Guest viewing is limited

TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Spenica, Fenway sends his love right back to Brady!! I'm glad I got the sleep too as last night was not good. I woke out around 3 and could not get comfortable so I took another Norco and went to my recliner which helped with comfort but I didn't fall asleep till 5:30 am, so I will nap today for sure :)
On a good note the ibuprofen is doing its job, I was getting a good bend earlier in my PT session and she was very excited too. This has boosted my spirits and I surely needed that.
[Bonesmart.org] Blendab1 meets her new knee



Here's a picture of Fenway helping me with my PT, he does this each time I do this exercise. Today after I showed my therapist where it hurts the most behind my knee ( she said my hamstring is extremely tight) Fenway went over and started licking the exact spot. That freaked us both out that he knew exactly where it was. God, I really love this dog.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Hi Fenway! Brady is really good at finding those spots also..dogs just have a way to know what is hurting and where...Glad to hear that PT is going well! Im icing as I type this and my Brady is sound asleep snoring next to me..
[Bonesmart.org] Blendab1 meets her new knee
 
I lost a post when trying to upload a picture. I 'll again tomorrow. Sorry.
 
I am so jealous. My wife won't let me get another dog. Murphy, our last dog was a very temperamental cocker spaniel. He was poorly house trained, because he came from a previous owner that died. Since we remodeled and put in wood floors and tile, a dog is out of the question for now. If I got one I would want to raise it from a puppy and keep its nails cut short so the won't scratch the floors.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@wberry, I see you had your surgery on 3/9/15. Just like Brenda in Massachusetts. Mine was 3/13/15, Today was not the best day but Hopefully tomorrow is better. Today my hamstring is keeping me from progress. Trying to upload a pic of my dog but says file is too big. I'll try tomorrow from my desktop.
 
Hey Brenda...around the block...faster!! This is great. I bet Fenway loves gatting out with his Ma.
9.10 here. In bed with tea and book. Had a glass of shiraz while watching the last 2 episodes of The Bridge season1...the Scandinavian version. Lets see what tonight brings in terms of the Sandman. Sleep has improved since I decided to give in to meds.
Hope you have a lovely day. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Yeap, we are TKR twins. Those leg muscles and tendons are all in cahoots with the knee. It's a conspiracy.
 
Love the pic of you and your Boy...great little guy. Maggie x
 
Good morning everyone!

Started with a good nights sleep but 5 hours in woke up to a very sore knee, so I took another Norco and feel asleep about an hour later. Tonight I'm going to set my alarm for 4 hours and see if that helps keep the aches away. The ibuprofen is enough during the day so far.

Weird question time, does anyone wake up due to night sweats? I've experienced this three times this week and was wondering if it's because I cut back on the Norco? I know it's not menopause as that ship has sailed!

Maggie I hope you are having a good nights and jfiori54 how are you feeling?


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
I had the night sweats with the Oxy...I also get them sometimes with Benadryl...Im pretty used to them due to my "other" problem child aka..AIDS...so not always sure what is causing them....did you have them before the surgery? Glad you were able to get some sleep...Give Fenway a smooch from his West Coast pups!
 
Yes...I am buying a thermometer today because i woke up 3 times in a sweat last night. Felt like a fever broke. I had taken my norco & afew hours later i was in a cold sweat. Gotta go to PT.....later
 
Not such a good night @Blendab1 but OK. Pick up whippets this morning YEY. That will distract me☺
Have a great Easter, Maggie x
 
Maybe it is the Norco, I truly think it's due to me cutting down. Today's weird symptom is I am extremely cold and I can't warm up. I don't have a fever and the heat is on high but I'm under two blankets and a dog but I'm still chilled. Do I need more protein? Could I be anemic? Man, these weird things are making me crazy, lol.

Also, do you ever get the feeling your new knee is going to buckle? This showed up today a few times. I should just go to bed and call it a day.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Good thinking on hitting the hay....cuddle up with Fenway and forget about knees n meds for a while

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Yes to both - I had night sweats on the percocet but not with vicodin or tramadol, thank goodness! I also have occasions where I'll just be sailing along great and my knee feels like it gives out, my PT said its the week quad. Chloe always inspects my knee when I come home from PT or the Doc, she's so serious about it!
 
Glad to hear I'm not crazy! I'm going to go take Fenway for a walk and then I'm going to get a hunk of meat for dinner to boost up my protein. Have a great night all.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Today I was released from home therapy and will be starting outpatient on Monday. I was able to get 90 ROM prior to stretching and once completed with my exercises I achieved 95. She said that they will have the tools I need to get over the hurdle holding me back. We both believe the removal of the Baker's cyst I had is what is causing the additional tightness behind the knee. I really hated to see her go as we got along so well, I would definitely love to hang out with her, that's how great she was.
Last night I drove for the first time and it went really well. I never realized how low my car was till I went to get in :) This weekend I am on my own as my son is going away. I know I will be fine, I just hope I have the stamina to prepare my meals, or else I'll lose more weight, hahaha!
Speaking of weight, I'm down 18 pounds!!! I'll actually get to wear my skinny clothes when I go back to work, woo hoo!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Congrats on your graduation from home PT - sounds like you really had a great therapist! 18lbs is amazing, whoo hoo!
 
Hi Brenda...driving!! Isn't it great...kinda like a get Out of Jail card:yahoo:not only that you are in skinny clothes. Bonus!!! Have you got a slow cooker? Easy meals if you do. Enjoy your weekend. Maggie x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yay for driving Brenda! I know when I did my first solo drive I felt like I just got my license! Really like having that freedom...Im sure you will do fine going solo this weekend, plus don't forget you have Mr. Fenway! 18lbs is great as long as it is done in a healthy way! Just make sure to eat plenty of protein..if you like PB &J's that is a good choice also and takes very little energy to make :)..have a Great weekend!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom