Guest viewing is limited

Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel like I had taken 10 steps forward and now took 10 steps backward. So frustrated as well as scared
 
I'm hoping along with you it's nothing serous. Until you get your X-ray, do what you can to distract yourself (& get others to help), like watching a movie or two. I've got to get ready for my physio appt, but I'll check in later and see how you are doing. What time/day is it for you?
 
Just read through your thread again, Branluc. I'm thinking you will find out that you are simply under-medicated, and/or doing too much. You mentioned filling your rx for the narcotic, but what is your actual pain protocol? What are you taking, how much, and how often. This early out, it should be round the clock (every 4-6 hours, in a strong enough dose to be effective). If your instructions say 1-2, every 4 to 6 hours, are you opting for 2 every 4 hours till the pain is under control? If you are doing this, and STILL having that sharp awful pain, then I would worry too. But if not.....maybe that is all that is needed. I hope so! Good luck...we're all rooting for you.

Sharon
 
I had not been taking the narcotic version round the clock. Was using the weaker one during the day so as not to be too drowsy or dizzy. Until this occurrence today that was working fine. I took the narcotic and 1/2 of a Xanax after it happened. It was just a split second thing that just felt as if something moved slightly and then the pain shot down my leg. If I remember correctly this kind of thing happened before my surgery. Again. Praying its nothing serious. Very intense ache down my leg. Have it elevated. PT wants me to walk occasionally. So I'm trying. Getting out of bed is harder now than before this happened this morning
 
Hi branluc, how are you doing?
 
Lots of discomfort. Can't get comfortable no matter what I do. So disappointed . I did take the narcotic pain med a couple of minutes ago. Hope it works . Thanks octopus. Just hope ill be able to sleep. Dr is an hour away. Going to be a long day . Will keep you posted
 
Hopefully the stronger meds will give you some relief. I will be thinking of you.
 
Each week gets easier. Your body will let you know how much you should do. You will feeling better before you know it!
 
Hi Branluc, from my calculations it must be early morning for you. I'm off to bed shortly and wanted to wish you all the best for your day. I hope it goes well and that you get some good news. Best wishes.
 
Branluc Congratulations on your new hip and it sounds like everything is going well I am well impressed that you managed to put your make up on Well done you I am 3 weeks now and haven't achieved that I did put some perfume on today after my shower LOL
 
Not going so well. No sleep,last night. No energy. Don't know how I'm going to get ready and go to the dr this afternoon. I just want to stay in bed and hide from all of this. I also have no appetite and I'm sure that's not helping things. I'm guessing depression is setting in as well . I know I had no choice but to have this surgery but I never anticipated all of this and right now I wish I'd never done it. I don't want to sound whiny but I do want to be honest.
Thanks
 
Branluc, Hope everything goes OK with doctors today and it's something they can sort out quickly and get you comfortable.
I know its hard and scary at times. Feel free to vent on here we all understand the frustrations.
Sending Big Hugs
Barbara
 
I'm sorry you had a terrible night. I'll be thinking of you today. Do tell the doctor all that you've told us, about the terror, no appetite, feeling depressed, he can reassure and help you with these too. Hopefully you'll have some good news for us later, but if not, do keep coming back and let us know what is happening and how you are feeling. Whine, rant, scream, shout, don't worry we don't mind, it fact there's a huge amount of people here who understand!
 
Branluc hang in there, please, it will get better.
If you aren't eating well, that will contribute to not feeling well,
you need nutrition, your body needs it to heal, and your mind needs
it as well. So please try to get into the habit of eating regularly.

good luck with the appointment, let us know how it goes.
 
Eager to hear what you found out today. I'm sorry you've been having a tough time. As Dutch says, it will get better, and soon, I hope.
 
Sorry to report a broken femur. Second sugery Thursday. No words to explain how I feel
 
Branluc So sorry to hear your news. OS will get you fixed up and we'll all be here to cheer you on. I know you are discouraged dear but it will get better.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom