Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JayceyM-My GP suggested Milk of Magnesia, Prilosec and a Probiotic all of which i purchased and used. Must say the Milk of Magnesia worked (won't give details) and am feeling a little less discomfort today. First time in weeks, though not 100% yet so will keep using it as needed. I've never heard of diclofenac but i will google it and check it out. I'm working with my PT now on the sicatic pain and they started laser treatments which they say they've had success with. i go for my second one today and supposedly takes 8 to 10 treatments to feel any significant improvement.
Liveringer-i may see a chiropracter either after or in conjunction with the PT depending on progress or lack of progress with PT. He has suggested an MRI should things remain the same so that's something i may have to do in the future.
Thanks for the responses. I need to get myself out of this slump. Its really been a depressing couple of months and feeling stuck in it.
 
Had no idea what diclofenac was so i just googled it. I am seeing my OS on June 12th. i am going to ask him about it for sure. thanks for the info.
 
My thoughts and prayers are with you as you go through, yet another, very difficult period.
Hopefully support of your bonesmart friends help.

Annette
 
Branluc hello! i was having my surgery the day that lst post was made.... I've thought of you often, but never searched for you. I see life is not all a bed of roses at the time. I hope things will improve for you-- you've been through a lot and deserve the best! :)
If you're having the same kind of laser I had, I noticed a difference in my groin and oouter hip (that was prbably bursitis) after two or three little 6 minute applications. I hope it's the same for sciatica and you!! :) chris
 
Hi Chris. Sorry I haven't been on lately. Things are still pretty much the same so I've been a bit frustrated. Seeing the PT 2 x per week and still no improvement. Had 4 laser treatments with no results. Now thy tell me if I want more it will be 50.00 each time so with my co pay this is just not possible. Seem to keep hitting walls. Have an appt with the OS on the 12th so ill find out more after they do an x ray. I hope you're recovering well from your surgery and thanks for post.
 
Branluc aw that is not good. I guess I sort of assumed that it would work the same for everyone...it's nasty to have to stop something potentially beneficial just because of managed care costs. But it's odd, isn't it-- I got mine for free with the co-insurance, for the max # of visits the ins co paid for. every one is different. Glad I'm not in that field....
Post again after your OS visit? :)
 
Dear Branluc I'm so sorry you're having a rough time with your recovery. It certainly has been difficult for you. It isn't easy for many of us hip patients. It's very discouraging to have continued problems. As Liveringer said, this site is a good place to get support and not feel alone. I understand how you feel, though. It's hard to post when you feel badly and have nothing good to report.
I hope things turn around for you soon. Maybe your OS will give you some answers. Good luck and keep us posted, because we're all here for you. Take care.
 
Hi Branluc Just wondering how things have been going for you. How was your appt. with the OS on the 12th? Any news or information? I hope you're doing better now. Take care and keep us posted.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom