TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've also got the chipmunk cheeks happening top outer of each knee although these are a bit smaller than they were... just swelling what will resolve in time

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Hi everyone!

Fenway does know that something is different as he doesn't rush down the stairs like he use to he goes down 3 steps and waits for me to catch and does it again till we get to the landing. He is such a great dog! I have taken him out for two walks and then 2 more times to do his business and now my knee is speaking up, so I think it was a bit too much. I hope these trips will build up my stamina.

My co-workers came over for a visit and we all had a great time, I have not laughed that much in a long time. It was good for my soul. :)

I hope everyone had a great day, I am off to bed for a good nights sleep.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
I wish I had a dog like that. Glad he is there for you. Hope you sleep better than I. Night


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Brenda there is nothing like a good laugh to lift your spirits. Fenway sounds delightful. Have a great sleep. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Its why dogs are so good for us. They recognise how we are. My big daft dog didn't leave my side at all when I got home and she is usually rushing around with attention span of a flea. They lift our spirits by just being there.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Agree @MotownGirl66 I'm without a puppy at the moment... Looking after 2wgippets over easter. Then hopefully back to my dog walking gig early April...I'll have to do a couple of test walks to check stamina....but walking w da doggies is a BIG carrot in front of my nose.
New puppy for me in Nov when I get back from NE USA Holiday
 
Sounds like you and Fenway are making it work, excellent!! It helps so much to not be "alone" when we're stuck at home with limited mobility.
 
Good Morning all!!

I didn't have a great nights sleep as there were new areas of discomfort on my shin and outside of knee which I contribute to all the added walking I am doing. I guess I have to build up my stamina and the minor aches will be part of that process. I actually had snow on the ground this morning but we both took a slow pace and made it back home no problem.

Thank you everyone for the love and support, I'm so glad I found you all! Have a blessed day.

Here is a picture on my baby, he has not left my side at all :)

[Bonesmart.org] Blendab1 meets her new knee



Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Hi Brenda. Love the pic. What a sweet guy.
I notice you are getting a different menu of aches and pains...I found it interesting (though tiresome) how different these are as I recover.
You sound like you are progressing really well. I think having Fenway home is great therapy both mentally and physically.
Enjoy your day, Maggie x
 
New questio for everyone. I had surgi strips put on my incision when the staples were remove and was told they would fall off in 7 to 10 days, well it's day 10 and they are on like day 1. Should I leave them be, or remove them?


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Leave them! I kept trying to take mine off (long after the 10 days) and the surgeon kept putting them back and the places that they were on the longest are the tightest parts of the scar. They are annoying but that weird pull you are probably attributing to them, probably really isn't them. At least mine wasn't. I think I finally had the silly things off for good at about 5 weeks.
 
Leave them, when you shower the will loosen up. I have lost half of mine already. So I am putting ointment on the new exposed scar.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
My discomfort areas are along the top of the bottom leg bone, I guess that is where the base plate rest. The other area is above the knee joint in the thigh muscles and the back of the knee. I have started icing those areas also when I do the knee and it helps a lot.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Day 21 Post Op

I hit a wall this weekend and was mildly depressed as I lost some of my flexibility. My PT and I think it's due to the extra activity I did this weekend walking and letting Fenway out as my knee is quite swollen and stiffer than usual. It took a lot of exercises and stretching to get to 92 rom today. Per her recommendation I called my OS to see if I could start taking Ibuprofen to help reduce my swelling. I was given the go ahead but told to reduce my Norco so I'm going to attempt to skip my next dose and see how that goes. My pain levels are low 2-3 being the worse so I think I'll be okay, fingers crossed.
Health wise, I feel great and now I'm 15 pounds lighter so overall I am having a great recovery and need to remind myself that when the blues try to kick in.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
@wberry I have discomfort on the top of my tibia too but also on the outside and back of the knee. This is a new awakening that started on Friday which I contribute to over doing it.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Brenda, I was right where you are now...It seems like week 3 throws people for a loop..you are over the initial shock from the surgery and week 1 and then week 2 you are adjusting to your knee and getting more freedom and then week 3 you take advantage of that freedom and pay for it...Im almost week 6 and just starting to feel a tad bit more normal..I know I over did it this weekend but it was worth it...I have not gotten to 92 YET! I can't seem to get out of the 70's, so hang in there..it is OK to go thru the emotions again, just let it happen..be careful on tapering down, I really don't want anyone to go thru the week of hell I went thru trying to reduce the OXY...you got this and Fenway is part of the REAL life..your knee will adapt...maybe just not at the pace you would prefer..hang in there!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom