TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
As we say in Australia "on ya Brenda" (means good on you:yes!:) Sounds like everything is progressing very well. I'm with you on the catheter being removed - I remember the same feeling - get up and walk or pee the bed eeekkkk. That first stand up on my new knees was weird - but hey they worked!!! Don't worry you will be fine - a short walk to the loo - YEY mega WIN!!!!

Resting / napping in bursts seems to be the norm... I still only manage 3 maybe 4 hours at my best stretches. Keep posting - let us know how your are going - Brenda we care and we are all here to help you and support you getting to know Gru and incorporating her(?) into your life. Biggest hug, Maggie x
 
You will do great Brenda..you cannot hurt Gru but you will be wobbly for a bit and that passes very quickly once your mind realizes the implant is perfect....you will take Gru for a nice little walk and feel exhausted after....let them pamper you ..

Vinny
 
there you go @Maggie94 assuming Gru is a she short for Grunhilda? sounds like a strong masculine name to me short for Gruber....
 
Gru msy be a gnu in disguise.... (Jaws theme playing)lol

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Gru is the evil villain from Despicable Me! It's so appropriate he starts out mean and nasty but then turns into a lovable huggable softie!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
@Maggie94 and @vinny thank you for making me laugh, that is the best medicine.

The catheter and IV are out AND I bent my knee on my own in bed! WOOHOO! That felt awesome. I have a lot of swelling behind the knee but that's probably because my Dr, likes the leg flat, not elevated. That will change once I get home.

Waiting for breakfast as I am very hungry! I'll update later after my first PT. Can't wait.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Congratulations -remember mantras. Hope you are comfortable and get some solid, sound sleep
Diane
 
Sounds like you're off to a great start, Brenda!
Onward and upward. It will only get better from here!
Take Care,
Karen
 
I had the nauseous feeling in the hospital and after as well, think it is part of the process...Ask the doc for some meds to help the tummy....Take sleep WHENEVER you can get it, your body is telling you it needs to rest so it can heal, best to listen to it, fighting it doesn't get you very far, trust me, Ive tried! My doc also told me that the nauseous feeling I was having, and still get at times, is the body reacting to pain...pain shows up in my different forms. That and those wonderful pain meds...hang in there and so happy you are 1 day closer to going home and being with Fenway!
 
I agree with the anti nausea meds - I didn't get really bad with that until I was just about to leave the hospital but it stuck around for about a week while I figured things out.

You are doing awesome - congratulations!
 
Way to go Brenda...smooth sailing and a great sign you were hungry this morning and able to bend and get around...I know I don't have to tell you not to worry too much about the bend right now..probably send you home tomorrow......yeah Gru..

Vinny
 
Yey - you will be up and running in no time... well done - Maggie x
 
I am going home Thursday as I have to master the stairs. I did a lot more walking this after no and while practicing stairs I for got to lock my knee so I got a full deep bend. I may have screamed out the "F" word in fear. I was amazed that it did not hurt but it did cause a little bit of bleeding around one of the staples. I was traumatized for a bit but I did get up and finish the stairs. I'm so very glad my two PT's were there to hold me up and being me I had them laughing as I said "wow, it works!!" Go Gru!

Now I am physically exhausted and will stay in bed till dinner. They offered me morphine but I'm seriously not experiencing a high level of pain at this point, just very swollen. Tomorrow the bandage is coming off so that will help more with the bend.

That about sums up my Day 1 adventures, now night, night!!!!



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
not everyone has a lot of pain Brenda....first day is exhausting better every day..


Vinny
 
Brenda you will be exhausted with any physical exertion for a while with the amount you can do building up gradually. Remember PATIENCE and going slowly - don't overdo it and end up in the ODIC.

Look forward to your next update - Maggie x
 
Yay Brenda and Yay Gru! Sounds like you did your fair share of movement today, I say stay in bed and relax for a bit....I remember yelling out that dreaded "f"word once or twice in the hospital, but I apologized after..lol...hang in there and congrats!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom