PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

Thanks, BJ--yup, everyone has assured me that it will take weeks before I can breathe again!! I usually love to laugh, but you are right--coughing and laughing are the two hardest things---after bending down to fasten my ski boots!!! I just keep putting one foot in front of the other! Yikes, I hope that you love your skis as well as your snowboard. K
 
My daughter with the little girls that she was teaching this morning...
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery

Time to switch from skiing back to boarding. Today I taught skiing until the school groups came in and then it was back to snowboarding...
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
 
I think it is great that you switch back and forth. I am content right now to just ski!! K
 
I think its great that you can switch back and forth (I am betting its with little effort now).
 
I don't mind switching, but my ski boot hurt my feet. If I am in them too long my feet are crying... I wish they were more comfortable.
 
I had a beginners ladies group today (ski) and they were a trip. They were lots of fun., and we laughed a lot. Some really struggled, but they all improved and had some things to practice and work on when they left me. It was a beautiful snowy day on the slopes today.

And the mitten that I lost yesterday turned up in the car today. It made my day when I found it when we went back to the car after work today. I borrowed my sons mittens today for work.

[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
 
Your Ladies Ski group sounds like fun a fun class to teach, glad you found your mitten. I love my mittens and would be an unhappy camper if I lost one.
 
I was so bummed last night when I couldn't find my mitten. I retraced my steps back to the lodge and checked lost and found so many times today it wasn't funny. I looked in the shop for new ones, but I couldn't find any that I loved...
 
I teach two ladies day groups---8 weeks of two hour lessons. They are not beginners---they were five years ago when I started teaching them. Now they rip. We got 7 inches of new powder yesterday===another fun day on the hill.

BJ don't you have a bootfitter near your hill? I have my boots worked on twice a year at least. K
 
Wow, that sounds fun. I think that I would enjoy teaching the ladies group week after week, and watching their improvement. And then having them come back year after year would be really cool too. My ladies group was just a one day thing. We have 5 week school groups and it is fun to watch their progress.

Maybe I will be able to do some of the 5 week day groups during the week next year after my daughter goes to college.

Yay, 7 inches of new powder sounds awesome. We actually had 6 inches of powder the other day. We have had awesome snow lately.

Yes, we have a shop right there at the slopes and someone to work on the boots. I just have to get in there and have them work on my boots. For some reason I just didn't think about that... I don't know why...lol Thanks for the reminder.
 
BJ,
Here a link to the latest powder reports for the US. Fun to see where all the snow is, but disappointing it isn't anywhere near where I live.
broken link removed: https://opensnow.com/powder
 
All this fun ski/snowboard talk makes me want to tale lessons! I wish I lived closer to you guys- I would definitely take lessons with you!
 
Chris, thanks for the powder reports. That is really cool. We are supposed to have warm weather and rain tomorrow :-( I hope that we don't have too much and lose too much of our base. Friday and Saturday were great days out on the mountain.

Jan, that would be fun.

Wouldn't it be fun to plan a ski/snowboard trip for us all next year when we are even stronger?
 
Soooo Friday one of my snowboard students ran into my right thigh with his snowboard after I had modeled what I wanted them to do and was kneeling in the snow watching them come down to me. He was extremely apologetic and wanted to know if I was ok. I just looked down at my right leg and all I could think was,"I just had that knee replaced!" I didn't say it though, and it seemed fine, but I was quite concerned... It seemed to be ok, but I think the jolt threw my whole body out of whack and by this morning I was in soooo much pain and could barely walk. I went to the Chiropractor and got straightened out and am starting to feel a bit better. I could barely sleep or get in a comfortable position the last few nights.
 
Today I celebrated my birthday by going to the Chiropractor, getting my Stang washed and driving it around since the weather was ridiculously warm out. I rested in bed this afternoon. Then my daughter and I went to the mall and met some friends. She and I got our ear pierced (my right and her left) in our cartilage, her treat. I got some new body splash and an overnighter bag. We went out to dinner and they came and sang to me and had a candle in my cheesecake. I had a great birthday with lots of facebook wishes and birthday texts. I heard from all 3 of my sons and my mom and my one sister.


[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
 
Janet2012 said:
Hdkknecnijokdomdknjcbhcubiemcepclooubk cljmwoomrvkrmvimtvmitmvimevkmr volje voje tvoj eotjv oje vojnguonouengnounevojnjoetnounounetgojnojnjonougnounetounvounounetojnoutnvuognirnvin

K lk kjnokpmooipmvoinfnojervkpermormevpm

Um, I have no idea what this was. i'm just seeing it. Maybe my post was hacked??

But Happy Birthday, BJ!
 
Back
Top Bottom