TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
So good to hear you are doing well. So you have to do stairs before going home? You're a trooper, I do not know if I would be brave enough to do 20 steps like you have to do! However, there's no place like home & I know you can't wait to get there! My big day is Friday. Your experience encourages me; I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning, very anxious. Take care, I'll be watching for updates.

Joanne
 
Hi Brenda...sounds like you are doing fine. The outside and slightly thigh ward to each of my knees was swollen so much...looked like 2 stuffed chipmunk cheeks...these have gone down considerably now. Everyday there are improvements. You will also have the healing power of your fur baby at home. Take care Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
A fake car? wow....my hospital had 4 stairs set up and you had to do them to get discharged..Home today Brenda and you will feel even better...

Vinny
 
Best of luck. Ouch ouch. Staples. I would be nuts. I had glue.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Brenda - Are you home safely up the stairs and tucked into your nest?
 
Good morning Brenda and Gru! Hope you are home now settling in...sounds like you rocked it at the hospital, way to go! Now the REAL fun begins! You will do fine without the hospital staff, just a little un nerving at first...will you have people at home to help you out? When does Fenway get to come home and see Mommy???? Keep up the good work! I have a PT appt today and not really looking that forward to it, but I must do my best to get the best out of my knee! Have a GREAT day!
 
Hi Brenda,
Hope you're home and resting by now. There's no place like home!
 
I'm sorry to chime in so late...but it is really great to hear you are doing so well. And, I totally agree with kaw205--there is no place like home. From my limited experience, I can tell you to take your pain meds on schedule (there are only about a million ways your knee will feel pain), elevate and make ice your best friend. Hope things continue to go well...
 
Brenda..hope you at home resting with a cuppa and your fur baby curled up next to you. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Good Morning Everyone!!

I made it home and up the stairs rather easily but I am extremely glad I don't have to leave the house till the 19th! I had planned on coming online to update everyone but I slept like a rock, woke up to take my meds and tried to eat a little as I find when I exhaust myself I get very nauseous and then I slept another 5 hours, then went to bed. I made sure to take my meds every 5 hours as they increased the dosage amount and drank lots of water but mostly I slept. Guess my body needed it.

Today I am waiting for the visiting nurse to come and set up my PT schedule and I will be alone for about 5 hours when my son goes to school but I am very comfortable getting around the house so I should be good.

Thank you for all the support, I appreciate it more than you all know.

xoxoxoxoxo
Brenda
 
Great to hear your are home and doing well. Sleep is great, take all you can get!
Have a great day!
Karen
 
Welcome home Brenda! Soo glad to hear that you were able to get some good sleep..there really is no better place to really relax than in your own home and in your own bed! Keep on top of those meds and be sure to get plenty of rest and ice and elevate! Hope you have a GREAT weekend!
 
Great news. Xxxx keep up good work.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Brenda,
Just checking in to see how you're doing. Hope all is going well.
Best Regards,
Karen
 
@kaw205 thank you for checking in. I'm doing great, I've had in home PT this morning and she was amazed at how far I am considering I'm only at day 5. I just noticed that the bruising around the knee has started and I'm a lovely shade of reddish green.

I am also feeling more alert so I think the general anesthesia has cleared out so I am going to try and get some knitting done.

I have been following your progress and I can't believe you are ready to return to work! The time is just flying by.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Bionic B :)


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Isn't it fun watching to see what colors you turn? I was mostly just green and yellow :-) Congratulations on your progress - you are doing great!
 
@Angel1978 that is one hell of a bruise!! I had a purple rasht looking bruise from the tourniquet and it's now joining the bruising from the knee area. I've been trying to get some ice on it as it is uncomfortable.

Hope all is going well with your recovery, I'm pleased with my results so far.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I guess I was pretty lucky, I had very little bruising..I wish I could knit, I haven't really tried, might do it some day..I spend most of my day reading and working on the computer and doing stuff around the house....When does Fenway get to come home and meet Gru? Hope you are having a great weekend!!!!
 
Here's Gru's 2nd day beauty shot!!
[Bonesmart.org] Blendab1 meets her new knee
[Bonesmart.org] Blendab1 meets her new knee

Those are impressive looking staples! (Pretty standard, I suppose.) Excellent photos. Thanks for sharing.
 
wow, Gru is pretty impressive looking! I think I was fortunate, I didn't have staples or stitches! I was glued together and could shower the next day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom