PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
Sorry so much fun has lead to so much pain. I feel sure it's just that you have had way too much fun and totally overdone it. Rest, elevate, ice and slow down!
 
Thanks for your care and concern.

It is just so absurd that vacuuming causes me so much more pain that skiing or snowboarding...
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
Don't feel too bad, BJ. I still have an awful time vacuuming--of course, the fact that the vacuum is almost as tall as I am and feel likes it weighs as much as me does not help. I am always exhausted and have a backache when I finish.
 
Hdkknecnijokdomdknjcbhcubiemcepclooubk cljmwoomrvkrmvimtvmitmvimevkmr volje voje tvoj eotjv oje vojnguonouengnounevojnjoetnounounetgojnojnjonougnounetounvounounetojnoutnvuognirnvin



K lk kjnokpmooipmvoinfnojervkpermormevpm
 
Janet2012, um what??? Lol!

BJ just think of it this way, the fun stuff you can do and the work stuff you get to have someone else do still! :heehee:
 
Judy, I am glad to hear that I am not alone. I am trying to get my house ready to sell and wondering how I am going to keep it presentable if I cannot vacuum though...

Janet, Janet2012 Huh???? Do you have one of your grandchildren helping you type??? My grandaughter (5yo) was texting on Christmas day and that is what it looked like. I made sure that it was one of her uncles that it got sent to, just in case she actually managed to send it.

Shelly, Yes, I would rather do the fun stuff and have someone else do the rest, but I feel like they are going to really think that I am just making this up. It sounds like something that the kids would pull, but seriously it is real!!!
 
Oh BTW, I went to the Chiropractor today and my knees and hip do feel a bit better. Now if they will only be quiet and happy tonight and let me sleep... I am sooo tired and it feels like it is already 10:00PM, and it is only 7:00ish :cry:
 
I'm so glad now that we don't have carpet...lol! That vacuuming sounds like a very dangerous activity...:yikes: ! Fingers crossed that you get some sleep tonight...take care!
 
Hi BJ - I always read your posts because it helps me know that maybe not this season, but for sure next season, I will be back on the slopes! I know that happiness that pops out on your posts when you know you're "back!" Now I get to feel that way a little bit on my bike. Next year it will be on skis and who knows what. I'm sorry you are having pain - it just knocks you down after you've gotten to feel so good! It'll get better and each time you "overdo" it'll knock you back less and less I think. I hope you are feeling good today and that you get your house sold without having to vacuum too much! :) xo
 
Hi Tessa and Shelly! Actually I slept in today. Yesterday I was out on the slopes teaching skiing and participating in a skiing clinic that our head of ski school was conducting. Last night I was sore and woke up a lot, so I allowed myself to stay in bed and keep going back to sleep until 10:00 AM. Then I made myself eggs and toast for breakfast and had a couple of cups of coffee. I skipped church and lounged around on the sofa. Then I debated going out on the slopes to board and test out my new knee pads that just came this week. I spent some time wrestling with myself because it was supposed to rain, and I didn't want to get ready and get out there and have it rain. Then when we go out on the mountain on our day off we have to check in with ski school in case they need an extra instructor... then they can have us step in and work. So, I debated for a while and then went on out and boarded. I did wind up helping teach a beginner group lesson and had a lot of fun with that and my new knee pads seem great so far.

I am hoping for a much better sleep tonight. I just finished icing and elevating. Now I am warming back up...
 
Well, I awoke to an inch plus of wet heavy snow this morning. I shoveled my sidewalk and driveway and am feeling no worse for the effort, other than a small ache in my back. I shall count that as a victory.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
Don't feel too bad, BJ. I still have an awful time vacuuming--of course, the fact that the vacuum is almost as tall as I am and feel likes it weighs as much as me does not help. I am always exhausted and have a backache when I finish.
Ditto you gals!!
My vacuum is so heavy, but in May we are moving to a new house all hardwood floors, so no vacuuming except some rugs, will buy a light and easy electric Swiffer sweeper for the floors, will prob work on the rugs too. But i know hard wood floor are hard to keep up too.
 
Hdkknecnijokdomdknjcbhcubiemcepclooubk cljmwoomrvkrmvimtvmitmvimevkmr volje voje tvoj eotjv oje vojnguonouengnounevojnjoetnounounetgojnojnjonougnounetounvounounetojnoutnvuognirnvin



K lk kjnokpmooipmvoinfnojervkpermormevpm
Say What!!!???:goodpost:
 
Hi Tessa and Shelly! Actually I slept in today. Yesterday I was out on the slopes teaching skiing and participating in a skiing clinic that our head of ski school was conducting. Last night I was sore and woke up a lot, so I allowed myself to stay in bed and keep going back to sleep until 10:00 AM. Then I made myself eggs and toast for breakfast and had a couple of cups of coffee. I skipped church and lounged around on the sofa. Then I debated going out on the slopes to board and test out my new knee pads that just came this week. I spent some time wrestling with myself because it was supposed to rain, and I didn't want to get ready and get out there and have it rain. Then when we go out on the mountain on our day off we have to check in with ski school in case they need an extra instructor... then they can have us step in and work. So, I debated for a while and then went on out and boarded. I did wind up helping teach a beginner group lesson and had a lot of fun with that and my new knee pads seem great so far.

I am hoping for a much better sleep tonight. I just finished icing and elevating. Now I am warming back up...
BJ been awhile since I have read your thread, i am glad you to hear, you are back on the slopes, yet those vacuums are a PITA. lol:heehee:.
Glad you allowed your self to sleep in and get some rest.
Reading your posts now has given me some encouragement i know you have had a long , long recovery, and i am so over joyed that you are back to what you love doing. gives me and others, still on pre-op side hope, thanks for keeping on updating us.
I will try to be more diligent in keeping up with the posts, just been heck latley. You go girl:thumb:
 
BJ we are maybe expecting some of the frozen variety here too, in the deep south, and i have an important PM appt, been waiting 3 months to get in to. Please keep us all in our prayers, that we all make it to where we need to go.:flwrysmile:
 
Thank you BJ, the forecast in my neck of the woods is looking a lot less omunious then previously forecasted, but to be on the safe side, i will shop, on my way home from PM, not my usual stores, but at least all will be done no worries for Friday morning.
Now i just hope the PM helps me, i think he will, they don't except patients they don't think they can help, you are screened 1st, i am willing to go through the shots, and what ever else he suggests for my spinal area, to help my whole pelvic and perinea area. Gyno swears no female probs, took all tests in the world.
Already had a bladder surgery, w/about 50 % improvement. Now just got to work on sacral area, then when dust settles down, will tackle the knees.
Again, thanks for your prayers....Sheryl:puppysmooze:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom