TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a very busy day!! Glad you aren't having a lot of pain - keep that up :) Are you able to ice? I didn't elevate either (in the hospital) but thankfully my Doc was all about the ice.
 
Yes to the ice, I've had the cuff on since surgery, the only time I'm not on it is when I'm traveling. Best invention ever!!!

My throat is sore this afternoon and coughing but I was told its normal. I've also got some extreme bruising behind my thigh


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
hi Brenda - hope your throat is not sore from yelling the "f" word (LOL)...it is probably sore from the intubation as part of the anesthetic... it will go in a couple of days. I only iced in hospital - no elevation. I didn't have any bruising but my roomi had a beauty on her thigh and another on her lower calf & ankle - go figure:flabber:. These also will pass.

Take it easy today - waddling to the loo and some PT but all gentle - cheers Maggie x
 
Congratulations on the new knee and doing so well so far.

I'm assuming they're having you do those breathing exercises with the spirometer?
 
Brenda you are my inspiration. I have been reading each and every post and you are doing fantastic. I just hope I will be able to do as well as you do.:wow:
 
Wow, I slept for 5 straight hours and didn't even hear my alarm go off for my meds so I'm hurting just a bit on the inside of the knee. If the meds don't kick in soon, I'll take a shot as there are stairs in my future.

I also had my waterproof bandage put on so the back of the knee doesn't hurt from the swelling., so happy there is a shower in my future :)

Here's Gru's 2nd day beauty shot!!
[Bonesmart.org] Blendab1 meets her new knee
[Bonesmart.org] Blendab1 meets her new knee



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Brenda, keep those meds up and happy healing. I had a really big bruise on my calf and inside of lower leg. It took over 6 weeks for it to disappear. It was fun to watch all the colour changes during that time. Went through the 4 seasons. I found Arnica cream helped some.
Hope you keep getting lots of sleep, nap when you can, and "steady as she goes"
Diane
 
Fortunately for me that I only curse on the golf course although with the amount of time I have been on the course lately I have been like a drunken sailor...back to Brenda's knee great that you have your appetite..great that you are moving,great that you got sleep last night all very positive.....you will do the stairs today and be on your way.....fantastic report....were you hungry enough to eat hospital food..that is the ultimate barometer....
Homeward bound

Vinny
 
Yeah for ice and sleep!! Knee is looking good - you will learn to loathe those staples :) I had that same bandage - just FYI, I worried some about water getting into it, after 10 days when they took it off I realized that was not remotely possible, that thing has more adhesive than you could imagine!
 
Thanks Vinny, I did have the appetite and everything yesterday but today is not as well because I missed my pain meds while I was sleeping so I've had a minus setback this morning but I did all my PT and I did 21 stairs woo hoo


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You're doing great Brenda. Wow on the 21 stairs!
Heading home tomorrow? The incision looks great
Take care,
Karen
 
Hi I know I don't know you. Stopping by to wish you luck. Just follow the bone smart forum and it will help you.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Woo how is right 21 stairs....think I managed 4......barely....glad you are heading home..


Vinny
 
Hi @Angel1978 ,
I've been following your thread from the beginning. You've had many ups and downs and I hope you have a great recovery from the second surgery.
Best Wishes,
Karen
 
good morning Brenda and Gru! Sounds like you are doing all the right things and Gru is behaving! 21 stairs, oh my! I did 2 and that was it..but I don't have any stairs in my home so I think that is the reason...Up with the good, down with the bad...Yay for going home tomorrow! Be sure to get plenty of rest and keep up on the meds...Groot says hello to Gru!
 
I remember when I had to do stairs in the hospital. I was expecting maybe 3 steps, but it was at least 6 and looked like Mt. Everest!
I just stood there looking at them and the PT said "go on, they're not going to get any closer".
I haven't done any stairs since then because I don't have any at home. I suppose I'll run into them sooner or later as I venture out into the real world...
 
I remember my first stairs at 3 weeks post...I just stood there and couldn't figure out what to do...I didn't have a good leg to go first so I just gritted my teeth and did it. Still don't like stairs and I am at week 6 now.
 
Thanks a lot. I've been looking at yours to. Best luck. I'm trying. I admitt this journey is hard.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
End of Day 2 ,

Second round of PT and I was able to do another 21 stairs and learned how to get in and out of the fake car that they have available, that was the tricky part I have been getting in and out of bed by myself and going to the bathroom and find that I enjoy standing up because it gives me a good stretch.

The swelling is huge so they have me elevated and wrapped the trying control at someand lots and lots of ice.

I'm really going to miss being here because of all the help and support of the wonderful Staff, the food not so much!

Time for my meds and some sleep. Good night all!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom