Bilateral THR Both Sides NOW!

Happy Easter Deb,

Hope you are having a beautiful weekend and feeling good!

xxooxx
 
Happy Easter Sunday Deb,

I am sure you had fun with your friends. How did the littlies go with the EB?

Lots of love
Xxx
 
((((Sarah)))) ((((Sandy)))) Thanks for the Easter greetings - I sure hope both of you had a blessed day :)

I had fun with my friends - went over early to help Mary (my housemate's mother) get ready as she has had some health problems recently - So I dusted her living room, dining room and den, sliced eggs for making deviled eggs, cleaned the patio table, carried things out to the table, bantered with Mary's POSSLQ ( acronym invented by the US Census bureau back in the 60s and means "persons of the opposite sex sharing living quarters") and generally made myself useful :biggrin: I also took a longish walk with my housemate's main squeeze (B) (there needs to be a better word, "girlfriend" just doesn't sound right when they're both in their late 30s, "lady friend" sounds too distant, and significant other, well, that's too general IMO- and at this point anyway they are not officially engaged and do not have POSSLQ status) .... any way she and I and her 5yo daughter (I) walked down Mary's street for about 1/2 mile, found a sadly abandoned house, enjoyed the sunshine and flowers, and walked back - trying to keep up with the 5yo - that part was challenging - but the down hill and then up hill and the walk was not challenging ;) :yes 4:
When we got back the others had arrived
(Mary's sister, S, and her SO L, her daughter R and husband F, their little boy L, and my housemate Eric - a total of 9 adults and 2 kidlets) - and the kids, I and L both age 5, went off on their Easter egg hunt - B had stashed plastic eggs all over the yard and had hidden several toy gifts for each child also - it was great fun watching them discover their treats. The weather was beautiful! Sunny, warm, nice gentle breeze - and Mary's yard was gorgeous with spring flowers and flowering shrubs and trees, a lovely koi pond, and very large lawn for the kids to play on.
Then we ate - and ate - and ate! Grilled chicken, grilled sausages, baked beans made from scratch, shrimp, potato salad, deviled eggs, fruit salad, grilled salmon, several other salads, several kinds of chips and dip - groan - I am so stuffed I could barely waddle out to my car to drive home - and there is a mound of left overs in the fridge that Mary insisted I take along with me.

Last week I spend quite a bit of time cleaning out closets and storage areas - it was so nice to be able to get down on the floor and reach things that needed hauling out into the light of day (some had not seen said day light for years!) and to be able to climb my little step ladder and reach things off the upper shelves - without pain, without worrying about how I was going to get back up - or down, and now the house feels lighter. Spring cleaning for me is clearing space making room for new things and opportunities to come in. Now the back of the car is again filled with things to take to a local charity - Mundane though it maybe this is also a miracle - last year I did not do spring cleaning - nor fall cleaning - because it hurt too much and had I gotten on to the floor I'd probably have had to wait until housemate got home from work before I could get back up! Next week - weather permitting - I start tackling outside storage space! Ready or not, garden shed and under the porch, here I come! :giggle:

Life on 2 new hips is very good! :yahoo: I am amazed and grateful every day at this wonder of modern medicine - and grateful for my OS, the hospital, the OS staff, and all the wonderful folks here at BoneSmart! I could not have gotten this far without your support and the wonderful information and experience represented here.
 
Deb,

I love the term "main squeez" hehehe that made me giggle! Wow the food sounds delicious you know I'm reading all that and completely dribbling on myself darn these diets, i still haven't cheated WEW!

Wow active too, I've been doing some spring cleaning types of projects things I had put of before. I think new hip-hips springs forward even more it's a fabulous feeling YAY!!

Love ya!

xxooxx
 
I popped on over to your thread Deb, coz I heard there is a party going on over here for the next 9.5 days.... Someone is turning 65????

Forget about the past, you can't change it.
Forget about the future, you can't predict it.
Forget about the present, I didn't get you one."
- Unknown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Wrinkles should merely indicate where smiles have been."
- Mark Twain
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"They say that age is all in your mind. The trick is keeping it from creeping down into your body."
- Unknown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm at an age when my back goes out more than I do."
- Phyllis Diller
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We know we're getting old when the only thing we want for our birthday is not to be reminded of it
~Author Unknown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You're not 40, you're eighteen with 22 years experience. (change as appropriate)
~Author Unknown
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.
~Larry Lorenzoni
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I like my bifocals,
my dentures fit me fine,
my hearing aid is perfect,
but Lord I miss my mind!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
finally got your head together, and now your body is falling apart
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There is a world record that
I think that you will break
Some time in the next few years -
It's "candles on a cake."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You've had many many birthdays,
Too many for me to mention,
But there are still one or two more
Before you start to draw your pension.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes the best things in life happen after you've done what you're "supposed" to do and are free to follow your dreams
 
Thanks Sandy! I love the quotes :) But you missed one of my favorites - "Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional" :th_heehee:

In my head I'm about 45, most days my body (other than the right shoulder) feels like I'm about 55 and the hips are even younger - the shoulder though thinks it's about 90. I look to my aunts and uncles for inspiration - most of them are still going strong at 80+
 
Happy Belated Birthday Deb,

Sorry I missed it. Hope you had a fabulous groovy sparkly wickedly super duper day!!

Lots of love,

xxoxooxxooxx
 
You're not late, Sarah - my birthday is next Thursday - the 19th :) Thanks for the greeting any way, ya can never have too many "happy birthdays" :snork:
 
That is darling, Sandy! Thanks - I'm adding it to my collection of special day songs :)
 
Oh and I had to rewrite one of your great quotes -

You've had many many birthdays,
Too many for me to mention,
But there are still one or two more
Before you start to draw your pension.



You've had many many birthdays,
Too many for me to mention
But there'll be quite a few more
Now that you're drawing your pension.
 
To my good friend Deb - five days to go until your special day... Counting down with a wish each day because you are loved so much and have been there for so many BoneSmarties... Love you Deb... Saving the best for last


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZo62fkt5Lg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

p.s. Do you get to draw the pension at 65 in the US?... They make us ladies wait until 67!

Lots of love my happy, happy friend :)
 
Sandy - due to employer administrative snarl ups beyond my control ( and definitely not my fault) I was put out to pasture a bit early (my actually retire date was 4/26/11 so I'm coming up on one year out of the work force) - generally in the US you can retire whenever you want to .... if you have the $$ to do so - but you get less $ from Social Security (government retirement program) if you retire early than if you wait until you reach at least 65. I am fortunate to have both the government retirement and a pension from my employer - so I'm not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination - but I'm managing OK - got enough for essentials and a bit extra for fun :) As my job was very stressful - mostly because of administrative hoo-ha, BS (and that does not stand for BoneSmart!), and snafus, fubars, and other drek - I'm actually quite glad I did retire when I did - my poor colleagues have been through H **L in the last year!
 
I am pleased you retired when you did Deb by the sound of it..

Working life seems to be stressful all over the world now a days.. I know it certainly is here.

We won't be wealthy, but like you, will be glad to get free of the politics etc..

119.571 weeks for us.. Must admit the weeks are passing like a blur..

BoneSmart and all the wonderful friends, support and fun we have here helps enormously.. I am very grateful to all of you xxxx
 
The hips are doing great! I'm bopping around doing ordinary stuff with no pain and increasing flexibility and ROM -- still can't quite get the right sock on by lifting right leg up - but can get it on easily by bending over (from sitting position) so the Sock-Aid has been relegated to a storage drawer :biggrin: Sleep is generally great although the shoulder has woken me up a few times in the middle of the night. And fat cat M'Toulin has decided that sleeping on the pillow next to my head is her place and she seems to purr all night long though that is quite a soothing sound but it does seep into my dreams sometimes in odd ways. She also has decided that 0'dark30 is breakfast time - sigh I've tried to re-educate her but she is persistent. Her sister Mihku sometimes comes on the bed too though she does not stay very long especially if M'Toulin is already there. :cat-kittyandsmiley: :th_heehee: :cat-kittyandsmiley:

But alas the right shoulder now is getting worse :cry:- saw PT last week after doing their shoulder exercises for a couple of weeks - no improvement and pain was increasing. So she said back off the exercises and just do gentle stretching. She did a gentle session of moving shoulder through passive motions which felt pretty good - but positive effect did not last very long. She also suggested I see my primary care doctor and ask re steroid injection

So yesterday I saw my doc - Dr H has been my primary physician for over 10 years and I like him a lot - lol when I first met him though he seemed very young and looked sort of like Dougie Howser - and he is quite handsome! :cool:He's a wonderful, personable doctor who has mastered the fine art of working my HMO's complex computer charting system without having to watch his hands typing - And this visit he said he had a much better appreciation for what his older patients are going through now that some of the problems of aging are starting to appear in his own life.

So after exam and discussion I opted for the steroid injection - way back before my hips got really bad I had 2 injections in right hip - the first one helped a lot and effect lasted for almost 2 years! But the 2nd one did not help much - guess (from what my doctor said) first time arthritis was just getting started and I also had bursitis in the hip - and 2nd time though symptoms were about the same the problem really was arthritis without the bursitis.

So shoulder injection I hoped would help - so far that does not seem to be the case though. Dr H had difficulty getting the medication "under the bone" - and the first try was quite uncomfortable - sense of pressure through my shoulder, upper right back and upper right chest too. I had a bit of relief of pain for a couple of hours from the local anesthesia that was included with the steroid - and Dr H said to wait a week or so to see if there's any improvement. Today the shoulder is achy though ROM is slightly improved. So if this does not help it's off to orthopedic surgery again - to a shoulder specialist - probably a different doctor than the one who did my hips - :dev-godseesaw:

Thanks Sandy and Sarah for your early birthday greetings - I appreciated them! B'day celebration is going to be low key this year - dinner out with some of my favorite women friends - I'm also trying to decide what to buy myself for a special treat - don't need new clothes, and at my age I don't really want or need new "stuff" - I'm thinking maybe a bicycle - or saving for a airplane ticket somewhere - would love to go see my son on the East Coast - though that is hard to arrange given that he is in the Navy and it's hard to pin him down on his schedule - or maybe go visit my brother on Martha's Vineyard this summer - or go attend my high school reunion - or .... possibilities are endless :th_heehee:
 
Dearest Deb

I so wish I could be there with you and your girlfriends tomorrow (19th, cuz I am already early 18th) to celebrate your special birthday - 65...

So sorry about your shoulder... Do hope the injections kicks in and gives you some relief.

Anyway as I can't be there, I sent you these ahead of your special day 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLj5ewYWKww&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hyJsoPosCE&feature=youtube_gdata_player


Lots of love
xoxoxoxoxox
 
Hey Deb,

Sorry your shoulder is causing problems, grrrrrrrr! I did something not sure what to my shoulder a couple of years back, I thik it was from traveling-flying etc, it lingered forever then got so bad I could hardly reach back and hook my bra, completely miserable. I went to see a shoulder specialist and they put me on a course of steroids, and some PT and it all worked nicely, hope yours is that easy! I just remember it being super painful at the time, so I'm sorry!

Love the idea you are planning a treat for your birthday, fun!! The trips sound good and the bike, why not get both?? I'm big into self treats hahahaha! Hey you only live once soooooo why not.

xxooxx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom