PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

Hi BJ, sounds like you're keeping on and healing nicely. I find when I overdo it I pay the next day but a few hours ice and rest and I'm good to go. Oh well we'll get there, just wanted to drop by and say hi..:doggieshmooze:
 
I have just come through a week of very little sleep. It is wearing on me. I wake up in pain and have trouble getting back to sleep, hoping that my percocet will 'kick in' soon...

Yesterday I got in the pool for a short time. I put on an exercise floatation belt and cycled my feet for a short time and then tried to play a bit of badminton for a few minutes with the kids in the pool. I mostly enjoyed sitting by the pool watching the boys play while I rested my leg on a chair.

My legs are just aching. I woke around 4:00am in pain, which is pretty common these days. I took another percocet, and my legs are just aching, no severe pain, but keeping me awake none the less... :tantrum2:
 
Hi BJ,
I am up with an aching knee too. Hope we get some zzzzzz's.
 
Today my daughter and I are leaving on a road trip to Kentucky for a college visit and a horse show. My job will be to rest as much as possible and not overdo it. I asked the college if they have a golf cart to take us on the school tour as I have recently had my knee replaced, and they do. I also have a golf cart rented to get around at the show and it will provide a place to sit and elevate, as well. I will have to figure out how to get ice at some point in the day for my knee.

My daughter will be doing most of the driving on this trip. She is getting some good experience as she does more and I do less, in many areas. This is all helping her to get ready to go out on her own in the near future.
 
BJ, what a great trip and excellent planning on your part. Everybody wins! Know you and your daughter will enjoy one another's company.

I loved touring campi (plural of campus):th_heehee: when I was young. We want some more pics from the horse show.

Have a wonderful time!
 
Hi my wife and i wish we were as organized as you,we caravan wife drives but as never tried towing van ,should have thought i might not have been able to drive one day.Still might not be long before i can just depends how long uk summer lasts 1 week or 2 can hope
 
This morning I walked up the steps and back down the steps. :yahoo: Right, left, right, left. phew! that is work.

Well we made it to Ky. :yay: My daughter did lots of driving and I did some. I am doing ok, leg aching a bit. I iced and took my percocet, waiting for it to do it's job so I can hopefully get a peaceful rest.

Tomorrow we visit campus, and Tuesday we go to the horse show.

Thanks everyone for all of your good wishes.

I will post more pictures after I take them.
 
I live in Ky. With the horse show and all, it sounds like you may be considering University of KY. There are some great schools here. My daughter just graduated from Eastern KY University. Good luck!
 
We are checking out Asbury University. We did pass the University of Ky. and she wondered if we may check that one out while we are here too.
 
Hi BJ

What a great trip to be doing with your daughter - have a wonderful time and have fun! Well done on those steps - you are getting there!
 
Jancat : I'll let you know what the OS say's tomorrow- 6/12. If he is going to release me or what he is going to do about me working. Hoping like your doing, he'll have me working only part-time=6 hrs. as I normally work 12 hrs. at night. Not sure what my companies policy is but will soon find out after tomorrow. Don't think there is much they can do if I have a dr.'s excuse/paper. It's all standing, twisting and bending and of course lifting. I just dread having to go back to work. I feel pretty good, just not alot of energy, I tire alot still it seems.
My husband and I are going to Las Vegas for a few days (couldn't beat the great deal we got). I'm taking extra ziploc bags for icing my knee and my pain pills also. (haven't taken any pills for awhile, been saving them in case I need them for after work)Alittle worried about the walking, but know we can slide into a casino and drink a diet pepsi to rest.
 
Best of luck tomorrow debbie61..
and even better luck in las vegas.. maybe you wont need to work!
 
I hope your roadtrip was fun. I just LOVE a golf cart!!!
Congrats on then stairs the 'normal'way!
Sandy
 
We got up to a rainy/drizzly day and I have an extra achy knee because of that.

The college visit was exhausting even with the golf cart. We got checked into our hotel here mid-afternoon and I iced my knee and napped for about an hour. :sleepz: Yay! I hope that doesn't keep me up tonight though.

Tomorrow we do not have to be at the show grounds before noon, so that will give us a lazy morning, and I can take it easy. We are both looking forward to a horse show at the Kentucky Horse Park as we have never been here before.
 
It sounds like you are having fun! You made a very wise decision to ice and elevate this afternoon; tomorrow's late arrival at the horse show will also be a big help too!
 
Hi BJ , I am just catching up, I' m still at the rehab and after OT/PT all I can do is:sleep::sleep:. Glad you are getting to spend time with your daughter, but remember you are still healing. REST WHEN YOU CAN, ICE, and ELEVATE. I know when you start feeling better you believe that you can do more then you can!!!!! Remember this too shall pass!!! I am feeling a little better, still I know it is way too soon and way too much to even think about. Feel better talk with you soon
Kim
 
Kim is right of course. You are doing an awful lot right now. You will need to take some time to recover from all of this activity. I had surgery the same day and could not have done what you did this weekend. Of course we never want to disappoint our children--but, I think you daughter will understand that you cannot attend every horse show with her. Maybe she will have some fun being on her own a little too. I was a very involved mom too, I do understand not wanting to miss anything in our children's lives.

But, you have needs too. And one of those needs is the time to recover from major surgery. I hope you don't have to travel again next week and have some time to rest. Kelly
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom