TKR Blendab1 meets her new knee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Spenieca, I appreciate you encouragement. I told PT that I felt like I went backwards instead of forward and how frustrated I was and she felt bad as this session was very trying and kept apologizing. I told her I love what she does for me and it's for my own good. It's funny as the special stretching really does not cause pain but it's the stretching of the tightness that kills me!
How is Groot feeling today after all the fun this past weekend? I think him and Gru are in the same boat (no pun intended) as far as being dead weight, lol. I hope things settle down immensely for you this week. I am going to take a nap :)
 
The Aleeve I have been taking has defiantly helped me. I'm up to 100, I think today I got to 107, will have the PT check today. I have been locking my knee out a lot and also cocking it up and letting it sit there until the tightness lessens. Bony so much until it hurts. Then I took a break day after a heavy day of stretching. And just did lumbering to keep it loose.
I had my week three issues to, I went to a rest period for a full day and only light lumbering the next. It helped me get past it.

Our sleeping issues are wraped around our ROM issues I think. If I had more the knee wouldn't keep hitting limits and swelling up maybe, thus waking me up.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brenda....Groot and I had PT today...she said that Groot was being stubborn and didn't want to go very far...we measured at 80 ROM today..that is the furthest so far and Im almost at 6 weeks..I told her that he was probably upset because of the busy weekend...Doc appt tomorrow with the OS...Let's see what he is going to say about the MUA...PT assistant said he see's a lot of people who have done MUA's, some even more than once...Im feeling better since I stopped the Tramadol, the med and I do NOT get along at all, no bueno...Started taking the Vicodin at night and last night I was able to sleep for a few hours, YIPEEE...Still can't nap though...Oh well, one day at a time! Hope Fenway is giving you LOTS of loves! Does he try to lick your scar? My Brady LOVES to give my Owie loves....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Fenway has avoided the scar so far but it's still pretty covered with strips! He has been giving me love and he helped me to walk a full city block this afternoon and now I'm utterly exhausted! I also skipped my Norco this afternoon so I could start the ibuprofen and so far so good! I'm going to try to just take the Norco for bed and PT and the ibuprofen the rest of the time.
Congrats on achieving the higher ROM. I look forward to what your OS has to say. MUA scares the hell out of me so I pray Gru does what he should.
Time for bed, can't keep my eyes open.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hope you slept well Brenda. Congrats on the full city block walk. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Good job on the walk Brenda! I had a petsit this morning and this evening and usually take the 2 pups for a walk in the evening..did it with the hubby last night but tonite it was just too sore..PT did more of a number on it than I had thought...I now have a pain up in my thigh...Oh well...Im just keeping on keeping on!
 
@Spencieca love the pet sitting. Is that what you do for a living? If it is I'm jealous. Just adore fur babies.
Too bad that pain has set in...is this a new spot? Take meds... it's just too hard with constant pain. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
@maggie..yes..my husband and I started a petsitting business in 2013..Life's Good Pet Care. .best job in the entire world...Took 2 Vicodin before bed..hopefully pain will subside..and yes new pain..
 
☺☺☺good on you hitting the V. Hope you sleep well. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Launches theraputic dogs for joint upgrades. Whilst our furry friends can makes us over do it a tad they are good motivational things, mind you 3 dogs is alot of bending,

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Brenda, hope you slept well and that you don't have too many after effects from your increased walking. Fenway must be a great motivator! Wilbur & I took a walk yesterday afternoon, the day was just too beautiful to stay inside. Today is supposed to be an almost carbon copy. I hope you have a great day!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you everyone for the good sleep mojo! I slept fairly well, did some tossing and turning but it was one of the best nights as I didn't have any discomfort! I guess this means the ibuprofen is working and I have not had any withdrawal symptoms so I will only take the Vicodin at bedtime. I can't wait to do my exercises to see how Gru will feel!

Hope you all have a great day, the sun is shining and the snow is just about all gone!!!


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Yey for a goods night's sleep...1.20 am here....go gently with the exercises Brenda...enjoy what sounfs like a beautiful day. Maggie x

Maggie via Tapatalk
 
Hi Brenda - sorry I've been AWOL - not sure how that's been happening, my alerts don't work all the time but I've tried to keep looking for my peeps. Great job on stepping down the meds, I know I was much happier when I could limit the junk I was putting in my body. Fabulous on the good nights sleep!
 
Today went well. I was able to get a little more bend today with minimal discomfort so the ibuprofen seems to be working. I also walked around the block and did it a bit faster than yesterday, so overall I'm pleased as punch!


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Thank you everyone for the good sleep mojo! I slept fairly well, did some tossing and turning but it was one of the best nights as I didn't have any discomfort!

Today went well. I was able to get a little more bend today with minimal discomfort so the ibuprofen seems to be working. I also walked around the block and did it a bit faster than yesterday, so overall I'm pleased as punch!
Great reports!!!

Remember to take it easy and listen to you knee---ice and elevate after those walks!!
 
I told PT that I felt like I went backwards instead of forward and how frustrated I was and she felt bad as this session was very trying and kept apologizing.
It is extremely important to remember that this recovery is not at all linear. you will make progress, you will hit plateaus, and you will regress, unfortunately from time to time. If you do too much, sometimes your knee will call a "time-out" and shut down.

Progress and healing---full recovery---takes a long time---and you just have to plug away at it at not lose heart.

Do not worry or obsess about where you think you should be. In the end, you will get to the destination of being fully recovered, but this roller coaster ride called recovery has its ups, its downs, and its times of just hanging out.

Remember, do to overdoing things, and just plain stubbornness on your knee's part, , your recovery looks more like this:
[Bonesmart.org] Blendab1 meets her new knee


Just take recovery one day at a time---do not focus on where you think you should be or where you think you would like to be---you will get there, but it will be on your knee's schedule.

My recovery took five months to lose a little limp. It took six months to get to 80%-85%, and eight months before I can say that I was at 90%-95%---so you will reach your destination----but do not worry about progress---it will happen!
 
Yay for sleep Brenda! Im really hoping I get some good rest tonight..Hubby helped me with my petsit this evening so we were home before dark..but my day started at 6am and stopped at 630pm..a couple of rests here and there but no naps, so I am pretty tired..I told my hubby that I would have the energy to vacuum and then once I started I was done..hahaha..I finished...your stamina will return! Keep up the GREAT work! Tell your Fenway that my Brady sends her puppy kisses to him!
 
@referee54 THANK YOU! You've made me get over the woe is me phase I've been in since the weekend. I read the new post you did and it's a wonderful piece that I am going to reference a lot.


Brenda aka Bionic B
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom