PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

I hope that you are having a great time!!!!
Don't forget you need to take a break and ice and elevate!
Sandy
 
So, we went to the show grounds and got the golf cart, my daughter rode, practicing for the showing that starts tomorrow. I sat around, visited some horses, took a few pics and visited the other people. (sitting with leg up a lot) She will start showing tomorrow and show all week.

I am either in the golf cart or using crutches at the show so as not to over do it with my knee. This physical therapist stopped me to adjust my crutches. She wanted to know who set them and told me that they were just too short. (they set them for me in the hosp)

When I got back to the room I showered, iced and rested. My knee feels pretty good. I am hoping for a good sleep tonight.

I am having a good time and trying to take it easy also. Thanks for all of your caring.
 
Good luck with the showing we are taking our baby highland pony in the Photo to a big show next week dont expect much as she lives out and it is the biggest and fattest that seem fashionable at the moment and she is a little, lean girl I know which I would prefer to try and lift a 20 stone deer onto. (that is what they were bred for)
Hope the knee stands the pressure and your daughter enjoys a successful show
 
Glad you are having fun doing what you love!
I also like the story of the PT who helped you- I love hearing of these little kindnesses.
Keep up the good healing work and good luck to your daughter this week.
 
Long day at the show today. Just wanted to post a quick note though. Last night all of my muscles ached so badly that I had an awful sleep, just napping between aches... :cry: I was at the showgrounds all day, but deliberately did less physical activity and do not feel as bad tonight, just not sleepy. :hairpulling:

So, this is a huge show and yesterday there were 58 in the class that my daughter was in. She did an Under Saddle Class with only about 20 in it and got 3rd. Today she got 4th in her Under Saddle Class. She also got a 7th in her jumping round. We are told that this is such a big show that getting any ribbons at all is good. BTW they get ribbons for 1st through 8th. So far she has three ribbons. :yay:

Yellow is third.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
    _BJM5418.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 181
  • [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
    _BJM5420.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 163
Oh, I saw the PT again today and she wanted to know how I was doing and how my progress was and what my ROM was. She has a friend who is going through knee replacement and she was wondering about the recovery... It was nice talking to her. I should tell her about bonesmart if I run into her again.
 
Love the pics---so classy! And congrats to your daughter for all those ribbons with all that competition.

Know you're enjoying yourself---and paying for it. So take care---
 
Wow- great placements for your daughter- in the ribbons! Congrats to her!
Any chance that you might have Lyme disease? You don't need to have a rash to have Lyme- I have had it 3 times, and the all over muscle aches were one symptom!
Hope you feel better quick.
 
Oh heavens, I sure hope not. I think it is just being at the horse show every day all day... I have never had major surgery and I do not know how I am supposed to feel. I am 7 1/2 weeks out, but how much should one be able to do??? And there are no standard answers, but I am sure that I am overdoing it. Walking, crutching, carring a heavy backpack with a camera... being out all day...
 
Yep! you're overdoing it---loving it---and paying for it. However, it will all come out in the wash. So enjoy! You can cry on our shoulders when its all over.

Take care, keep us posted, we care.
 
Thanks Judy, I feel a bit guilty complaining when I know very well that I am "overdoing it--loving it--and paying for it." But life is just too short to sit on the sidelines. My daughter will turn 17 next week and be off to college in a year, and these times may well be past...

I am trying to put a bit of self-care in. We headed back to the hotel early today because I wasn't feeling so hot. Showered, iced, elevated, rested and had dinner in the room. But tomorrow we have to be at the show grounds by 7:00am. Just have tomorrow and Sunday and then the long drive home...
 
Might be something to do with the change over that's taking place. After tomorrow its supposed to be a breeze. Might have to wait 'til then.

You know I wasn't on your case---I don't blame you a bit for what you're doing. Would probably do the same thing if I were in your place.
 
Oh no Judy, I did not feel like you were on my case. Thank-You! I felt like you were understanding and encouraging me to go ahead and complain anyway. I imagined you saying that with a 'knowing smile' on your face... I will see if I can post more pics tomorrow night.
 
Hi BJ,
I’m glad you’re getting to be with your daughter now. How exciting, she’s doing great & so pretty! Time goes so fast, they’re grown before you know it so don’t want to miss a thing! I can see where it’s a bit tough on you right now but sounds like you know when to slow down and take care of yourself.

My granddaughter was upset that I missed her recital this year. I’ve never missed a thing she was in, but this was the day I came home from the hospital. To be honest it did cross my mind to go and just watch her. Then I tried to stand up and realized just how crazy that thought was. :snork:
I’ll be at the next one & walking all on my own too!

Hope you're feeling better.

Looking forward to more the pictures!
 
Hi, I had surgery 14 Dec and got home 20 Dec and on 23 Dec wanted to go sing with my choir for the combined churches carol service. I felt I could do it as I was great with crutches. Hubbie didn't agree and flatly refused to drive me there. A few days later when I just about collapsed with exhaustion I knew he had been right (never told him so though).
 
So, The show is winding down and we head home tomorrow... Tired, run down, ready for home, but not looking forward to the long drive home...
 
Well done on all the ribbons and now once you get home take it easy for a while It is good to get out and enjoy yourself fights the lows and blues a bit. Dont let the anticlimax get you once you are less occupied though. Take care of yourself
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom