Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went on my first outing. Got an ice cream. Quite an adventure and I'm exhausted. Slow but sure. The stairs were the challenge but with my daughters help I did it Yes I am from conn.
 
Branluc Ice cream! Lucky you. That must have been nice to get out for a bit and it's warm here today, too.
I'm also from Conn., but won't get too personal because we're on a public forum. Never know who's stalking our sexy, spanking-new, shiney hips!! LOL And our canes and walkers, not to mention our limps and scars! :)


(I've got hips only a mother could love )
 
I refused to go out with the walker. Once I felt comfortable with the cane I was ready, willing and able. I am totally exhausted but it was well worth it. Hoping I get a good nights sleep. That's the one thing I truly need. Off to give it a try. Thanks for the well wishes and enjoy our soon to be beautiful conn weather.
 
Branluc Dang woman going out for ice cream??? Good for you, you go girl! I actually had ice cream myself tonight but here at home. Good to see you out and about.
 
I actually went for dinner first (at our favorite hot dog joint). Then a vanilla cone dipped in chocolate. It was soooooooo worth it! I'm surprised at how well I'm doing with the cane. The pain is minimal . Shooting for a may 1st return to work date. Made my 3rd week check up a couple of days early to make sure that date will be ok with the dr. Have to admit I'm liking this life of leisure.
 
Branluc ahhhhh :) you sound very much better after that ice cream with chocolate-- let me guess-- Dairy Queen? those are the best! May 1 is, like, next week practically! Wowie zowies! So glad to hear you are having fun outings :) :) :)
 
Wow! You sound amazing. Ice cream is a great medicine. Hope you have a good nights sleep.
 
Great to get out and feel a little of the 'normality' of life returning... Good for you !
 
Oh man - I sure miss Dairy Queen! Good for you Branluc!
 
Branluc, you sound like you're doing fabulously! I'm almost three weeks out from my surgery and I still don't feel comfortable walking with just a cane outside, what a wimp I must be. LOL

Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything but my recommendation to you would be to wait a few more weeks before going back to work, especially after your ordeal. Your body has been through a lot lately, give it every chance to heal properly first. I don't know what type of work you do, I sit behind a desk all day and I don't feel near ready to get back to that yet.
 
I wouldn't call it fabulously but I'm progressing daily . And no, you are not a wimp. I've learned over the last several weeks that its all about our comfort level. A week ago I wouldn't even have considered a cane. Two days ago I just had this sense that it was time to give it a try. I was really scared so i stayed next to the walls as I navigated through my house . After that I took a couple of steps away from walls and counters and just gradually gained my confidence. Once I felt 100% confident I took It outside and I did have support both physical and emotional from my family. I don't know why after 2 surgeries on the same hip, but I don't have pain while walking with 100% weight on it. I am a bit stiff of course but I really don't have pain. The only time I have pain(more like an ache that radiates down my leg) is when I'm lying down and of course trying to get some sleep. I do accounting work so I am at a desk all day. The motivating force behind my wanting to get back to work Is interaction with people. I feel like I'm on house arrest. Can't take much more . Please don't judge yourself , take your time and do what makes you comfortable. I will of course discuss this with my PT and my dr before the final decision is made.
 
Branluc It is so great to see you doing so much better. Like I said before "You go girl" you are a champ!
 
The motivating force behind my wanting to get back to work Is interaction with people
Know exactly what you mean! I'm so lonely at home all day by myself. Unfortunately I can't return to work yet as I work in a behavioural school, which means on occasion, chairs might go flying. I'm busting to get back to work.
Looks like lots of day trips.
 
Great progress so soon. Congratulations ...the worst is over with.
 
Yes Allycat Im on the verge of depression. There's only so many talk shows and cooking shows I can watch. If I could do something to break up the boredom it wouldn't be so bad. Everyone I know works and I can't even clean so its starting to effect me in a not so positive way. You definitely need to be well healed before returning to work. That sounds a bit dangerous for someone who's gone through what we've gone through.
I hope the worst over Vida. Coming from a second surgery has made me a bit skeptical . I'm sure you're right but not in a million years would I have expected to go through what I went through. Waiting for that fat lady to sing .
 
I understand. I'm sorry you had to go through it twice but with the wire, things should be especially solid. My fracture was minor compared with what you went through but regardless, with limited weight bearing it was scary at times and recovery felt like it took forever. I certainly didn't expect that. Feeling depressed is normal. We all go through it. You barely hit the blues before you were back in surgery, so you can expect it to hit you now. My point is: I was a mess and thought things would never get better. But you should see me now.... leaping around all over the place. You can't visualize it quite yet, but you will be here soon.
 
Allycat I know just how you feel, how we all feel. I'm bored to tears, too. But it sounds like you do have to be ready to run at your school work! Yikes - don't want a chair flying into that new hip, now do we. You're smart to wait, that's for sure. I'm going to wait until I'm quite a bit better before I go back because my work can be physically demanding, too.
Branluc I'm itching to clean, too. I have been doing light housework, dusting, etc. No cooking, or heavy lifting yet. Frustrating, but soon enough we'll be back to normal.
 
Wow ByGosh and Branluc, I never had a major urge to vacuum or move anything. That's what children, spouses and really close friends are for: skivvying and removing unwanted hair that you can't reach. Oh and foot massages!
 
Vida Ohhhhhh, foot massagessssss..... Just saying it makes me feel relaxed. Wonderful, aren't they? My husband will rub my toes a little bit, half-heartedly, but at least it's something. Now a real foot massage would be just what the doctor ordered.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom