Revision THR Branluc has moved over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really - only to say you're bound to feel nervous for quite some time but eventually you will get your confidence back.
 
Branluc: are you full weight bearing? What restrictions do you have? What did the surgeon tell you? I understand your anxiety, given the situation. But as I understand it, fractures mend pretty quickly and within six weeks everything will be well cemented in and secured. I am sure they will x-ray you at 2 weeks, then if all looks good, again at 6 weeks. Just gently do bed exercises that you've been given (no weights,) stay off your hip as advised and rest, ice and elevate. No big car trips, except to the hospital, no long periods spent sitting, as it will be sore for quite a while. Don't do anything that hurts. Relax into your recovery and it will soon be all over with. It will seem slow and boring but its a small price to pay for pain-free mobility. As I said, in retrospect it is only a tiny speck in time. x
 
I was given full weight bearing but am not confident yet. Thanks
 
Wow, that's fantastic!! They must be very confident that you are strong. Just go slow.
 
It is a good thing that the dr is confident and gave me no restrictions however I need to reach that level of confidence as well. It's going to be a while but ill get there
 
When you are ready and feel confident, no need to rush... Recovery from a THR is a marathon not a sprint :)
 
Branluc, just checking in to see how you're doing this fine Sunday. You've been on my mind ever since I read about your incredible misfortune yesterday. Please stay strong and don't let this setback get you down, just take it nice and easy and give your hip and leg time to heal. :puppysmooze:
 
Hi lying in bed watching tv with my iPad. Have to admit its extremely painful and stiff. So hard to get comfortable. I try to walk a little bit every hour but let me stress "a little bit". I am being overly cautious . Its Really hard to get a good nights rest so I am very tired. I understand that under the circumstances this has to be expected. I'm in more pain than I was two weeks ago but less of course than before the fracture was repaired. Most of all I'm trying to be patient and keep my anger and disappointment in check. PT begins again tomorrow. Thanks for thinking of me .
 
Thru and thru I apologize for not asking . How is your recovery going?????
 
Branluc, you are doing it tough, there is nothing wrong with being cautious.. A very dear friend of mine said to me early in my recovery....

Slow and steady, wins the race, because it is a marathon not a sprint.. Wise words, don't you think?

Check out the social room, there are also lots of word games if you are into that.. I love scrabble, so spend spare moments trying to outdo the developer :rotfl:
 
I agree with Poppet ,slow and steady is the right way to go. Weeks ago in my recovery I read about many Bonesmarties issues with PT and I wondering if I should be booking into more PT. Well I didn't and am glad I didn't. So far I have not had muscle aches that have lasted more than 24 hours. The key is to balance an activity day with a rest day. I think I'm lucky, as my body lets me know when I should push and when I should let it go. Either that or I am in tune with my body. Go slow, you will get to the goal, maybe not as fast as you want, but with less aches and pains that take more time to get rid of.
 
Branluc I'm watching you keep up with continued progress. It may be slow but it is progress. Take care!
 
Branluc everybody has such good advice I have nothing to add. But here's something-- it's a marathon, not a sprint, and you will WIN before me!!!!!!You will always be there before me!!! I will always be able to ask YOU for advice about this or that!!! :) :) :) :) I'm thinking of you lots :)
 
zauberflöte Chris your day is coming real soon isn't it. It will be here before you know it telling us how you were doing. This site so far has been very helpful that is making my recovery go as smoothe as possible. When I was in the hospital I told nurses about this site and told them to let the patients know about it for support when they get home. They said, they didn't know anything like that existed out there. Main goals everyday take meds (stay ahead of the pain), ice, elevate, rest and don't cheat PT.
 
Hi Branluc, so pleased to hear you are nicely settled back home now and that you managed the steps okay :) Your confidence will have took a battering but you will get it back with each small milestone. Slow and steady as everyone says.

Hugs

Ann
 
Branluc I think it's good to be cautious now until you feel stronger and have less stiffness and pain. Go easy. You need to rest alot, since this is your second major surgery in a short time. That's stressful for you emotionally and physcially. You need to recouperate and heal.
I'm so glad the worst is over and you can begin your recovery now. Good luck.
 
PT was here today. Says I'm doing well. Dr wants me to walk 200 yards a day. Not pushing it but doing my best. Also lots of other exercises . Getting my strength and courage back slow but sure .
Thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom