Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey ya never know:). Having my own clothes and makeup on just makes me feel soooo much better. I feel like me only better. Popcorn. Take it from someone who was terrified and obsessed over this surgery. It ain't worth it. Can't stress it enough. I know how hard I is let go and let god but do whatever you can.
 
Went for two walks and did stairs. So far so good. No real pain. More like an ache. And most importantly no more anxiety and stressing over an upcoming surgery. I feel free!!!!!!!!!
 
You are doing so well! What an awesome start to your recovery. I'm so pleased for you. :happydance:
 
Awesome to hear you are doing so well! Keep up the great work!
:yay:
 
So glad you are doing well Branluc! Everyday will get betterand better - and no more hip pain!
 
Hopefully getting out of the hospital tomorrow. Cannot sleep in this bed especially with these compression things. On my feet. Other than that. Prune juice was not needed. And I'm moving around pretty well. So far so good. And I'll say it again, 10 years of dreading this surgery is OVER!!!!!
 
Branluc I sure hope you get to go home today :) Nothing like the home bed.... What was your scret for not needing prune juice??? LOL
yes, you are floating with relief-- may we rent you out as a party ride? "Float the Air with Branluc, the world's only levitating Hippie"!!!!!!
 
@Branluc I did the same thing as you. Within a day I had my own nightshirt on and some make-up applied. It just made me feel more like myself. Congratulations on your new hip!
 
Agree designergirl Plus I always had big mirror and tweezers handy so the chin hairs didn't get out of control!
 
I made it home. Exhausted. Not as easy as I had hoped. I need some patience I want to just start running but of course that's not going to happen for a long time. It's all been worth it and the best is yet to come.
 
Branluc
[Bonesmart.org] Branluc has moved over!
​
 
Isn't it great being home at last? Now comes the tough bit where you have to keep reminding yourself that you have not been discharged from hospital because you are all healed and recovered but to heal and recover. That part has barely begun, so no running around, not even in your imagination!

And here's some very important reading for you to occupy your time!

First are the BoneSmart mantras ....
- rest, elevate, ice and take your pain meds by the clock
- if it hurts, don't do it and don't allow anyone - especially a physiotherapist - to do it to you
- if your leg swells more or gets stiffer in the 24 hours after doing it, don't do it again
- if you won't die if it's not done, don't do it
- never stand when you can sit, never sit when you can lie down, never stay awake when you can go to sleep!

And here are some very crucial articles
The importance of managing pain after a TKR and the pain chart
Myth busting: no pain, no gain
Swollen and stiff knee: what causes it?
Activity progression for TKRs

Healing: how long does it take?
Chart representation of TKR recovery
Energy drain for TKRs
Elevation is the key
Ice to control pain and swelling

Home physio (PT) and activity progress: suggestions
Myth busting: the "window of opportunity" in TKR
Myth busting: on getting addicted to pain meds
Post op blues is a reality - be prepared for it

And wise words from members who have shared their experiences ...
Where are you in recovery?? (TKR)
Five “P’s” of knee recovery
TKR: work “smarter” and not “harder”
Recovering a knee - from one who knows!
It's never too late to get more ROM!
It's worth the wait for ROM
 
I hope you have something to keep you entertained which will keep you seated for a while! Running isn't on your agenda for a while, but you need something to keep the boredom from setting in. Before I have another surgery, I'm going to have some projects lined up which I can do in my chair. There is only so much tv one can watch and keep sane and I couldn't concentrate well enough to enjoy reading -- unless it was a REALLY good book.
 
Branluc, congratulations on your new hip, I'm so happy for you! I'm having mine replaced on 4/1 and I'm very nervous too. Reading your posts from "the other side" made me feel a lot better already, I can't wait to join you on the other side myself.
 
how is it you get to go home so soon? Congratulations!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom