PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

I've been reading your thread and I must say you are amazing! You have your ups and downs but you just keep going and going. I'm sorry you are hurting right now; but being a parent I understand the intense need to be there and I think you are doing it right. :console:

I know you are in horse mode right now but I wanted to pass along a cool snowboarding tid bit. I recently rented the movie
The Art of Flight, from the local indie film store, if you get a chance check it out (maybe look it up on IMDB). I promise you won't be disappointed.
 
Yay, BJ! I am so glad you made it work! I know it means a lot to watch your children show! So much prep goes into it, I am glad you get to experience the end results.
And it won't always be this way-just for a few weeks.
Good luck and best wishes to her!
 
I know in spite of everything, that you're glad you did it. Now, you've earned a week's vacation---so stay home, rest, relax, elevate, and ice, ice, ice. And let the kids wait on you!

Keep us posted. We care.
 
So, we made it to the show and I sat around there and am in bed now icing.
Very cool (get it, ice, cool :th_heehee:)!

It is nice when things work out and you can keep things as normal as possible.

Great plan in place and kudos to the others for helping out.
 
Phew, I am exhausted. Back in the hotel room icing, resting and elevating... Found a place under a tent this afternoon during a down time at the horse show and fell asleep in a plastic chair with my foot up on another chair. :sleepz:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
    _BJM4758.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 181
  • [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
    _BJM4796.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 195
  • [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
    _BJM4884.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 141
  • [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
    _BJM4895.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 164
So, the good news is that my knee is not any more swollen than it was, and I managed just fine on only tylenol today and yesterday. :yes 4: Of course, I used my percocet last night, boy did I need it.

One more day of horse showing (for now) and then back home. My son wants a Memorial Day picnic and I told him that they can have one, but I will rest and supervise and rest...
 
What wonderful pictures. You must be very proud of your daughter. She and the horse are both very handsome.

Good for you taking care of yourself and your knee. And smart, smart, smart to have a Memorial Day picnic and let the kids have the fun of all the work while you supervise.
 
I made it! Back home again and in my own bed with my leg up and ice on it. (and it is not humongous, just swollen and not too bad at that) I really think that the thigh high compression hose were worth their weight and then some in gold. I also fit in a graduation party this evening and didn't stay too long, but told them that I needed to get this leg up and iced...

Oh and the really big accomplishment is that I did some driving. YAY!!! Now I feel like I really will make it back to the land of the living, and doing and being all I can be... :happy dance:

But the hardest thing is probably going to be slowing back down and resting and recouperating from the long hard weekend. So, tomorrow I will work really, really hard at relaxing and resting. :sleepz:
 
Yes, she did well and won a couple of first places as well as a bunch of other ribbons. I am very proud of her. I also got to take the photos, which is one of my passions. Nothing like shooting great action photography. I had fun, and I will be able to move around more for the pics next time. I had to settle for shooting from a rather stationery position this weekend. (I was just tickled to be there) I was gonna say, 'good clean fun.', but then I remembered that we were at the barn all weekend. :loll:
 
Gosh BJ, I hope you did not trip and fall into any manure and thus disappointing your surgeon!!
 
:loll: Nope! I did not fall into any manure.

Today I was able to step up my short step from my master bedroom without holding onto anything. I am sooo excited about this progress. :yay:
 
Way to go BJ.....everyday just gets better and better, I know it took alot to let go and take that step.......keep up the good work, we're getting there, one step at a time...(((((((hugs to you)))))))))) :cheers_wine:
 
YAY BJ! That is a great sign!
The first time that happened to me- I was going into PT and it started raining really hard- and I just started going up the stairs (instead of the ramp) the regular way! I surprised myself then, too!
It gets exponentially better now!
 
Just getting better and better, just don't be too down when you get a bad day. The good days will outnumber them more and more.
 
BJ just catching up with your post op diary. Glad you're doing better, great information for when I'm in recovery. Congratulations to you and your daughter, she looks beautiful in your photos. I am having a stressful week but I hope and pray all will work out. Remember to rest and take care of yourself.
Peace Kim
 
Hang in there, Kim. This is a really tough time, the last few days before surgery. Sending prayers your way.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom