Guest viewing is limited

PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

Kelly, I am soooo glad that that snowboarder missed you. I had a little snowboard student that slid into a ski student yesterday and she tipped over, she insisted that she was fine and my boy was very apologetic. I told him if that happens again and he thinks that he may hit somebody to just sit down sooner... until he is good enough to be sure to steer around them. He said he was soooo embarrassed.

We had a gorgeous sunny day yesterday. I had a few lessons and one of the other snowboard instructors used me as her student to practice for her upcoming certification test. So then I got to practice what she was teaching later in the day.

That's cool that you got new skis and are loving them. I was just soooo thankful to be able to be out on the slopes this weekend and teach and free board. It was AMAZING!!! First we got 6 inches of fresh powder and then a fabulous sunny day. I am sooo blessed.

I hope that you get more snow soon.
 
Well, snowboard season is essentially over for me, even though the resort is still open. I have sons home for their Spring breaks, and I have my granddaughter for 4 days. I take my one son to the airport on Sunday afternoon and return my granddaughter to another son that day as well. I will take Monday to rest and recover and plan out some college visits. My daughter has quite a few colleges to choose from and make her final decision by May 1st. She was accepted by 10 of them... So April looks to be a busy one for her and I checking out the rest of those colleges and for her in her decision making.

I also need to get some work done to fix up this house and get it on the market, hopefully by the end of April as well... Phew, I am tired just thinking about it all. I have been working on getting rid of stuff throughout the winter to downsize my home as well.
 
BJ----I am spending the day cleaning out my studio and getting rid of stuff too. I have to check every room in this house!!

We have been so warm--the snow is soft, ugh. first in the am, everything is frozen solid with ruts. Then, it gets soft and it is awesome for about an hour---then it gets too soft and heavy. I have been skiing mostly the groomers for about a week now and I have to admit, that I am bored!!!

I had some students last week from Chicago---they actually knew my son. one wanted to ski bumps without jarring her back, so I spent three days of private lessons doing lots of bump runs---it was fun too. The first two days were not too bad, but by the time the lesson ended at 1 pm, the snow was so soft and heavy---mashed potatoes!!!

We have one more week--we close April 7 and then the next day is employee day and we get to rip up the mountain all by ourselves!! That is always a ton of fun. We have had so much sun the last few days---I miss winter!!!! I cannot wait until it starts to get cold again!!
 
I'm laughing with you 2! I'm so happy it's getting warmer for biking in the Spring here is really nice - I'll get to ski next season! Today I did 31 miles and my legs are starting to get stronger. Good luck with your home BJ and stay outta the mashed potatoes Kelly! lol
 
BJ----I am spending the day cleaning out my studio and getting rid of stuff too. I have to check every room in this house!!

We have been so warm--the snow is soft, ugh. first in the am, everything is frozen solid with ruts. Then, it gets soft and it is awesome for about an hour---then it gets too soft and heavy. I have been skiing mostly the groomers for about a week now and I have to admit, that I am bored!!!

I had some students last week from Chicago---they actually knew my son. one wanted to ski bumps without jarring her back, so I spent three days of private lessons doing lots of bump runs---it was fun too. The first two days were not too bad, but by the time the lesson ended at 1 pm, the snow was so soft and heavy---mashed potatoes!!!

We have one more week--we close April 7 and then the next day is employee day and we get to rip up the mountain all by ourselves!! That is always a ton of fun. We have had so much sun the last few days---I miss winter!!!! I cannot wait until it starts to get cold again!!
NO NO NO please can you have our cold weather and snow I LOVE SUN and we have none
 
I want to put my shorts on and t shirt in sun and trunks on and go swimming in sea please have my snow.
 
BJ, How are you doing? I thought I would just come by and say Hi. I been very busy fixing my sewing room. Its close to being done so I can start doing my sewing. I am getting so exciting, its been a long time since I have had a sewing room the way I want it. Feeling pretty good after all. I want to wish you a Happy Easter. Take care. Tashia
 
Hi BJ!

Just popping in to say Hi! Went to a tourist town and had a lot of fun this weekend! My knee is starting to show improvement! I was walking and they had a drop off ramp that I did not see! The bad leg went down it, but it Corrected Itself! :happydance:
 
I miss the snow and the mountains already...

Can you turn snowboarding into water skiing? Or isn't it the same feeling of swooshing down the slopes? What outdoor activities do you participate in once the snow season is finished?
Are you moving to a different city or just a different house? :)
 
Elisea---in the summer, I play golf, hike in Glacier National Park and on Big Mountain, ride my bike about 50 miles per week. I also am showing at four art fairs----but none of it is fun because it will be hot this year!!!

Luckily for us, we have zero humidity most of the time---but I am always depressed at the end of winter!!!
 
Sounds like activities for all seasons skigirl :) Maybe one day you'll let us see your artwork!

I know someone that bikes a good 30 miles to work (we have showers) and then bikes halfway back home. Whereupon she pulls off the road in a certain place and calls her husband, makes sure she gets ahold of him and not voice mail, and asks him to come pick her up as her tire is flat. This phone call is taking place while she lets the air out of her tire. :loll:

Think he'd learn after dozens of times picking her up in the exact same place. :heehee: Something about her husband telling her a long time ago that if she rode her bike to work she'd have to ride it home unless there was an emergency or problem with the bike. They are such a cute couple! :yes:
 
Elisea---in the summer, I play golf, hike in Glacier National Park and on Big Mountain, ride my bike about 50 miles per week. I also am showing at four art fairs----but none of it is fun because it will be hot this year!!!

Luckily for us, we have zero humidity most of the time---but I am always depressed at the end of winter!!!
How can you get depressed at end of winter, if you wish to swap homes in summer i am willing come to cold wet uk i will leave heating off for you as well.
 
I would love to do exactly that---but my husband's back and heart disease do not allow him to travel. Maybe someday!! I want to see Stonehedge, and New Grange in Ireland.
 
Not asked the wife yet but if you live somewhere warm i am ready to swap ,Stonehenge is fine if you like looking at old stones and now all you can do is walk round outside(do not tell my wife i have no liking for old buildings had strict warning when we went to china Great Wall is not a pile of bricks).But have good views from my house and walking down our hill and back good exercise for your knees,Ireland also rains to much and they have terrible accent,i can hardly understand my 2 sister in laws when they get going.Aside from all that uk is good for a visit .
 
Not asked the wife yet but if you live somewhere warm i am ready to swap ,Stonehenge is fine if you like looking at old stones and now all you can do is walk round outside(do not tell my wife i have no liking for old buildings had strict warning when we went to china Great Wall is not a pile of bricks).But have good views from my house and walking down our hill and back good exercise for your knees,Ireland also rains to much and they have terrible accent,i can hardly understand my 2 sister in laws when they get going.Aside from all that uk is good for a visit .
Well, I live in the good old west TX! So if it's heat you are looking for, look no farther! :happydance:
 
Elisea, I haven't done any water skiing in ages... that requires knowing someone with a boat too. I need to sell my home and move, so far I do not know where I will be moving to... Probably locally. Many unknowns for me. The divorce is still in process, and I do not know where I will land.

I am looking forward to doing lots of biking this spring and summer.

I have not golfed in a long time but may do some of that as well.

This month I will be traveling and visiting colleges with my daughter as she needs to make her college decision by the end of this month.
 

Staff online

  • EalingGran
    Staff member since January 23, 2024
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom