PKR Bj Mac's Recovery

I know now after reading about your day, the way the humps and bumps served your knee, at 8-9 weeks I am not anywhere ready to try it. I think that being timid will make me fall even more because I was just so not afraid before...

Hope that the rest today helps immensely and you are ready to get back to the hill tomorrow!
 
This was the view from our deck this morning before we went to work to teach skiing and snowboarding. It was beautiful. The seven year old that I taught today proclaimed to her parents that I was the best instructor in the world. :) We had an awesome 2 hour lesson and went from timid/can't remember how to stop to 'Wow, I really skied that?!'

My left knee is so swollen and sore. Icing and elevating again.
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
 
Well, it was slow on the slopes this morning and the snow was great. After 9:00 lineup I went into the locker room and donned my snowboard boots and went out and snowboarded for the first time since receiving my new knee. My two sons, who are snowboard instructors, made sure that I had on knee pads and said that maybe we should have the ski patrol follow us. Aren't kids great? lol... I went down the slope shouting "I'm back!!!" The younger son said that I shouldn't be shouting since I am wearing 'the jacket' (instructor jacket). I told him that I had every right to be shouting since I am back on my board and I have a new knee. It felt soooooo good to be snowboarding!!!

I switched back into my ski boots for lineup and told the head of snowboard instructors that I am back. He told me that he could see that. I told him that I was snowboarding and then he understood what I meant. The head of ski school said that I can teach which ever one that I want... I LOVE SNOWBOARDING!!!!! I taught skiing today, but it felt soooo awesome to be back on my board.

I did not fall, but I am less afraid of falling on my snowboard than I am on my skis. I think that my comfort level on the snowboard is just so much higher. :happydance:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Bj Mac's Recovery
LOOK AT BJ GO!!!! YOU'RE DEFINITELY BACK. SO HAPPY FOR YOU. Your joy just jumps off the computer screen.
 
That is such fantastic news (!!!!) your TKR scar may permanently morph into a smiley face :heehee:.
 
WTG BJ!!!! That's awesome...!!!!:egypdance:broken link removed: https://www.marbleinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Snowboarder.jpg
 
BJ I've been crazy busy with work and have my kids and their sweeties and a friend visiting, so life has been delightfully hectic. I'm so glad to get back to this site and hear how wonderfully you are doing. My hero! I've never skied, but I want to get back to hiking in the mountains, so I follow your progress eagerly. Love your energy and zest. Does it happen for all skiers? Kelly (skigirl) seems the same way. Maybe I should take up skiing??? Keep enjoying the snow.
 
BJ, beautiful morning picture! I'm glad you are so happy out there in the snow! I hope you can have it all!
 
Thanks Judy, Rose, Elisea, Tessa, Jane and Janet. It is great to be back. Still not full speed, but sooooo great to be back on my board.
 
BJ, you make me smile with your happiness! Enjoy my friend, life is too short for anything else! :friends:

You're back on the board baby!
 
Hmmmmmmm.... I think you need to provide the location coordinates so we can all come!
Spectacular!
 
Thanks Jan!

Yes Janet, and another glorious day today, although it was a bit colder and windy...

Jacky, I am happy indeed. I went to work to teach boarding today and took some runs with another instructor and then was asked to get on my skis to teach... I was on board...lol One of the things I love about being a board instructor is that I am hanging out with the other board instructors, and mostly they are between 16-28 'youngsters' and yet they welcome me quite readily. I love being one of the "kids" if you will... :happydance:

Elisea, yes, yes it would be fun to have you all come...

Thanks Bassplayer, Happy New Year to you too!!!
 
I have found that I can ski and snowboard and I am in pain from doing these things, but when I run the vacuum cleaner or shovel snow I wind up in so much pain that I can barely function. Argh!!!

I am back from staying in the mountains and teaching almost every day. Now it will be only weekends, well Saturdays and some Monday Holidays, and maybe some Wednesday night clinics.

I am suffering from extreme joint pain and can barely sleep. I just want to cry.
 
:sorry:....Hope the joint pain is only from overuse as in too much too soon. I know that is errrrrr, pains you (:umm: ), to have to stay away from the mountain. Take care BJ....best vibes sent your way!
 
BJ I am sorry you are in so much pain. Take it easy today. Lay on the couch with your feet up and watch silly movies all day. That is my RX for you. I hope you feel better very soon!
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom