PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

BJ, happy birthday. Wow your daughter looks just like you--that is so much fun too.

Once I was teaching a texan to ski and he would not stay away from his wife---he took her out three times, trying to be near her. Finally, I put him across the run and told him to wait there while I tried to get his wife to move without fear (of him!!).

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of red as he came at us---his skies went between my legs and I fell backwards!! I think that was the last gasp of my ACL replacement. He kept saying, I am sorry---but somehow it was hard to believe him!! Kelly
 
Tessa, thanks for the presents on snowboard that is so cute and makes me smile.

Kelly, thanks! She is not always ok hearing that she looks so much like me, you know "I am soooo old..." lol, but she is getting used to it and realizes that I am not all that bad looking...lol

Oh Gosh, that nasty Texan... that sure does sound as if it may have been premeditated... Well, I am glad that you have knees that work and that you can once again ski. How are your ribs doing???
 
Ugh, It still hurts, but less all the time. Now I can laugh without major pain---I can even cough without groaning out loud!!! I am amazed at how long this healing takes. K
 
It does indeed take a long time. Here's hoping that you hurt less and less and soon it is all well!!! It is good to be able to laugh again. I remember for me when people tried to cheer me up and make me laugh and did not realize that they were actually torturing me instead of helping...lol
 
Yes, I have had similar torture treatments!! I have the two ladies day groups---we ski off groomed, so last week when we went down a really steep bump run we had lots of reason to laugh!!

I watched my group come down, thinking that things were really looking good.

Then some other women skied up and told my group that they had seen them come down the bump run twice and were really impressed with how well they were skiing. My group pointed to me--and the ladies signed up for a private with me. Great advertising to have two groups ski off groomed!!!! Kelly
 
BJ, I've been off the bonesmart sie for a while. Crazy busy at work and now sick with a nasty virus...so all the amazing plans I created, including individual notes on thirty very different writing projects my sixth graders are doing, will have to wait.

And I missed your birthday. Sounds like it was wonderful. Love the mother/daughter earrings. You and your daughter do look alike, and of course, she looks like a younger version of you. Very cool. Glad you are enjoying the slopes...I can't imagine how mad I'd be if someone plowed into my knee-replaced leg. Hope the chiropractor is able to help you out so that you're not in pain. It sounds like you're already back on the slopes though. How do you and Kelly do this? I am beyond impressed.
 
Thanks Jane, I sure hope that you are feeling better soon. Yes, it was a wonderful birthday. I am boarding, but I am in pain. My hip is giving me lots of grief and the Chiropractor says that it is bursitis. I suppose that what it needs is rest, but how much? The ortho told me that I had bursitis there before my knee replacement, and it did calm down when I was resting from the surgery, but now it is hurting a lot.
 
Friday was a great day on the slopes and I had lots of lessons... Saturday was nice as well but not so many lessons for me. I got to ride a bit though.

I brought Misty over to the slopes after work today. The board instructors had their boards thrown down during lineup today... hence the board pics...

[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery [Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
 
Shouldn't Misty have a beer can around her neck just in case you get thirsty? :loll:

And a belated Happy Birthday BJ! :SUNsmile:
 
Hey, she is beautiful, BJ. Saturday was grueling for us---6000 skier visits--we were hopping all day long.
 
Soooo, today I woke up to 6 inches of fresh powder and just had to go over and board the fresh powder. My daughter and I let them know at ski school that we were there and fortunately didn't need to do any lessons. Our neighbors were there and we got to board with them. The powder was soooo light and fluffy and I enjoyed just floating down through it. It was heavenly!!! :happydance:

I had some firsts today. I made a hard turn, caught an edge and came down on my new knee. There was ice underneath where I came down. Knee pads did their job, now I can rest easy knowing that they are good pads. I also slid out on a turn on the ice below the powder on another slope and hit my left knee. Yep, those knee pads work. :yay:

It was fabulous to be out in the wonderfully light fluffy powdery snow and just enjoy God's creation...
 
Kelly, ours is just a tiny mountain, 6000 skier visits sounds humongous... Are you working on Monday? Will you be busy with the Presidents Day holiday?
 
Today, I skied with friends and it was unbelievable!! So many people dashing around who don't really ski well enough to be sking that fast!! Jan and I stopped for a few minutes to talk and a snowboarder who was tumbling, completely out of control missed us by inches. He kept yelling, I am sorry!!!!

Yesterday, I saw a woman on the ground and asked if I could help her get up? She said, no, I am not getting up while I am on this slope----It was a steepish blue. So I called ski patrol and they came and got her. The ski patrol was so happy I was still there since it was steep enough that I needed to hold the sled while she climbed in!!! Apparently, they were super busy on Friday and Saturday.

We need fresh snow---we had three inches last night, but the off groomed is still plenty firm. I usually ski off groomed only but Jan did not want to ski off groomed today.

Hey I got new skis the 2013-14 Inspire---I love that ski and also the Integrra which is 88 underfoot. They look nice. Kelly
 
Back
Top Bottom