Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg Branluc, and you've been walking on it? No wonder you have been in pain. Did the doctor have some idea how it happened? Are you in hospital now?
I will be thinking of you on Thursday and hope it all goes well.
So sorry to hear about your friend's son. It is such a tragedy when a person is taken so young.
Ally
 
Thank you. Here I thought this was finally all behind me and I have to go through it again. So surreal
 
Leaving for the hospital now. The wAnt to manage my pain meds and now I'm on crutches so its not a good idea to be alone at night
Just unbelievable
 
Oh Branluc!!! I'm so sorry to hear this news. I feel for you facing surgery again so soon. It will be good to be in the hospital and be taken care of by some lovely nurses. Keep us posted, we are all here for you.
 
I'm just so exhausted from not being able to sleep with this pain and no appetite and now this. So weepy and scared. And is it the fault of the surgeon who's going to be doing it again? So many questions.
 
Oh, no. I am so sorry. I can't even imagine how you feel.
 
Have they told you how it's going to be fixed? Will they just fix the break?
 
Oh my Branluc , somehow I missed all this. This is awful for you-- but as Sharon said, the OS will fix you up. I know you are totally miserable right now, and I think you should share some of that with your hospital team too-- let them know your concerns right up front. I'm glad you will be under supervision tonight and tomorrow-- I find it comforting from your point of view. Prayers for you! ((((((branluc)))))
 
They have to put in a new replacement and put wire around the break. I'm in the hospital now. And scared. Good night all and thanks for the good wishes.
 
Branluc you're going to be a short wave radio receiver!! Wire twisted around a stick/bone/whatever. it will be fine-- somebody on here has this exact same thing in their signature; if I see it I'll tell you who. Let the nurses know you're scared-- I bet they can give you some I-don't-care medication, and you'll sleep well :) :sleep:
 
Thanks. So far the meds haven't worked. And I'd be very interested in reading about someone else who's been through this
 
[Bonesmart.org] Branluc has moved over!
and it will get better, Branluc. And you are not alone. We are all here to back you up and cheer you up and send you positive healing vibes and pray for you.

I'm going to tag Vida for you. She also suffered a break and had a revision. I'm sure she'll help in any way she can and answer questions for you.

Take care, sweetie, and keep us posted. We care.
[Bonesmart.org] Branluc has moved over!
 
[Bonesmart.org] Branluc has moved over!
and it will get better, Branluc. And you are not alone. We are all here to back you up and cheer you up and send you positive healing vibes and pray for you.

I'm going to tag Vida for you. She also suffered a break and had a revision. I'm sure she'll help in any way she can and answer questions for you. I have also changed the prefix in your thread title to Revision THR.

Take care, sweetie, and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] Branluc has moved over!
 
Haven't met vita yet. Looked around and saw some of her info. Slept a little with drugs. Do feel safer here with this diagnosis. They're being very careful with me. I'm just so concerned About why/ how this could have happened. Just a freak thing or more?
 
Branluc you know? The whys and wherefores of the broken femur are not really important now-- it happened, so it happened. And you're not the only one, so it's happened to other people too and you are not alone. What IS important now is the good care you are getting in the hospital today, and the fix-it surgery tomorrow. You will have a mended femur and a new implant, and only have lost 2 weeks of recovery time-- not bad at all!!
I'm going to tag Vida again.
Meanwhile, come on over to the social room, and look for the thread called In the Land of Limerick. You can help us write silly limericks!! :)
 
So does it happen a lot? I know nothing yet. Haven't seen the dr yet and really don't know a whole lot about this. You're right. It is what it is but I want my life back and my job back and although 2 weeks isn't a terribly long time when it's something I have to re do it feels like forever . Guess I'm just depressed. Not sure i have any silly limericks in me right now.
 
awwwwww.... you DO have something to do right now-- follow the road to recovery! :) I don't know if it happens alot, but Vida had a fractured trochanter, and somebody else has a broken and wired femur, I know I've seen that. You will get your life back, promise, but you have to work at recovery being your life for several months now. I know you miss work-- but think of the vacation you will be having while you are recovering! :) Nurse Mom here (me) prescribes humor as the best medicine. Find a funny tv show, a funny movie, read the limericks-- they really are silly, and we had a good time writing them. You may as well take advantage of our silliness :) :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom