duck when walking lol. It is so good the hear happy news :cheers:
 
Thanks, everyone so much! Slept MUCH better last night. Just woke up because of my knee a couple times.. Not bad! Back feels good this AM, but still had a couple of the "twinges" in my left foot when I got out of bed.. :sad: We'll see how that goes over the next few days..

@Wanttobebiking - I always hated that stretch too. I started doing it on my stationary recumbent bike, setting the seat as far back and then holding the peddle out with the stretch.. - I would then move the seat much closer to get a better bend in my knee as I peddled.. But yes! I don't have to work on that anymore! When I was on the bench with the PT yesterday and she was putting just a bit of pressure on my knee.. what used to very uncomfortable before, didn't even phase me this time!! I can even lie on my stomach in bed and it doesn't feel uncomfortable anymore from a stretching perspective.. :yes!: And .. Green Chili Powder has become a staple in my cupboard! :)

@Rob 68
What a grand report! It's so good I edited out all my downer stuff just to bask in the glow of your good day.
What downer stuff? What's going on? Anything we can do to help?? We ALL have ups and downs.. The downs are just as important so we can help.. :console2:

@Thesoutherncook - Hope you're feeling good today.. Thanks for the hugs.. We are talking about taking a vacation next year to the Blue Ridge Mountains next year. .. How's the weather there in June? :)
 
@Brauzie try some room temperature ginger ale with saltines. It helped me. You might call your GP and ask for something for your tummy. If someone can go to the drugstore for you they also have some OTC things you can take. Try to take things slow and get lots of rest. Wish I could be more help. :doggie:
 
@Braunzie - Put it all on my thread. Just talked with my OS's PA, and she said weather-related stiffness was common up to a year after surgery, and what I'm experiencing is fairly normal. She also recommended that I double up on the Aleve - 2 every 12 hours instead of 1 - to see if that helps. She's willing to prescribe more PT if I ask for it, but I really want to get it done by myself. I'm to call her back on Monday and update her on where I am then. Most alarming thing to me is bike time; I can barely do 6 minutes at 50 RPM, and I was up to 15-18 minutes before, often topping 90 RPMs with no ill effects. Stiffness seems to be concentrated at the top of the knee, where the quad muscles connect. I'm at a loss, figuratively and literally.
 
@Braunzie Isn't it amazing how much better we feel after a good nights sleep? My weekend trip to ATL and visit to the apple orchard and intense PT all caught up with me today! I "took the day off" ( says the crazy retired lady!) and piddled. I sliced apples ( and my finger!! ) on the mandolin this am for apple chips. Then worked on my watercolor painting for a little while. Just a lazy day! DH was happy to have me at home!

Blue Ridge Mtns in June tend to be hot unless you're at higher elevations. Depends on where you're going!
We are only 2200 ft above sea level, so it's usually quite warm here with highs in upper 80 to mid 90s. Late Oct is the prettiest time to visit and nicest weather!
Come on down, we'll give you a BIG Southern welcome! :welome:
 
@Thesoutherncook - You're talking to a Southern California girl.. hahaha! 80-mid 90s is NICE!! :yes!:.... but I have to ask.. how's the humidity?? Each year for the last 5 years we've been going on what I call my "sibling vacations".. My sister, her husband, my brother (who is not married), my "honorary sister" - who I've known since I was 18 months old - and her husband and then me and my husband. It's an ADULT vacation - no kids allowed.. lol! It has been GREAT! We consolidate each year from Washington, California, and Nevada and rent a house as our "home base". Then do day trips exploring the areas. We try to do some place new each year. (Living in Washington where it's grey and rainy much of the year, I like aiming for WARM, sunny places.) This year, our combined schedules look to have us targeting June.. So far we have done Arizona / Utah, New Mexico, Tucson AZ, Florida (Keys area), Louisiana. Lots of GREAT memories.. This year in Louisiana was when my knee went WAY down hill and it was from there that I called home to get a OS referral.. :sad: Hopefully next year I will be back to NORMAL with what I can do when we do our next adventure!!! :yes:
 
I want to see the Blue Ridge Mountains too and the Smokies. We went and saw the movie, "A Walk in the Woods," and the scenery on the Appalachian Trail was breathtaking.

I still get what seems to be weather-related stiffness too at 4 1/2 months. My PC doctor didn't seem to think it was unusual but hopefully, it will end after a year too!

I agree that chiropractors and massage therapists can be miracle workers!

Roxie
 
@Braunzie. Oh, we have humidity but nothing like LA! We are in the faaaar western corner of NC, close to TN, GA and SC. The folks in Raleigh don't even know we are here! And that suits us fine!! Your trips sound fun! We have a small family and Travel alone. We were in Belgium last year when my knee crapped out!!!

Finger is ok, just took off a small slice. Bled through a pile of bandaids before I resorted to gauze and tape! Pointer finger on right hand... Hard to type or hold a paintbrush! So, now I'm resting!
 
@Kansas Teacher Yeahhh! Actually, I had to do stairs in week 2 as our master bath shower sprung a leak and was taken down to the studs!! We looked like an HGTV nightmare! I can come up stairs fine, but still going down like a toddler. It will come, right??
 
@Thesoutherncook - Well, that's funny.. I never really thought LA had any really degree of humidity.. Of course, I grew up in "The (San Fernando) Valley" - I'm officially a "valley girl".. :loll:- if y'all know what that refers too!!! @SarahJane - can you chime in?? I know there were days that could be humid.. more so even when we moved to San Diego. But .. if LA has more humidity, then I'll be FINE in the Blue Ridge Mountains!!!!! :rotfl:

PS I hope I can be doing stairs by then!!! :yes:
 
@Braunzie, LA can also mean Louisiana. Which is considerably more humid than Los Angeles.

@Thesoutherncook, a party! Sounds like fun. I was born on the East Coast and miss both spring and fall colors. I'm still doing steps one leg, then bringing the next leg to the same stair, and so on. But I'm quite good at it, since I'd been doing that for years before the surgery, too. Who knows, maybe by next fall I'll be walking up and down stairs like a grownup! :D
 
@Thesoutherncook - LOL!!! :rotfl: Just goes to show I don't get out much.. or I've just been ingrained that "LA" means "L-A".. aka Los Angeles!!!!! :P .... so humidity less than LOUISIANA.. how 'bout "bugs" in June.. (mosquitos).. :) (I'm cracking up!!!!! )
 
Back
Top Bottom