PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

Today I felt really exhausted and my stomach just didn't feel right. By this evening my knee was hurting really, really badly. I have only been taking Tylenol during the day and that has been working. I spent the evening so uncomfortable that I could barely wait until my 4 hours were up from the Tylenol and I could take my Percocet.

I have taken my Percocet and it is working now. :yahoo:

Tomorrow will most likely be another good day. I shall at least be hoping for that.
 
You were paying for that big weekend! But I know it was worth it. So tomorrow take it easy---rest---elevate---ice---gentle exercise----and some chocolate, of course!

Sweet dreams, BJ
 
Yes Judy, I was kind of thinking that the big weekend had caught up to me as well. I did take myself to bed for a rest this afternoon. I was definitely hunting for chocolate today :loll:

Thanks! Yes, it was worth it, and now for some more TLC for me!
 
That is how it was for me at this time, too BJ. I felt that I could do more, but it tired me out so that I got to indulge in a nice nap.
I guess my stamina has increased somewhat, but not enough to go, go, go yet, and I am worried abt going back to work in 3 weeks. I can tell that I am not THAT beat because my body doesn't need naps anymore (and I miss them : (
Rest up, you are over the worst of it, IMO, and it will keep getting better. BUT these little reminders that you need to relax will keep happening for awhile.
 
Thank-you! It is always good to hear from you since you are just ahead of me by several weeks and seem to have recently been through the things that I am experiencing. I will continue to try to listen to my body and knee as they tell me to rest.

Three weeks seem to bring a great deal of improvement at this early stage of recovery. I am hoping for you that the next three weeks finds you greatly improved and confident that it will be the right time for you to return to work.
 
I hear ya BJ. All we can do is just hang in there...and take meds and keep chocolate close by..not having such a great time of it myself.:sigh: but trying to be positive :thumb:
 
Yep, hang in there Adnil, we are gonna make it. One step at a time, one day at a time... Slow and steady. Hope that you are feeling better.
 




Here too and my knee is sore and a little swollen. Thought maybe it was because I over worked it; but now it makes me wonder?

Here's what I was told by my homecare PT: "You won't have arthritis because you don't have any cartilege. However, until the soft tissues around the knee heal, you may react to weather changes."
 
I had a cranky, clunky knee yesterday, too BJ!
Got through PT just fine, but noticed the weather does seem to make it swell a bit.
 
Here's what I was told by my homecare PT: "You won't have arthritis because you don't have any cartilege. However, until the soft tissues around the knee heal, you may react to weather changes."
Interesting. that seemed to be the case with me.
 
BJ Mac its been raining heavy showers and drizzle off and on for a month here.. and no one is happy let alone my knees!!
 
BJ Mac its been raining heavy showers and drizzle off and on for a month here.. and no one is happy let alone my knees!!

Sorry to hear of your gloomy weather and unhappy knees. :cry4:

It has been sunny this week, temps in the 60's supposed to be 80's this weekend. I find myself having to fight with myself not to overdo, as my knee tends to swell when I am upright too long. I am finding this frustrating at 6 weeks.

Did you ever get out for your ski day? I love to hear about your tennis playing, :yay: especially since any 'extracurricular' activities are out for me still since even the 'every day life' kind of activities are still being rebelled against by my knee. :cry:

Good to hear from you!
 
Hey ho BJ,
I find my legs hurt most when I have to stand at the sink and do washing up and peeling potatoes and its even worse if I have to do the cooking..

However, 'tennis' is going fine.. Maybe overdoing it a bit.. but what's key is that I'm now moving into 'position' for the stroke without thinking about it.. I wouldn't say 'nimble' but its getting there..

Going skiing on Monday.. That really will be interesting.. I'm even a bit nervous... BUT.. if it goes well then .. I spend lots of money and go skiing next season...
If it doesnt go well? Then I spend lots more money, buy a sit ski and go skiing next season...

BUT I'm optimistic.. Short swings?.. you never forget them.. its like riding a bicycle.. I hope..
 
Gosh ambitious after 3 months ! Good luck, hope it works for you. Let us know how you get on
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom