Bilateral THR Both Sides NOW!

Hi Deb,
Great to read your update, and the reunion and trip is not far away now. I liked your little smiley face icons positioned through your posting.
I meant to reply earlier but our home was broken into last Friday, my laptop, ipod, and family members other small IT electrical things stolen.
Certainly an awful feeling to come home and find thieves had been going through all our things. Luckily we had home contents insurance but very annoying and inconvenient as these days most people have so much personal info on their computers, as did I. I had a bit of a problem trying to log back into bonesmart, even now I cant change my password from the temporary one I was sent.I shall stop by over the weekend when I have more time, for now just wanted to say Hi!
 
Hiya Deb,

Just catching up, wow! Not long now for the big adventure... I feel so excited for you knowing how long you have have been looking forward to this and isnt it wonderful that it is all falling into place with various family members... so, so excited for you hon!

Big, big hugs xxx
 
Hi Deb,
Great to read your update, and the reunion and trip is not far away now. I liked your little smiley face icons positioned through your posting.
I meant to reply earlier but our home was broken into last Friday, my laptop, ipod, and family members other small IT electrical things stolen.
Certainly an awful feeling to come home and find thieves had been going through all our things. Luckily we had home contents insurance but very annoying and inconvenient as these days most people have so much personal info on their computers, as did I. I had a bit of a problem trying to log back into bonesmart, even now I cant change my password from the temporary one I was sent.I shall stop by over the weekend when I have more time, for now just wanted to say Hi!

Drat Sue! That's really awful to have your home broken into and getting your things stolen!! :hairpulling: I've had that happen to me in the past too - a really horrid experience and it took quite a while and multiple home security revisions to feel safe again. Have you checked over on the "bugs" forum to ask about the password issue? Surely some one of the wonderful tech knowledgeable folks would be able to help you with that. :sos: I sure hope your insurance gets your home and belongings sorted out quickly :friends:
 
Hiya Deb,

Just catching up, wow! Not long now for the big adventure... I feel so excited for you knowing how long you have have been looking forward to this and isnt it wonderful that it is all falling into place with various family members... so, so excited for you hon!

Big, big hugs xxx

Thanks Sandy :) I repacked again yesterday - had to see if new shoes I got went with the dresses I'd packed .... and try to fit in a couple more pairs of slacks .... and rethink the "outfits" I'm taking .... and see if I could heft the suitcase :groan: ..... thankfully I don't have to change planes on this trip so I don't have to worry about getting to a connecting flight on time. I want to take some pictures of my feet in sand - or maybe me standing on the deck of a sailboat - or dancing at the reunion .... or something (staged probably) showing this LOL (little old lady) loling while doing something athletic or outrageous :happydance: :cocktail: :spin:
 
Sounds wonderful Deb, can't wait for the photos.. You so deserve this, you have done so well with your hips, never faltering, always encouraging others... You are a true trooper!

Now go out there and have some fun my dear friend xx
 
I've been peeking in some other threads by current New England residents and boy am I feeling nostalgic! :yes!: They keep mentioning places I knew as a girl and I'd love to go back and visit many of them. Alas I'm afraid I won't make it over to the western part of Vermont to see my grandparent's home in East Middlebury, Vt - they lived across the street from the Waybury Inn (which I just learned through Google is still in operation and looking as lovely as I remember it) and grandpa was general factotum for the Inn - he cured all their bacon for them (among many other things he did) - I have never had bacon that good since! Best breakfast is IMO - grandpa's bacon, grandma's toasted home made bread with fresh butter and homemade strawberry jam, and fried eggs! :ok: With fresh squeezed orange juice. And to get to the grandparent's place we had to drive over Squeaky George - lol childhood mispronunciation of Queechee Gorge - a beautiful recreation area. And Lake Champlain where my uncle had a cabin - wonderful vacations with all the cousins there and where I learned to paddle my own canoe lol in more ways than one. :) But I am going to be able to see my brother's ex wife and my dear friend Beth - she was my doula when my 2nd son was born. So I'll get to see Brattleboro and go past my very first professional work place .... and maybe stop in and see my old prep school - I'm not going to be in the area for their reunion unfortunately but it would be fun just to drive around the old place and see how it compares to what I remember. :thumb:

Well I've got the suitcase out and have started trying to put together outfits to take along - and have rides to and from the airport arranged - and have stocked up on cat food and kitty litter as my house mate will be doing kitty care while I'm gone :kittykiss: (heard a cute one on a different board - person was getting over some illness and referred to her cats as "purramedics" and I guess those with dogs could call them dogtors :puppysmooze: ) - and am squirrelling away some extra $$$ for the trip. I have maps and directions printed out for the reunion - have all important phone #s programed into my cell phone. Have stocked up on crossword puzzle books and a couple of good mysteries for the plane trips. Finally pinned my brother down and all is AOK there :) Now off to check on ferry schedules to the Vineyard to see when I have to be there to get over to where my brother lives - ahhhhh salt air, and sandy beaches, and sailboats, .... there is this "look" to the Cape - you can tell when you're getting close - the trees thin out and get smaller and more wind gnarled and the sand begins to collect along the side of the road - and you can smell the sea and the myrtle.

Had another massage session and I must say he is a wizard! The shoulder is not twinging at all today! He did something to a back muscle -trapezius (sp?) I think - and amazingly that seemed to calm down a lot of the shoulder owies. It often does not feel terrific while he's working on me - but "it hurts so good" :groan: - and when it's over the improvement in function and feeling lasts for quite a while .... pity I can't pack him in my suitcase - but he's off on vacation himself - off to Hawaii lucky fellow with his main squeeze ;)

Well off to check on those ferry schedules :friends:
 
djklaugh;

Oh Deb, you painted a beautiful picture in my head of what is ahead for you on your long awaited holiday.. I am going to keep coming back to your thread to re read it when it gets miserable here..

Have fun, lovely lady and come back to us safely - lol xxxxxx
 
You sound fantastic, and your upcoming trip sounds wonderful. Gives me hope for getting my life back. How close will you be to Burlington? I'll shoot you a pm. ... And congratulations on getting rid of the extra weight, now THATis also a big accomplishment., cathy
 
Cathy - I am hoping we can indeed meet up - I've sent you another PM with my itinerary :)
 
Well the next post from me will be on the "do you set off alarms at the airport?" thread! My neighbor and dear friend, Laura, is driving me to the airport this evening and tomorrow morning I'll be in Boston meeting up with my brother :happydance: I just got back from getting $$, haircut and some snacks for the flight. Bags are all packed and hopeful the checked one is under 50lbs - I tried really I did to keep it light! Mihku and M'Toulin each tried to "pack" themselves a couple of times and were quickly escorted out of the area! Sorry girls this trip is not for you! :kittykiss: :kittykiss: Plus while cat hair is a fashion accessory in my house I'd rather not take a lot of it with me! House is tidied up (sort of), litter boxes are clean, laundry is done, instructions and #s for house mate are written out, ...... I am so ready - and still have to wait about another 6 hours to take off. :egypdance: (we need a twiddling your thumbs emoticon)

I'll have my laptop with me so will try to post some interesting stuff - and let you all know if there are any hippie issues - though I doubt there will be other than possible alarm setting at the airport ;)
 
I recently flew and there were no issues at the airport, hope you don't have any either. See you in Warren soon :SUNsmile:
 
Hiya Deb, have a wonderful holiday honey, will be looking forward to hearing all the great stories :)
 
OK I'm going to try this again - tried once before to add pictures of my trip - and they were too big
 
Hey deb, haven't heard from you in a bit. How are things going with you? just checking in, cathy
 
Hey Cathy - thanks for checking in! I was thinking of you the other day - looking at the great pictures of the two of us in Vermont :) Wish I could figure out how to resize it so I could share it here. Alas each time I've tried to upload it I get the "file too big" message. I'm doing well - been busy with household projects and parties. Already I want to go back to New England ;) I had a great time with my brother - we went boating, swimming in the ocean, played with 3 big yellow labs :puppysmooze: , went off roading in brother's jeep (that was rather like riding a bucking bronco!), ate delicious food, went shopping, and I even (sort of) rode a horse! LOL well I rode a carousel horse anyway - the Flying Horses in Oak Bluffs, Ma is the oldest indoor carousel in the US. It was wonderful to spend time with him and his wife - another lol - did set of alarms at the airport on the way home - but TSA was very polite and professional - though she did not want to see my scars.

My stepbrother is going to be having hip replacement surgery some time soon so I've been talking to him a lot - and a close friend is having knee replacement surgery in October - and I will be her in hospital advocate plus transport person to and from the hospital. I've told both of them about BoneSmart but I'm not sure if either of them has found their way here yet.

The hips continue to be terrific - I am grateful :bow: everyday for my surgeon, the PT gals, all the other medical people, and for BoneSmart for helping me come through this surgery so well. I went shopping today and spent a couple of hours in the store, loaded groceries into the car, toted it all into the house, put everything away - and was grateful for no pain and good flexibility through the whole process. The shoulder - meh - it's a bit better since the cortisone injection - but still is painful and not very flexible. But since it's not a weight bearing joint it doesn't interfere too much with my activities - except lifting things over my head, reaching behind my back, folding anything bigger than a hand towel .... but I have an appointment to see a shoulder surgeon the end of September so I'll see what he has to say about it.

A year ago I went to my nephew's birthday party and was hobbling around with a cane - and could barely climb the 6 steps up to the house - and spent most of my time sitting on a cushioned chair in one spot cuz it hurt too much to move. This year I went again to his b'day party - and wandered all over the area, stood and talked to folks, danced :egypdance: , sat on hard benches, laughed, and had a marvelous time - several folks who'd met me last year were amazed - and delighted- to see the "new" me :) I'm never going to be athletic - but being able to do mundane things in comfort and enjoy the things I do do - that is a lot to be thankful for :)
 
Great update deb. sorry you can't figure out how to do those pictures , ya gotta love technology. Sounds like you are doing great - glad to hear it. You were walking fantastic to me when we met. Sorry about the shoulder. As I said, hopefully you won't need surgery, but if you do, been there done that, so you'll have a shoulder resource. I can't remember if you tried PT for that or not. Might help :what:

So great to have a measurement like your nephews party to see how far you've come. Dancing? You go girl :yes: have a great rest of what's left of the summer and really glad you are doing well. Take care, Cathy
 
Hey Deb, did I just read on Cathy's thread, you are off socialising... I am so thrilled that you have taken control of your life back and are having so much fun... go girl :)
 
"I'm never going to be athletic -but being able to do mundane things in comfort and enjoy the things I do do- that is a lot to be thankful for"

Can I hear an AMEN, sisters and brothers?

Deb, seriously, I am so right there with you. Every single day I am thankful for those things I do that may seem mundane to others, but I can do again, and without pain. Our lives shrink so when we are living it in constant pain. This surgery gives us back a life with such expanded boundaries. Walking, talking, dancing, and laughing for the pure fun of it!

Hugs
Suki
 
Thanks Suki! What a difference a year .... and a surgery make! Last night I went to a release party- and went to that after driving 3 hours through heavy traffic from Portland to Eugene (heavy traffic because it's the first football game of the U of O season today - Go Ducks!)
- My nephew's band, Sol Seed, is releasing their first full length CD. I went with a dear friend of mine and the two of us probably were the oldest gals there - but we sure had fun! We danced and laughed and had a couple of drinks and I got to introduce my friend to some of the band members. Now folks this was not ball room dancing! Nope - Sol Seed plays Reggae! Fast, energetic, lots of bouncing up and down. I have not danced so much - or so energetically - in years! And nary an ache or complaint from the hips or muscles today! Some say that 65 is over the hill - I say it may be over the hill but what a fun ride down that hill!

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
-Hunter S. Thompson, "Gonzo"
 
Hi Deb,

You are such an inspiration to all of us. I'm very happy for you and glad you rebounded so quickly with you new hips and now living, laughing and enjoying life. Lovely gift to enjoy! I love my new hip everyday gets better.

Lots of love xxooxx
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom